Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady

This is a discussion on Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to see True Grit Saturday night, enjoyed it immensely BTW as its been a while since I saw a solid and dark western. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady

Post Open Carried at True Grit, Scared Intoxicated Lady

I went to see True Grit Saturday night, enjoyed it immensely BTW as its been a while since I saw a solid and dark western. Anyways, when I took my jacket off, I just left my G27 in my Supertuck uncovered as I had my shirt behind it. The officer posted inside noticed and scowled at me but didn't say anything as I nodded, acknowledging his presence.

So my woman and I got into our seats, right in the middle at the break so plenty of leg room. A couple minutes later, a very country older couple came in emitting that terrible "bar cloud" and decided to sit one seat over from me, despite plenty of room. So as she's preparing to sit down, she looks down directly at my G27. She starts flapping her partner on the shoulder and slurs, "Hey, he's got a gun!" He quickly told her to be quiet and its not illegal. She wouldn't let it drop though and wanted to move away. His response was, "Listen, if he wanted to shoot you I'm sure he could do it just as easily no matter where you sit so be quiet" I didn't dare look around to see how many people were hearing this. I was expecting a visit from the LEO's from a MWAG call from someone behind us but fortunately, there was none.

Bonus: As the movie started, she kept talking at the screen like she's never been to a movie before. After a couple times, I solid SHHH and me looking directly in her eyes and she didn't utter a peep the rest of the movie.
    1911 Lover likes this.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    hahaha
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Too Funny!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    The officer posted inside noticed and scowled at me but didn't say anything as I nodded, acknowledging his presence.
    Wow, no wonder you went armed, if the theater gets an officer posted it must be rough

His response was, "Listen, if he wanted to shoot you I'm sure he could do it just as easily no matter where you sit so be quiet"
    That almost sounded like he was kinda hopeful, lol.

Bonus: As the movie started, she kept talking at the screen like she's never been to a movie before. After a couple times, I solid SHHH and me looking directly in her eyes and she didn't utter a peep the rest of the movie.
    I can imagine the look on her face, that must have been glorious
    bigmacque likes this.

HAHAHAHAH! Now that is a judicious use of your carry weapon! Another example of a situation being diffused by the mere presence of the gun!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

good read.

LUCKY YOU....WE CANT CARRY IN MOVIE THEATERS BECAUSE THE CHARGE ADMISSION I WISH THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT LAW...NEWAYZ YES THAT WAS FUNNY AND I AGREE WITH LIVEWIRE, I GOT THE PICTURE OF THIS OLD GRUMPY MAN JUST WISHING YOU WOULD SHOOT HIS WIFE
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by MAINE0388 View Post
    LUCKY YOU....WE CANT CARRY IN MOVIE THEATERS BECAUSE THE CHARGE ADMISSION I WISH THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT LAW...NEWAYZ YES THAT WAS FUNNY AND I AGREE WITH LIVEWIRE, I GOT THE PICTURE OF THIS OLD GRUMPY MAN JUST WISHING YOU WOULD SHOOT HIS WIFE
    What possible bearing could the fact that they charge admission have on CC or OC? Just curious.
    "Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun"
    WWW.MOLONLABEGUNFORUM.COM

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The husband needs to take her home and give her a good dose of shut-the-heck-up. Some people.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's one of the reasons I haven't moved back to NC. The prhibitions are too restrictive. Yeah, you can CC anywhere except everywhere. I guess Mickie Ds is okay since they don't serve alcohol.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Hampster View Post
    What possible bearing could the fact that they charge admission have on CC or OC? Just curious.
    It doesnt I guess. In NC you cant CC anywhere admission is charged I dont know the logic behind it but I would rather be able to carry in a movie theater being that anybody could come in with a rifle or shotgun, heck even a pistol and just point toward the crowd and probably hit with every other shot or so. newayz dont wanna hijack the thread lol.....somebody else in NC correct me if im wrong but do the CC laws not pertain to OC as well?

It doesnt I guess. In NC you cant CC anywhere admission is charged I dont know the logic behind it but I would rather be able to carry in a movie theater being that anybody could come in with a rifle or shotgun, heck even a pistol and just point toward the crowd and probably hit with every other shot or so. newayz dont wanna hijack the thread lol.....somebody else in NC correct me if im wrong but do the CC laws not pertain to OC as well?
    Congratulations on finding your capslock key ;)

Isn't it funny that the part of the country that insisted on the Bill of Rights having the 2nd amendment before they'd ratify the constitution is the part of the country with the strangest ideas on gun ownership and carry today?

Nice read. Well done by you and the husband.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    Congratulations on finding your capslock key ;)

Isn't it funny that the part of the country that insisted on the Bill of Rights having the 2nd amendment before they'd ratify the constitution is the part of the country with the strangest ideas on gun ownership and carry today?
    lol I work with the caps on sometimes I forget to turn it off.....the administrators usually fix that. sorry for "yelling" everybody

lol I work with the caps on sometimes I forget to turn it off.....the administrators usually fix that. sorry for "yelling" everybody
    You must work in Medical. I got used to it when I worked for a clinic :)

Hey Biomortis, was the 'officer posted' there a LEO, or local security?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links