Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed...

This is a discussion on Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I dont see anything wrong with it, I recall Israeli citizens carrying automatic weapons.... But yea YOU could argue its dif....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed...

I dont see anything wrong with it, I recall Israeli citizens carrying automatic weapons.... But yea YOU could argue its dif.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

2. Remove Ads

Wow. Just wow.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I have several AR15's,never once have I thought it would be a good idea to open carry one into an environment that some psycho with a rifle had opened fire on innocent People in the past,and even tho I might believe in the 2nd amendment,I would err on the side of caution and call in this idiot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I see him as a true open carry hero!

With all due respect you need to look a little harder for a hero.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Legal or not, a guy walking around with a rifle over his shoulder is asking for trouble. I'm all for legal carry, but that is just absurd. In light of all the shootings, this move was in very bad taste. I'm sure i'll be flamed for this, but I think open carry of any kind is silly. In my opinion, open carry is just screaming for attention. Or someone who just loves to argue or debate the 2nd amendment every chance he gets. Lemme go grab some popcorn so I have a snack while everyone flames me :)
    I agree with you. I cannot think of a logical reason to open carry a handgun other than to show off and draw attention. Also, from a strategic standpoint it is better to have a concealed weapon in case of a self-defense situation than a weapon in plain view.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

That doofus is not doing anything constructive for anyone........or anybody's agenda (except maybe the Brady Bunch's)
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

If his intentions were honest, the public is nowhere close to being ready for that kind of visual.

Much more damage done than good.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    That doofus is not doing anything constructive for anyone........or anybody's agenda (except maybe the Brady Bunch's)
    +1 I too question his motives for his actions.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Stupid! He sure didn't do any good or help anything by doing that!!
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Link to story with 9-11 phone call:
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14047833

So at a mall in Utah, a man is carrying an AR15 and a pistol just walking around. He was stopped by local LEOs and charged with disorderly conduct.

This link contains an interview wit the open carry warrior: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14078120

Just wanted to share. I see him as a true open carry hero! I suspect the charges will be dropped.

I wanted to add he had a leather coat and a BERET! Awesomeness.
    The more I read this post the more it appears to be a Troll attempt. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I agree with you. I cannot think of a logical reason to open carry a handgun other than to show off and draw attention. Also, from a strategic standpoint it is better to have a concealed weapon in case of a self-defense situation than a weapon in plain view.
    I'll second that...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Sponsor
    I think the key element here is the 911 calls. People had a reason to be alarmed.

" Gee, I wonder why that guys is carrying a rifle inside this mall, Oh well, maybe he is just trying to buy some shoes that match".
    People tend to question strange behavior, after all everyone has the right to be safe.
    Go with the glow

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, incidents like what happened in Tucson will summons all the nut-balls across the country. They all want attention and they don’t care how they get it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Link to story with 9-11 phone call:
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14047833

So at a mall in Utah, a man is carrying an AR15 and a pistol just walking around. He was stopped by local LEOs and charged with disorderly conduct.

This link contains an interview wit the open carry warrior: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14078120

Just wanted to share. I see him as a true open carry hero! I suspect the charges will be dropped.

I wanted to add he had a leather coat and a BERET! Awesomeness.
    This says so much about the whole situation and the person in question.

Did he have a name plate on his shirt that read "Gecko45"?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Sorry Your are going to get flamed for this. But it is your opinion that a conceal gun is a strategic advantage, In some cases I will agree that a conceal one would be good, in others like the guys who cased out a Waffle house saw two guy Open Carrying and decided to leave. How do I know they left because of the Open Carry guys. Because the police pulled them over 5 mins later and when the LEO's found weapons and bags in their car they asked the thugs what the intent was. The Thugs told them they were going to rob the restaurant, but saw guys OC and decided not to.

Also I guess you think that by me who doesn't have a CPL/CHL/CCH I shouldn't carry for self defense? I know my rights/laws, and am very good with all firearms. But by age I can't CC, so OC is the next best thing for me. When I have my CPL yes I will CC and I will OC. Just depends on what I'm doing/wearing that day. Plus the laws are better when I OC with a CPL in my state.

Am I looking for "attention" by OCing? heck no. I'm with in my rights as a Law Abiding Citizen, and want to come home to my family at the end of the day safe. Oh and you are more than welcome to flame me for this but I think OC has more of an advantage when it comes to speed. I can say that I will out draw you 100% of the time.

I did this test. My father a CPL holder and I at the command of a third were to draw our guns and shoot at our targets. While reviewing the video, I not only out drew him But had a good shot off, before he was even up in the shooting position. So our opinion are just that, take them as you will

As for the AR-15 he has his rights, is it a good idea? probably not, it should have been loaded. Because it was not, I know he was looking for attention. If I could know if i was going to be in a bad situation, I would want my shotgun, and a handgun as back up. It is like the quote

"I see you have your handgun, are you boys expecting trouble?"
    "No Mrs., if I was I would have brought my shotgun."
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links