Argument for Open carry - Page 7

Argument for Open carry

This is a discussion on Argument for Open carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Spidey2011 Please provide an incident where a citizen OC'ing was targeted because of their gun during a robbery. I am unaware of ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Argument for Open carry

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Please provide an incident where a citizen OC'ing was targeted because of their gun during a robbery. I am unaware of ANY such incidents. This is just a typical "what if" argument used to justify the anti-OC stance. We can "what if" all day long, but it means nothing in the real world.
    Here you go..

Robber takes gun from man wearing holster - JSOnline
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Hard to believe.I carry both ways, open or CC.To some I should live in fear of my life.Give it a rest.Next lets talk about whats best the 45 or 9mm, maybe the 40S&W or 10mm?Don't forget Glock or the 1911's.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    Thanks Harryball knew there was one out there somewhere.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Thanks Harryball knew there was one out there somewhere.
    No problem..IMO, if more people start to OC, those type of things will happen more often.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    No problem..IMO, if more people start to OC, those type of things will happen more often.
    Come to Arizona, we do it here all the time.No big thing.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    I know I see it everywhere. I used to OC before my permit came in, now I like concealing better. I like the element of surprise.

VIP Member
    SatCong/SpencerB you bring up a good points and I am asking this because I don't know. Since you both live there, Has Arizona always be an OC state? If not when did they start? Is there an actual law that governs it?

Is there any place that you can't OC as opposed to CC?

If you guys have always been OC maybe that is why no one thinks anything of it. LE I am assuming don't bother you there. Fill me in please.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

As far as I know Arizona has always been an OC state.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Arizona

MI has been an OC state for a long time. You say no big thing, but Ive seen where it has been a big thing....Im not saying that I do not agree with OC, but trouble has been stirred and IMO will continue..

Ive been proned out for it, so Im pretty sure it can be troublesome.

MI has been an OC state for a long time. You say no big thing, but Ive seen where it has been a big thing....Im not saying that I do not agree with OC, but trouble has been stirred and IMO will continue..

Ive been proned out for it, so Im pretty sure it can be troublesome.
    I have never heard of an OC incident in Arizona. I am sure they have happened, but I haven't heard of any recently.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I have never heard of an OC incident in Arizona. I am sure they have happened, but I haven't heard of any recently.
    Yea, I havent either, but it seems. The more its done the more crap that comes along with it. I do not live in arizona, I have been there. I think the attitudes there are more friendly to OC. In my state, it depends which part of the state you are in. I live in Lansing, and it seems every time the local OC group goes out for one of there meetings, Its on the news, police are involved and so forth.

Yea, I havent either, but it seems. The more its done the more crap that comes along with it. I do not live in arizona, I have been there. I think the attitudes there are more friendly to OC. In my state, it depends which part of the state you are in. I live in Lansing, and it seems every time the local OC group goes out for one of there meetings, Its on the news, police are involved and so forth.
    Relax, It takes time to train the people, more they see better it gets.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Relax, It takes time to train the people, more they see better it gets.
    You would think. IMO it doesnt. Especially around here. Im not sure what part of AZ your in, but im sure you could come to one of our cities, and enjoy being proned out. At that point Im sure you will be relaxed about OC, and maybe just decide to CC....

You would think. IMO it doesnt. Especially around here. Im not sure what part of AZ your in, but im sure you could come to one of our cities, and enjoy being proned out. At that point Im sure you will be relaxed about OC, and maybe just decide to CC....
    Maybe, I live on the west side of Phoenix. We had a lot of California Libs move here and try to change things.We even go out to a restaurants with 40 to 60 people to eat.All are OC, men and women. You got to get out there and be seen.We are from all walks of life, LEO'S, Doctors and business men, you name them. Yes, it is work, but that's life.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

A shotgun out on your shoulders or revolver out on your hip is just too good to give up.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links