Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight - Page 3

Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight

This is a discussion on Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive seen a few here in Ky carrying open. I thanked a guy one time for being armed and ready to defend himself and everyone ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight

Ive seen a few here in Ky carrying open. I thanked a guy one time for being armed and ready to defend himself and everyone in the store. He seemed to appreciate the gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by tcon67 View Post
    Ive seen a few here in Ky carrying open. I thanked a guy one time for being armed and ready to defend himself and everyone in the store. He seemed to appreciate the gesture.
    Why would you assume that he was willing or able to defend anyone besides himself? Each person is responsible for their own safety. I carry a gun for my own safety. Not because I want to be a guardian of society in general. I'm not one of the fabled "Sheepdogs" often mentioned in these forums. The other people in the store need to be ready to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    Why would you assume that he was willing or able to defend anyone besides himself? Each person is responsible for their own safety. I carry a gun for my own safety. Not because I want to be a guardian of society in general. I'm not one of the fabled "Sheepdogs" often mentioned in these forums. The other people in the store need to be ready to defend themselves.
    It was only after a short conversation with him that I understood what he was willing to do. I didnt assume anything, I am always ready to defend myself and others. Here in Ky. the laws are such that you can protect yourself and others without much worry of prosecution in defense situations. Why would you take such a selfish view of things when others, including children may have their life depending on what you do if you were to be the only one armed and prepared to stop a bad guy. When you carry a weapon, you carry a TREMENDOUS responsibility with it.
    Last edited by tcon67; September 26th, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links