Changes to the Open Carry forum

This is a discussion on Changes to the Open Carry forum within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Duly noted. I doubt the debate will get THAT stale. There's always some new twist to "play" with......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Changes to the Open Carry forum

Duly noted.

I doubt the debate will get THAT stale. There's always some new twist to "play" with...
    oneshot likes this.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

2. Remove Ads

There are other gun forums?......
    oneshot likes this.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=Bumper;1863977]When we originally opened this forum, I added a notation that this was not the place to "debate the virtues of open carry", essentially making it a protected forum. I have, since then, debated whether this was the right thing to do since we did not place any restrictions on other forums.

Open carry is a controversial subject, particularly when those that do OC do so specifically to garner attention to the practice. While we still discourage arguments over this topic, we will no longer offer "protection" for those who's practices invoke controversy. We now all stand on even ground but we will not hesitate to issue infractions for those that cross the line in comments and rebuttals.

If you can accept these changes, we will continue to welcome you to this forum. If not, there is another forum out there that may be more to your liking....[/QUOTEIS that why I can't post in the threads?

OC rules

Agreed..
    écrasez l'infâme

As a "junior" poster I see no problem with your rules, previous or present.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No matter what side of the issue you fall on, make no mistake that I intend to still watch this forum very closely. Keep things civil and inline, and there will be no issues.

^^^^^^^^^Killjoy!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Just kidding.

You and the other moderators do a very good job, and thats what we appreciate.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I put open carry with out dated blue laws. I won't do it will I fight to keep the right hell ya! I am not a young man any more so I want to keep
    my equlizers undercover until I am sure I really need them. I also don't believe everything I read on a forum.

changes to the forum

Being a brand new member to this forum, I was not affected by the old limiatations. Though I thank you for the expantion to include OC.

I live in a county where the CC population in very high. Today I OCed for the first time. I felt like I was in a fish bowl, no one said anything(directly) to me, but the glares and stares made me feel like a lepur........I think I understand why some folks do not OC. ( their choice)
    I will continue to exercise my 2nd amendment rights to protect my family and country, Not only a right, But an obligation........
    moosha (nevada native)
    TN_Mike and NYCrulesU like this.

Debate is good, censorship not so good....(Use Common Sense )

Great forum! Glad there is an Open Carry section. As we all know it's not the oc group that starts stir sticking the posts. When the posts degenerate into cc vs. oc it is brought on by the cc group. I have yet to see anyone from the oc section go in and stir the cc group. Most of the oc group have cc permits and do both. Some don't. It's a personal choice how we carry and the derogetory comments are really not needed. We know the benefits and drawbacks of each. No minds are going to be changed by letting us know that "it wouldn't have happened if you had just been concealed". We chose to open carry and know the consequences.

We also know about private property rights and probably more about the local and state laws than most people with cc permits. Most of us (notice I said most, not all) are not attention grabbing, suite happy money grubbers. We just know that there are limits to legal authority and want to have those limits abided by. This is the case whether oc or cc. We all have the same rights.

I'm proud of my Idaho and Utah permits. I feel there should be reciprosity for all 50 states and the other territories. I am advocate for cc as much as oc. I believe the limitation of one wil lead to the limitation of both and we need to stand up for both, even if we only do one.
    NYCrulesU likes this.

Carracer, I could not agree with you more. If we divide amoungst ourselves we are half beaten already.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Sounds great.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I'm glad to see a formum like this in Texas we can't open carry but one state away we can... how different does it feel/ what kind of looks do you get with open carry? I still remember the first time I walked out of the house with cc not's its part of everyday life and I'm happy to say i ahve converted /assisted several people into a position were they now carry...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Sometimes it gets very exciting with intense drama filled with combative and hostile exchanges of religious hammering, racial slurs, derogatory comments, gender bashing and rapid fire negative innuendos of one's mentality, opinion, sexual preference and/or legitimacy of birth - but that's why we have Facebook and Twitter

Glad CC and OC are maintained as civilized forums for the constructive exchange of ideas, leaning, teaching, and good information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links