Florida passes open carry.........

This is a discussion on Florida passes open carry......... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Florida House Bill 517...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida passes open carry.........

Florida passes open carry.........

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    The link won't load; could be this overloaded computer, and/or the wireless connection. Or, so many folks may be accessing the site that it is overwhelmed. What does it say, please?

Senior Moderator
    Sorry, but no.

HB 517 passed in committee. It is headed to another committee. It has not passed in the sense of being sent to the governor for signature.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/517

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Long way to go still until it becomes law. I welcome it as an option and to put an end to the threat of an overzealous "improper exhibition" charge.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Looking forward to this...looking better all the time...Go Florida! (Perhaps TX will follow?)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I think its kinda funny....I moved from nebraska before they had a Carry permit, no sooner do I they get one, I move from Florida and it might get Open Carry....Oh well I moved to Georgia. Maybe I should move abroad, then move back and see if 2A follows?
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Maybe I should move abroad, then move back and see if 2A follows?
    Everyone seems to have a gun in some middle-east countries. They seem inclined towards AK's a lot, if you like them you would be "in".
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Everyone seems to have a gun in some middle-east countries. They seem inclined towards AK's a lot, if you like them you would be "in".
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Good job Florida. A step in the right direction. Keep it moving until it becomes law!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thats great. Anyone know where to find out when the next committee vote will be?

I'm not sure how many of us who carry concealed would carry open. I have given it considerable thought. I have reached no decision. It may be a situational decision. I think the main benefit of the law would be to do away with possible criminal penalties associated with inadvertent momentary display of your weapon.

I live in miami and dont think i would open carry. Something tells me it wouldnt be well received by police even after this becomes law. But i think it should still become law so as not to have issues with accidents of displaying. Plus i think it would be convenient in the more rural area that some of my family live in. They ride horses up north and usually carry their guns with them and its easier to have it holstered to teh saddle or side than concealed

Quote Originally Posted by Keisukekun View Post
    I live in miami and dont think i would open carry. Something tells me it wouldnt be well received by police even after this becomes law. But i think it should still become law so as not to have issues with accidents of displaying. Plus i think it would be convenient in the more rural area that some of my family live in. They ride horses up north and usually carry their guns with them and its easier to have it holstered to teh saddle or side than concealed
    This time there would be some teeth in the law being ignored by the cities...up to a $5,000,000 fine...so it WILL be received differently.IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bobpcfl View Post
    I'm not sure how many of us who carry concealed would carry open. I have given it considerable thought. I have reached no decision. It may be a situational decision. I think the main benefit of the law would be to do away with possible criminal penalties associated with inadvertent momentary display of your weapon.
    I do not intend to open carry, but it will definitely put my mind at easy if I were to accidentally expose my firearm. Still waiting for my permit, but I don't know if I can bring myself to actually carry because im 1000% afraid of accidental exposure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links