Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed... - Page 7

Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed...

This is a discussion on Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Janq Yep! It's as if folk were born yesterday....Or woke up from hibernation that day having been asleep a hundred or so ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Man Open Carries Rifle At Mall And Is Harassed...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Yep!

It's as if folk were born yesterday....Or woke up from hibernation that day having been asleep a hundred or so years and clueless toward the realitys of public perception.

Same goes for sportsmen including hunters, as mentioned prior, who on the one hand complain and crow about how there are getting to be fewer and fewer spots to hunt due to antis and the ignorant not wanting to allow _us_ use of lands.
    But then on the the other hand there is always constant chatter about riding around in trucks with guns on _display_ in windows and walking into public marts with guns slung on shoulders...For no good reason at all as related to anything never mind hunting.

You can't have it both ways folks.
    This is the real world, not Fantasy Island nor Mayberry R.F.D.

Persons who behave like this and who also act un-ethically do us all, and our childrens future as gun owners, a great harm.
    Watch the linked news piece in full through to the end and take note of the result.
    What do you think the public as well as the two children included in the newscast learn from this specific "11 yr. veteran Hunter Education Instructor"?

This is exactly how and why the Firearms Control Act of 1934 was established and how from there the ATF as an agency was established; Both of which today we as _great grandchildren_ now whine and remark about as hey why do we have to suffer this...I've never even handled a 'Tommy Gun' or a sawed-off shotgun before.

This is why state laws such as in CA, NJ, MD, MA, CT and NY among other suck states as well as DC came to be.
    Stuff did not just poof appear and be this way for no reason as going back to the Continental Congress.

People acting like idiots and fools _instigated_ other people as who were on fences, including even other hunters and sportsmen!, to vote toward activation of such laws and regulations to keep crazies and morons like this mall guy under restraint.
    Meanwhile the rest of us who have nothing at all to do with such chumps we loose, as do our children and their children and their children....

People as ADULTS need to start thinking using their brains and to act as using their BEST JUDGMENT, and to stop with this ehh I'm not gonna be 'politically correct' non-sense.
    Like it or not guns and RKBA is very highly politicized. This is correct and it has been since long before the PC term ever came to be, and it will be...FOREVER.

Recognize and act like you know; For all of our kids and grandkids sake.

- Janq
    Well said.

drw
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I......have a different opinion about the gentleman. I'll leave it at that.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by William Hill View Post
    I think carrying a rifle down the street, to the mall, buying diapers, or during any other mundane activity, is a bad idea. Not because I care about what the public thinks, or because I care what any of you people here think, but because carrying a rifle around is too cumbersome to be practical, or comfortable. Now, if I had a SBR, I might consider it.

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that this is the open carry forum, dedicated to the discussion of Open Carry. Nobody cares if you think open carry is just screaming for attention, is silly, gives away your magical tactical advantage, or whatever. If you think open carry is stupid, leave, go two doors down, and hang out in the Concealed Carry room. You can ***** about Open Carry there all you like. Better yet, go and argue about .45ACP vs. 9mm, or 1911s vs. Glocks, or something else equally stupid, and overdone.
    I can understand your point of the Dicussion of Open carry, BUT.there is reasonable, and UNreasonable, where the display of certain types of guns, whether handguns, or long guns, should be carried in a safe and prudent manner. if I carried one of my machineguns into a mall, (and I would NEVER do it, even though I'd be within my legal right to do so) even if I had a signed 5320.20 form for it, I'm sure I'd get attention from Civillians AND local Police. therefore, with all this in mind, one should think before about what their actions MAY constitute before they decide to walk into a Mall, etc. Legal carry, of ANY TYPE is a responsibility of all of us, but there IS a certain degree of reasonable thought about how you're going to be looked upon, before one decides to do what is lawfull and within one's rights.
    One thing we ALL have in common is BEING RESPONSIBLE for our actions.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

We have the 1st amendment. Does that mean you should be spitting derogatories at minorities? No.

Exercise your rights, but exercise common sense in the exercise of your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

We have the 1st amendment. Does that mean you should be spitting derogatories at minorities? No.

Exercise your rights, but exercise common sense in the exercise of your rights.
    WELL SAID to make it short and sweet.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Right, wrong or indifferent...why have so many posters been allowed to turn this into a debate bashing those that choose to legally open carry? I didn't think that was allowed in this forum, I'm just saying.
    Proud NRA member

OC'ing a rifle into an urban setting is like telling your boss to get lost. You can certainly do it, but expect repercussion.
    Last edited by SIXTO; January 30th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

I has dat feelin' I is about to get flamed......

I mean really? An AR in a mall? Really?

Okay...true enough he had the RIGHT to do it...but come on....REALLY?

I seriously doubt this is how he would go about every day open carry if he were really just trying to excercise his rights and have an immediate means of self defense.

As 100% pro gun, Pro 2A and proud supporter of Arizona's new Constitutional Carry, even I would give this guy the second stinky eye if I were at the mall with my family. It's as bad as the d-bag who used to run around Tucson wearing his WWII vintage Waffen SS uniform packing a P-08 Luger and carrying a slung Mauser down Speedway Blvd. Sure he has the right to do it...but I got to tell you, he was the FIRST blip on my "something is about to happen" radar.

He isn't helping the Open Carry cause by doing this stuff. Wear a nice shirt, tie, slacks, and a pistol. Go about your business and see how many people don't bat an eye. Change the public perception in gentle ways, show gun toters aren't wing nuts....that will do a LOT more for the cause than going around like a reject from a 1980's shoot-em-up flick.

Okay....let the flaming begin...I have my asbestos undies on.

JUST TO GO ON RECORD: I am NOT anti open carry. I believe that the carrying of a firearm for self defense is an ABSOLUTE RIGHT...PERIOD. How you choose to excercise that right is and SHOULD BE your own choice. I carry concealed the vast majority of the time, but sometimes...I carry open. No big deal, I don't fret one way or the other. I like to have the option to go either way, and in AZ we have that option. Other states aren't so lucky...hopefully that too will change.

And people wonder why we have stupid gun laws.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    AZ Infidel no flaming here. You have just said what I and others have been stating on here for a long time.

Just read my sig line and you will see what I am talking about.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.....wasn't the right time to carry that AR....perhaps, God forbid, a period of civil unrest? When the Space Clowns show up? These are the situations that put a label of 'Bubba' on the rest of us....no disrespect to anyone really named Bubba....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

JD
    Administrator
    Three pages agreeing that the guy is a douchebag, not much more else to be said.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links