The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude - Page 11

The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude

This is a discussion on The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 on that. Same for me too....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    +1 on that. Same for me too.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Personally, I couldn't care less what some officer thinks about open carry, or concealed carry for that matter. All I care about is that they know the law. Just a few weeks ago I spoke to an officer about the knife laws and he had NO CLUE. That bothers me more than a negative attitude towards the subject.
    LongRider and FTG-05 like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Personally, I couldn't care less what some officer thinks about open carry, or concealed carry for that matter. All I care about is that they know the law. Just a few weeks ago I spoke to an officer about the knife laws and he had NO CLUE. That bothers me more than a negative attitude towards the subject.
    In bold:I agree 100 percent!!!!!!!
    carracer and LongRider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    Or, perhaps the would be robber takes the opportunity to turn around and walk out of the store, finding the situation far to scary. He is there after all to rob the place, not necessarily to engage in a gunfight.
    Come on now we all know that criminals are Bad A Warriors Killers more than willing to needlessly engage in a gun fight because that is how tough they are, not like they are spineless cowards that would go looking for defenseless pray.
    jrclen and carracer like this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Well said
    Worth repeating
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I hear what you say...a sheriffs' deputy that I run ems with stated " game on " when questioned about what if I said I don't have to answer whether I'm armed and with what, knife, gun..etc. I would by default answer them, but did not like the response of " game on " if I chose not to. It should not be a " game " over who has the right to know what, but what is allowed per the constitution. If the LEO doesn't like that, then too bad. Their enforcement powers do not trump the constitution
    carracer and LongRider like this.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Links