Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady - Page 2

Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady

This is a discussion on Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have off duty LEO working our theaters. Kinda sad they need police on premisses for movies. Shows what the world is coming to....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady

We have off duty LEO working our theaters. Kinda sad they need police on premisses for movies. Shows what the world is coming to.
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

VIP Member
    Too funny. Kinda sounds like the hubby was carrying as well and she just did not know. He clearly understood the law on it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

"Listen, if he wanted to shoot you I'm sure he could do it just as easily no matter where you sit so be quiet"

Classic response from a man that has obviously been married to her for some time!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I got the same reaction when I OCed my wand into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

You should have dressed in western garb, carried a revolver similar to those used at the time, and wore an eye patch like rooster. Imagine the look you would have gotten from her then.

To the questions about the LEO, I only go to the theater on the "good side" of town any more, but there has always been an officer there on weekends as long as I can remember. It's a Columbia County Sheriff's Officer in full uniform standing behind the ticket taker. I do not know if he was on or off duty.

I think I got lucky with the type of crowd, and it was very unusual for a weekend movie. It seemed like a "we all go to the same church group on Wednesday night" crowd. As we waited for the previews to start, I heard bible and church talk and people kept coming in and recognizing other families they knew so for all I know, it was a prearranged event for most of them. I was blatantly aware of being in the "Bible Belt". Of course, this made for a very vocal crowd as the moms didn't care for the blood and violence. I think they were expecting more John Wayne style camp. A family left during the brutal cabin scene.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Quote Originally Posted by MAINE0388 View Post
    .somebody else in NC correct me if im wrong but do the CC laws not pertain to OC as well?
    Most of them do. The one you mention does for sure. It's a throwback to pre CCP times. With some Jim Crowe in the mix as well. It needs to go.

To the OP, I was expecting you hear you were decked out with a western rig. Funny story though.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

A couple minutes later, a very country older couple came in emitting that terrible "bar cloud" and decided to sit one seat over from me, despite plenty of room.
    Its legal to be intoxicated in public there?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    I got the same reaction when I OCed my wand into Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.
    Some kid draw his wand on to you?hahahhahah
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

VIP Member
    Too funny!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Its legal to be intoxicated in public there?

Michael
    Probably all the more reason the husband didn't want any trouble, AMWAG call could've just as easily put them under the microscope. Kudos to him for at least knowing what the law was and having the mature reaction to it. Even if he's not carrying himself it's nice to see people as educated not ignorant or misinformed or working on assumptions.

Re: Police in theaters, I've seen it several times, sometimes out and about in the crowd just because it's where there's lots of teenagers congregating on the weekend nights so mere presence helps keep them in line; and in one town in a well to do suburb it used to be the only business in the city limits, so unless they were directing traffic at the church on Sunday Morning they made laps around the movie theater parking lot because all the neighborhood they could patrol were gated communities with private security.

From reading DC the last few months it sounds like I may need to get a revolver for the mere costume factor, between movie openings and Halloween.

Glock Certified Armorer

LOL....that's too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    From reading DC the last few months it sounds like I may need to get a revolver for the mere costume factor, between movie openings and Halloween.
    Huh. . . I never thought of that. . . integrating a gun into Halloween. . . I've always just modified my Halloween plans to conceal. Maybe this year I should be John Wayne or Clint Eastwood :-D

Thats a hoot!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    Bonus: As the movie started, she kept talking at the screen like she's never been to a movie before. After a couple times, I solid SHHH and me looking directly in her eyes and she didn't utter a peep the rest of the movie.
    Excellent started my day on the bright note
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links