Arrested Cali OCer trumps LEOs on related 5th Amendment violation

This is a discussion on Arrested Cali OCer trumps LEOs on related 5th Amendment violation within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would my DefensiveCarry membership card be good enough for you?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Arrested Cali OCer trumps LEOs on related 5th Amendment violation

VIP Member
    Would my DefensiveCarry membership card be good enough for you?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Would my DefensiveCarry membership card be good enough for you?
    That would actually be a good way to have handled it.

Open carry is not legal here in Florida.. but if a cop asked for my ID due to me having a gun, I'd hand him my CCW. There would be no reason for him to get my Driver's License.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjodr View Post
    That would actually be a good way to have handled it.

Open carry is not legal here in Florida.. but if a cop asked for my ID due to me having a gun, I'd hand him my CCW. There would be no reason for him to get my Driver's License.
    Florida Statute says you will hand him your CCW AND valid ID. While that does not necessarily mean Drivers license it most certainly requires more than just the presentation of your CCW permit.

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of 5 years from the date of issuance. Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01. The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.

(2) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall issue a license if the applicant:

Does a sash with your initials on it qualify ?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Florida Statute says you will hand him your CCW AND valid ID. While that does not necessarily mean Drivers license it most certainly requires more than just the presentation of your CCW permit.
    That was one part I didn't know.. thanks.. I have a habit of going out with my driver's license if I am not driving.

Ahh, well.. Montana is in my sights.
    Coming soon to a Montana near you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links