Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight

This is a discussion on Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at Olive Garden tonight and there was a older gentleman there open carrying a 1911 with 2 spare mags. I don't see many ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight

Distinguished Member

Spotted my 2nd Open Carrier Tonight

I was at Olive Garden tonight and there was a older gentleman there open carrying a 1911 with 2 spare mags.

I don't see many people in my area OCing, he is only the second person that I have seen OCing. So when I see someone OCing I find myself staring at his gun like it's an old muscle car, especially when it's a nice 1911.

2. Remove Ads

Same, I always find my self staring at their piece lol
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Its nice to see people out OC'ing and the public not freaking out. I see quite a few people OC'ing in my area.

Until recently, every time I see someone OC'ing, I've assumed they were LEO for sure. Remarkable how that changed once I realized it was legal here in Ohio, and I mean that in a positive way to be sure.

I have not seen a single one in Indiana yet and i have been here a year now. (Good Lord, Help me) but I would see open carriers quite often in West Tennessee where we lived. It was common and no one freaked out at all. I miss that a lot. of course I miss everything about West Tennessee.
    GoBigOrange likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    With regards to OC, like the man once said, "We have nothing to fear except fear itself."
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Here's a sign I've spent too much time on the forums; I saw a guy OCing as I was leaving the Lowes parking lot, Glock in a safari land and a badge clipped to the belt walking with his son. My first thought "oh hey an OC'er", second thought "He's got a badge so he must be a cop and it doesn't count", my third thought "well there are those guys on the internet that sell all those CCW badges so it might count as OC"; thought number 4 was I need to spend less time on computers.

Glock Certified Armorer

Can I legally OC in Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrown75 View Post
    Can I legally OC in Indiana?
    You LIVE in Indiana, and you should be/better be familiar with your state's laws.
    Search in here... Concealed Carry Permit Information By State
    wmhawth and TN_Mike like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    Here's a sign I've spent too much time on the forums; I saw a guy OCing as I was leaving the Lowes parking lot, Glock in a safari land and a badge clipped to the belt walking with his son. My first thought "oh hey an OC'er", second thought "He's got a badge so he must be a cop and it doesn't count", my third thought "well there are those guys on the internet that sell all those CCW badges so it might count as OC"; thought number 4 was I need to spend less time on computers.
    LOL

thought number 5 - I need to spend some time at the range this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You LIVE in Indiana, and you should be/better be familiar with your state's laws.
    Search in here... Concealed Carry Permit Information By State
    en

thanks for the useful link. I could have done without the patronization. Ive never thought about OC'ing.

It's really not patronizing. Choosing to carry a firearm is a serious one that should cause everyone who's considering to do so to familiarize themselves with the law in their state. The purpose is to keep yourself out of trouble from accidently violating the law. That, and you know what you can, or cannot, do when a situation occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I was at Olive Garden tonight and there was a older gentleman there open carrying a 1911 with 2 spare mags.

I don't see many people in my area OCing, he is only the second person that I have seen OCing. So when I see someone OCing I find myself staring at his gun like it's an old muscle car, especially when it's a nice 1911.
    What? You didn't scream GUN! and run for the hills.

It's been awhile since I've seen anyone carrying here in my hometown, will probably be even longer until I attempt it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I think if Missouri passed an open carry law, I would still carry concealed. I don't want to advertise my state of preparedness. It gives the bad guys one more piece of information that they don't really need.

Quote Originally Posted by SobaLosa View Post
    I think if Missouri passed an open carry law, I would still carry concealed. I don't want to advertise my state of preparedness. It gives the bad guys one more piece of information that they don't really need.
    I appreciate your way of thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links