California Assembly Declares that Open Carry is Unnecessary for Buying a Cheeseburger

This is a discussion on California Assembly Declares that Open Carry is Unnecessary for Buying a Cheeseburger within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; According to my list, that's reason number 2,395 why I will never live in California again. I was born there, moved away, came back twice, ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: California Assembly Declares that Open Carry is Unnecessary for Buying a Cheeseburger

According to my list, that's reason number 2,395 why I will never live in California again. I was born there, moved away, came back twice, and now I'm gone for good. Place is beautiful (in spots), but a total disaster from a political or societal perspective. Maybe the long-heralded Big One will shake up that state, but I'm not placing bets.
    Ruger LCP
    KelTec P11
    Ruger P89
    Taurus M380

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Well I guess those idiots at Starbucks last year finally achieved their clearly intended goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinger View Post
    "...openly displaying handguns can startle onlookers, scare children, and incite violence. They said that it sparks phone calls requiring police to monitor the situation, thus wasting valuable law enforcement resources."

I can see this happening if the people are a bunch of sheep, which these legislators in CA appear to think about the People. After all, sheep need the government to control everything, and are so easily spooked.

I agree with retsupt99. Heck, to go a bit further, maybe it's mostly sheep who continue to live in CA..."shear me, shear me, shear me Please"... I feel for those poor souls who don't have a choice but to live there.
    I moved out of Kalifornia a year ago because i could no longer deal with the outrageous taxes, license fees, and rediculous laws. 80% of the people that live in kalifornia are sheep, and the other 20% that arn`t are out numbered by the sheep, so there SOL. The best thing you can do if possible is to move out of Kalifornia and let the sheep have it, at least they will all be in one place. Whats the point of carying a gun if its not loaded ?.

I bet there are 41 families that disagree that a gun was unecessary to buy a cheeseburger when their loved ones were killed and wounded in one of the largest mass murders in history that just so happened to take place in California. Such a shame they don't remember what happened in their own state.

http://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysi...#39;s_Massacre

you guys are so right...can't even wipe our ass without state intervention...taxes and moonbeam...unreal....

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    You can thank all the well meaning open carry "activists" for this piece of legislation. Over the last couple of years the "activists" decided it was time to raise public awareness of open carry in California and held rallys here and there at high profile locations. They did achieve their goal of raising public awareness but look at the result.
    On a related note, believe it or not, it is possible to get a CCW in the state of California and once granted, there are very few carry restrictions as the general public and most politicians don't have groups of people rubbing their nose in it. You get your permit, shut up about it and hope another CCW holder doesn't do something stupid that will draw media attention. It's not a ideal situation but for now it's what works here.
    Folks need to learn to pick their battles and right now with Governor Moonbeam (AKA Jerry Brown) and the liberals controlling everything it was kind of foolish to push the open carry agenda.

Oh...and before anybody says it.....Yea I know, protests and standing up for what's right is the American way....just sayin...make sure you have at least a slim chance of success before you go "all in".
    I knew this was coming. Blame the law abiding citizens. Now if you want to carry, at least in LA county, you'll have to do it illegally, cuz you'll never get a permit there. (Note: I do not recommend carrying illegally)
    California was going to roll this way regardless of the open carry events or not. The state is controlled by scared, plastic ninnies. I spent 9 yrs of my life there.
    Good luck w/ your cheeseburger!!!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Boycot California. Seems like a beautiful and wonderful place but a horrible gun law state... don't go there, and don't spend money there. And if you live there I'm sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well then, we should also require police officers to disarm when going into a donut shop...I'm just sayin'...
    Why anyone would continue living in CA is beyond my rational thinking. These kommiefornia legislators are absolute 'fruit loops'.
    It is the populace of the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia who keep voting in the kommiefornia legislators, so it is increasingly hard fore me to have pity on them for all the abuse they heap upon themselves. Really is at the point that Californians need to quit whining DO SOMETHING about it or roll over and lick em.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links