Philadelphia police assault open carrier at gunpoint

This is a discussion on Philadelphia police assault open carrier at gunpoint within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Link: Arrested by the Philadelphia Police for Open Carry As I walked down the street towards the store, I caught a glimpse of a Philadelphia ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Philadelphia police assault open carrier at gunpoint

Philadelphia police assault open carrier at gunpoint

Link: Arrested by the Philadelphia Police for Open Carry

As I walked down the street towards the store, I caught a glimpse of a Philadelphia Police cruiser out of the corner of my eye, traveling in the same direction I was.

A few moments later, I hear a vehicle's transmission roughly slam into "P" very close by.

"Hey, Junior!" comes a voice from the other side of the squad car.
    "Junior?!" I replied, as I turned around. I thought to myself, that's kind of a condescending way to greet someone, isn't it? As I turned, I prepared to ask the police officer what I could help him with.

It was then that I noticed the officer had his gun trained on my chest.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully he get's a attorney that is licensed to practice in Federal Court.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Leave, take your tax revenue with you. Stop spending money in these cities. Leave these gestapo cesspools like Philly, NYC, Chicago and Los Angeles to the welfare recipients. Do not do business in their jurisdictions. Hit them in the pocketbooks.

VIP Member
    This is one of the primary reasons I don't OC.
    I like cops for the most part, I once went to school to become one , but had a change of direction.

I try not to initiate an interaction with them , if I can help it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I wouldn't give you a nickel for any state without preemption.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I wouldn't give you a nickel for any state without preemption.
    PA has preemption.

I don't consider "First City" type crap preemption

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    FL currently has preemption without teeth. We're trying to fix that by adding penalties against municipalities that pass gun laws in defiance of state law.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    This is one of the primary reasons I don't OC.
    I like cops for the most part, I once went to school to become one , but had a change of direction.

I try not to initiate an interaction with them , if I can help it.
    Maybe the police should post a list of laws that they don't like so we can all be better citizens?

Michael

See the thing is he was perfectly legal in all regards... and still almost gets shot by a "law" enforcement officer. Even with the stupid "City of first class" exemption that philthy has he was LEGAL with a LTCF. Cop wouldnt even look at it until he had his jack booted thug friends there to scream more obscenities and "back him up".
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

It sounds like his path of persuing it primarily through IIB/IA is a good choice.

If I was confronted by a LEO with a drawn gun pointed at me I would not be doing or saying anything that would give him a reason to tighten his finger on the trigger of his weapon. Right or wrong on the LEO's part I will do whatever I need to do to survive the encounter. I will deal with the legal issues at a place and time where my life is not in jeopardy.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The only cure the this kind of 'garbage' is a 'windfall' award to the 'victim'.
    Hope he gets it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If I was confronted by a LEO with a drawn gun pointed at me I would not be doing or saying anything that would give him a reason to tighten his finger on the trigger of his weapon. Right or wrong on the LEO's part I will do whatever I need to do to survive the encounter. I will deal with the legal issues at a place and time where my life is not in jeopardy.

It should not even be necessary to mention that, but I guess it is.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The only cure the this kind of 'garbage' is a 'windfall' award to the 'victim'.
    Hope he gets it...
    If the actual persons involved in this do not actually pay the windfall to the victim how will it stop future abuses? In this case it is the taxpayers who will suffer the cost. The same taxpayers who are on the wrong end of the abuse will now be forced to pay a monetary penalty for the abuse acted out against them. No different than when parents pay all the traffic tickets for their children. The child never learns anything.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; March 25th, 2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links