The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude - Page 6

The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude

This is a discussion on The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Redcrow Lastly, anyone that doesn't think OC is a good idea cause it shows your hand needs to take a look at ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: The Logic of 'Open Carry' and LEO's Attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    Lastly, anyone that doesn't think OC is a good idea cause it shows your hand needs to take a look at what people carry on their belts. LEOs, Security, and those of us that are around firearms get ingrained to notice a gun. But the truth is that people are so self centered now-a-days that no one notices. Its kinda the same as the concealed carry vests, when one of us gun enthusiasts notices someone wearing one of those vests we instantly assume he is packing. When someone that is a non-enthusiast just looks at the vest and thinks "wow that is tacky" but doesn't assume he is carrying a gun. A non-enthusiast sees a bulge on the belt line and thinks cell phone not 1911.
    Sorry, but that's BS. I carried a gun in my job within the system for years, and numerous times people asked "where's your gun " .... I had it on & they didn't have a need to know where. Several have identified my cell phone, as a gun. There are people who make a lot of "assumptions" , but ... that's all there is. You may be able to id some people, but there is no 'special' talent LEO's nor Security people have.... only the.... if you see this then it "might be" a gun. Making "assumptions" can get you and everyone around you in trouble really fast with the wrong person.

I just happened to be at the detention center to meet up with a friend and we all thought there was a good place to meet. We also used to go down there and play basketball. I was asked to get involved in with a guy because it was well known that I dealt constantly with very violent people. They had this guy who had just whipped up badly on 5 local LEO's ... and they shoved him in a holding room, but no one could handle him.

So, I asked if he had been checked for weapons, and EVERYONE swore he had 3-4 times and he was unarmed. The guy was threatening " I'm going to kill every one of you blank blank blank " . I had them lock me in there with him. He kept threatening me as well and telling me how could just take me out if he wanted. Talked to him for 2 hrs, and got him calm and realizing he wasn't going anywhere and that he needed to work with the situation, rather than causing himself more issues and a Judge who would never allow him to bond out and who would only add to any sentences he might be facing.

When I was about to walk out, he says " OH, I better give this to you so you can take it with you". He reaches down his pants and pulls out a loaded .357 revolver that he had had the entire time. So, he could have taken everyone out.

I took these LEO's and the Detention Staff into a room, locked the door, and told them my opinion of them.....

Unless you like living "by chance" , you assume everyone is armed.
    NIS350ZTT likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Two More Reasons to OC?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Problem was, when he left, they were talking among themselves about what a paranoid moron he was and in general speaking badly of him
    So is the point that anti self defense fanatics, pansies, metro sexual gender confused cowards that believe they are entitled to have all their needs and wants catered to by the government will not like me and make a point not to associate with me because I OC?

And that is a bad thing because?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I thought about it for a minute and it occured to me that of course no one is going to heckle a man to his face while he is blatenly carrying a firearm.
    I take issue with the term blatantly. It is needlessly judgmental and provocative. How about he was simply carrying a gun as the majority of people had for hundreds of years without issue? That said.
    So you are saying that Robert A. Heinlein was correct when he said
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert A. Heinlein
    An armed society is a polite society.
    That people are more considerate polite and respectful to those that OC?

Again that is a bad thing because?

Sounds to me like to more very good reasons to OC.
    NYCrulesU and FTG-05 like this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LEO officers in Madison WI made it clear again this week they don't care open carry CC they are going to take you down every chance they get and DA has given them his blessings.

This argument involves more than just open carry. It comes down to the currently accepted idea that a person must show a good reason to exercise their rights. Why else would everyone be demanding to know why you need to do something?
    If you cannot show a reasonable cause for carrying a weapon it should not be allowed. The same could and some think should apply to someone being in a neighborhood they do not live. Show a valid reason to be there or be arrested.
    If you have a valid reason to do something whats so wrong with proving it? Show a good enough reason and maybe it will be allowed. It seems that many people believe we need a system where everything is illegal unless there is a laws stating otherwise. I have to admit that this system would make the it easier on the government.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    LEO officers in Madison WI made it clear again this week they don't care open carry CC they are going to take you down every chance they get and DA has given them his blessings.
    Sound like we need a national CC meeting in Madison.... a million strong of armed citizens.

That will change if some win some civil rights lawsuits and they learn how much it's going to cost them. Then the citizens will be clammering for their replacement.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If you open carry to constitutionaly grandstand, for the purpose of baiting, antagonizing, or envokeing a response, to gain a legal settlement, you derseve what ever comes your way. Knock youeselves out. That seem to be what happens these days in Wisconsin.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sound like we need a national CC meeting in Madison.... a million strong of armed citizens.

That will change if some win some civil rights lawsuits and they learn how much it's going to cost them. Then the citizens will be clammering for their replacement.
    Madison don't care how many times they get sued it is tax payer money if they lose and pretty hard for them to lose in Madison.
    Again LEO in Madison made it clear again this week open carry CC it don't madder they are going to find away to nail you with something.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    If you open carry to constitutionaly grandstand, for the purpose of baiting, antagonizing, or envokeing a response, to gain a legal settlement, you derseve what ever comes your way. Knock youeselves out. That seem to be what happens these days in Wisconsin.
    Does the person carrying the weapon have to prove his reason for being there? Is there a magic test to determine his mindset? What do you propose?
    Mind reading laws are very dangerous.

Michael
    FTG-05 likes this.

I see you are still spewing the same anti-oc BS Airwar.
    NYCrulesU and FTG-05 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Here we go!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Here we go!!

Ding! Ding! Round x
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Here we go!!

I'm out.

Me. I don't care how anyone wants to carry. I have my opinions, but that's about it. Everybody has to hoe their own row of taters.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    So is the point that anti self defense fanatics, pansies, metro sexual gender confused cowards that believe they are entitled to have all their needs and wants catered to by the government will not like me and make a point not to associate with me because I OC?

And that is a bad thing because?

I take issue with the term blatantly. It is needlessly judgmental and provocative. How about he was simply carrying a gun as the majority of people had for hundreds of years without issue? That said.
    So you are saying that Robert A. Heinlein was correct when he said

That people are more considerate polite and respectful to those that OC?

Again that is a bad thing because?

Sounds to me like to more very good reasons to OC.

I couldn't agree more with all that you've said. Thank you.
    FTG-05 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I see you are still spewing the same anti-oc BS Airwar.

Surely you didn't expect anything different did you Mike? lmao
    FTG-05 likes this.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links