Argument for Open carry - Page 7

Argument for Open carry

This is a discussion on Argument for Open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spidey2011 Please provide an incident where a citizen OC'ing was targeted because of their gun during a robbery. I am unaware of ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 106
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Argument for Open carry

  1. #91
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Please provide an incident where a citizen OC'ing was targeted because of their gun during a robbery. I am unaware of ANY such incidents. This is just a typical "what if" argument used to justify the anti-OC stance. We can "what if" all day long, but it means nothing in the real world.
    Here you go..

    Robber takes gun from man wearing holster - JSOnline
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......


  2. #92
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,926
    Hard to believe.I carry both ways, open or CC.To some I should live in fear of my life.Give it a rest.Next lets talk about whats best the 45 or 9mm, maybe the 40S&W or 10mm?Don't forget Glock or the 1911's.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  3. #93
    VIP Member
    Array tacman605's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas/On the X in Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,053
    Thanks Harryball knew there was one out there somewhere.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

  4. #94
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Thanks Harryball knew there was one out there somewhere.
    No problem..IMO, if more people start to OC, those type of things will happen more often.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  5. #95
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    No problem..IMO, if more people start to OC, those type of things will happen more often.
    Come to Arizona, we do it here all the time.No big thing.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  6. #96
    VIP Member Array SpencerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bliss, Texas/Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Come to Arizona, we do it here all the time.No big thing.
    I know I see it everywhere. I used to OC before my permit came in, now I like concealing better. I like the element of surprise.

  7. #97
    VIP Member
    Array tacman605's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas/On the X in Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,053
    SatCong/SpencerB you bring up a good points and I am asking this because I don't know. Since you both live there, Has Arizona always be an OC state? If not when did they start? Is there an actual law that governs it?

    Is there any place that you can't OC as opposed to CC?

    If you guys have always been OC maybe that is why no one thinks anything of it. LE I am assuming don't bother you there. Fill me in please.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

  8. #98
    VIP Member Array SpencerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bliss, Texas/Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    4,363
    As far as I know Arizona has always been an OC state.

    OpenCarry.org - State Information For Arizona

  9. #99
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Come to Arizona, we do it here all the time.No big thing.
    MI has been an OC state for a long time. You say no big thing, but Ive seen where it has been a big thing....Im not saying that I do not agree with OC, but trouble has been stirred and IMO will continue..

    Ive been proned out for it, so Im pretty sure it can be troublesome.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  10. #100
    VIP Member Array SpencerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bliss, Texas/Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    4,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    MI has been an OC state for a long time. You say no big thing, but Ive seen where it has been a big thing....Im not saying that I do not agree with OC, but trouble has been stirred and IMO will continue..

    Ive been proned out for it, so Im pretty sure it can be troublesome.
    I have never heard of an OC incident in Arizona. I am sure they have happened, but I haven't heard of any recently.

  11. #101
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I have never heard of an OC incident in Arizona. I am sure they have happened, but I haven't heard of any recently.
    Yea, I havent either, but it seems. The more its done the more crap that comes along with it. I do not live in arizona, I have been there. I think the attitudes there are more friendly to OC. In my state, it depends which part of the state you are in. I live in Lansing, and it seems every time the local OC group goes out for one of there meetings, Its on the news, police are involved and so forth.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  12. #102
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Yea, I havent either, but it seems. The more its done the more crap that comes along with it. I do not live in arizona, I have been there. I think the attitudes there are more friendly to OC. In my state, it depends which part of the state you are in. I live in Lansing, and it seems every time the local OC group goes out for one of there meetings, Its on the news, police are involved and so forth.
    Relax, It takes time to train the people, more they see better it gets.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  13. #103
    VIP Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Relax, It takes time to train the people, more they see better it gets.
    You would think. IMO it doesnt. Especially around here. Im not sure what part of AZ your in, but im sure you could come to one of our cities, and enjoy being proned out. At that point Im sure you will be relaxed about OC, and maybe just decide to CC....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

    Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

  14. #104
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You would think. IMO it doesnt. Especially around here. Im not sure what part of AZ your in, but im sure you could come to one of our cities, and enjoy being proned out. At that point Im sure you will be relaxed about OC, and maybe just decide to CC....
    Maybe, I live on the west side of Phoenix. We had a lot of California Libs move here and try to change things.We even go out to a restaurants with 40 to 60 people to eat.All are OC, men and women. You got to get out there and be seen.We are from all walks of life, LEO'S, Doctors and business men, you name them. Yes, it is work, but that's life.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  15. #105
    New Member Array Superbowlcut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Stop Pacific Time
    Posts
    9
    A shotgun out on your shoulders or revolver out on your hip is just too good to give up.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

agruments for reckless management
,
argument against open carry
,
argument against open carry laws
,
argument for open carry
,

arguments for open carry

,
arguments to open carry
,
aroostook county: conceald carry classes
,

open carry argument

,

open carry arguments

,
open carry goes wrong
,
outline for open carry debate
,
the open carry argument
Click on a term to search for related topics.