Some help with Colorado, please?

This is a discussion on Some help with Colorado, please? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GvdM My point is when you need a permit, then it is not a right, it is permission. I agree, constitutionally it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some help with Colorado, please?

Quote Originally Posted by GvdM View Post
    My point is when you need a permit, then it is not a right, it is permission. I agree, constitutionally it is a right, but in practice it is not except in Vermont, Arizona, Alaska and soon to be Wyoming.. Otherwise if you need a permit it is then you are then permitted by the governing body, you cannot call that exercising your right.....

If you do not believe me try cc'ing in Denver without a permit and see what happens to your rights.
    Coupled with "Ignorance of the law is no excuse".,. Expensive lesson in "Rights" and "Who's really in power" regardless of CC or OC no matter which jurisdiction you are in.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

I'm planning a family vacation to Colorado in July, and to cover myself, I sent e-mails to the AG offices of each state we'll be passing through including CO asking if they would honor my Iowa permit, and if so, what section of their code do I need to read before proceeding. I quickly received friendly e-mails back from CO's and NE's AG offices saying they did honor my permit, and I printed them out (along with the appropriate portion of each state's code) to take with me just in case.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Clarification requested on transportation of a firearm

I have been trying to educate myself on the off limits places and discovered this sentence on the Colorado State Patrol website. It is the first question on that site.

Basically it states that a person. is allowed to possess a loaded firearm in a vehicle and in a hotel room. However it also states that it is not allowed to transport a firearm from your vehicle to the hotel room on or about your person. That is very strange Can someone clarify that for me? All comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry to hijack someone's thread but was unable to start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewaddy
    Basically it states that a person. is allowed to possess a loaded firearm in a vehicle and in a hotel room. However it also states that it is not allowed to transport a firearm from your vehicle to the hotel room on or about your person. That is very strange Can someone clarify that for me? All comments are appreciated. Thank you.
    You forgot "concealed". Insert between "room" and "on".
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

You need to know the difference between constructive possesion and on or about. Basically in your luggage unloaded in constructive possesion and is therefore legal without a permit i.e. checkin luggage at the airport. In your pocket unloaded or loaded would be on or about your person. In a jacket hung over your arm is on or about your person because it's a garmet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links