How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

This is a discussion on How about a shirt that says you are carrying? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Adric, I have bad news for you; people will disagree with you now and then anywhere in life, and as you gradually wreck your credibility ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 129
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

  1. #61
    Member Array Snider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    192
    Adric, I have bad news for you; people will disagree with you now and then anywhere in life, and as you gradually wreck your credibility with any community by posting a long string of illogical and heavily frowned upon practices, it comes back to bite you more and more. I've been told I did some stupid things here on this forum, and my ears burned when I read it. But it's true, I did some stupid things, and had some bad ideas, and I've been trying to get over my own ego and pride so I can learn from the experienced, well trained, well read, smart and wise folks here on DC.

    I submit that you might consider adopting my approach, rather than casting yourself into the fray repeatedly with counterintuitive ideas that are widely considered unwise by a vast majority of this (and many other) community.
    JD, Bark'n, AZ Hawk and 1 others like this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,719




    I've havent got much to say on the original topic that hasn't already been said. But, the OP's avatar is evidence enough of experience and training level. Those who are at least reasonably trained will know exactly what I'm talking about. Other than that, I'm not wasting any more time here.

    MotorCityGun likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  4. #63
    VIP Member
    Array Saber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona
    Posts
    2,591
    I think shirts like this in public are silly. OC with a mullet comes to mind.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

  5. #64
    Senior Member Array RemMod597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    behind you...
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

    I've havent got much to say on the original topic that hasn't already been said. But, the OP's avatar is evidence enough of experience and training level. Those who are at least reasonably trained will know exactly what I'm talking about. Other than that, I'm not wasting any more time here.
    LOL, yeah, that picture speaks a thousand words!


    The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

  6. #65
    Senior Member Array adric22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    LOL, yeah, that picture speaks a thousand words!
    If you are making fun of my posture... make fun all you want. I've had plenty of other people tell me I am not holding the gun right, etc.. Well, I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone else. Lets have a little competition and see who does better. If you can shoot more accurately than me, I'll listen to your criticism. So far, nobody has been able to do it. Now if you can find some reason that what I do is unsafe, then fine, I'll listen.

    It sort of goes back to the whole issue of people saying I need "more training." which I hear a lot on this place. If you have some legitimate, logical reason for saying that, I'll be happy to listen. If you are just saying it because you are trying to insult me, I'm going to shrug it off.

    Years ago, doctors were trained to use leeches on people. Does that mean it was the best practice? No. When I was in elementary school, my math teacher complained that I didn't do my subtraction and long division right because I didn't write the numbers out the way she told me. I could do it better in my head, I found the "proper way" to be distracting. But I continually got the answers right so she finally left me alone once she was convinced I wasn't cheating. When I took a class on programming I was constantly told I wasn't doing things right by my teacher, yet my code was 100 times faster and smaller than all of my classmates.

    I could go on and on and on. The point is, personal experience and finding "what works" is more important to me than training. I'm not being arrogant, or at least not trying to be. You'll find that I'm a very open-minded person and when somebody approaches me with constructive criticism and logic on any subject matter, I always listen. But when people just make remarks like this without any logic, then don't be surprised if I don't take your remarks to heart.

  7. #66
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,719
    Nobody is making fun; its just the same old arguments and logic every other noob has used since firearms have been around. Getting defensive and all worked up only proves the point we all are making. We've all been there and done that. Defend the indefensible, thats fine, I really don't care. Take constructive criticism and try some new stuff; you might surprise yourself. Although you are certainly welcome to hang out here and learn, guys like you typical won't last long. They take their ball and go to a less serious forum where they can pretend to be the American badass with little or no challenge to their thought process. We all prefer to actually learn and be proactive. "State required" training is a joke. I've yet to see a required CCW course that is actual training.

    As for the posture thing; You might be able to do OK shooting static paper targets. A chimp can do that while balancing on a beach ball. Try that goofy stance while actually combat shooting and you'll have your lunch eaten every time. Ask any football coach if that would work for his players. He will know why. Ask anyone who has had any decent combat pistol shooting training or experience. Ask anyone who has been in a fight outside of grade school. They know why. But go ahead. Where your t shirt and carry your empty gun. Meanwhile, the BG needs nothing more than a good stiff arm to knock you on your ass and take your milk money... and your goofy shirt... and your empty gun.
    JDE101, GunnyBunny, JD and 8 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  8. #67
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I could go on and on and on. The point is, personal experience and finding "what works" is more important to me than training. I'm not being arrogant, or at least not trying to be. You'll find that I'm a very open-minded person and when somebody approaches me with constructive criticism and logic on any subject matter, I always listen. But when people just make remarks like this without any logic, then don't be surprised if I don't take your remarks to heart.
    Doing math your way or writing computer code your way is a HECK of a lot different then carrying a defensive handgun your way. In the first two examples, sure you might fail a test if you're wrong or write a code that doesn't work but if you don't know what you're doing in regards to carry and law (THE RIGHT WAY) then you could end up getting yourself or someone else killed and/or end up in prison.. not just jail.. prison.. for a long time.. as a felon.

    It's pretty important to get this one right.

    You said you are open minded and willing to learn.. GREAT! You HAVE been given a lot of constructive criticism on this forum (and, yeah, some not-so-constructive). So, now would be a great time to step back from the criticism and welcome you to show us what you have learned.

    Is there anything that you have read here that has influenced you and your ideas or practices that you've decided you will change based on the experienced individuals' opinions that they have tried to share with you?

  9. #68
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Have an open mind, accept criticism. I learned something early on in my hard headed, prideful career..... there is always someone better and always someone who knows more. Shutup and listen. You might learn something. I still learn things every day and if I had been this resistant to change and guidance I might have not had people wanting to mentor and guide me.

  10. #69
    Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,786
    Adric, I'll take that challenge. For the record what Lima said is dead on, she knows what she is talking about. I read a few posts on here that were a little flamish, but they were all constructive as well.

    Have I been flamed on here? Sure I have, but I had usually done or said something stupid to deserve it. Just because you have a gun does not make you a super hero. It's not cool, its not the way to make yourself known to your buddies, its not something you flash around. Not saying you are, but come on man, wearing a T-shirt to advertise you have a gun?! I understand open carry, I do open carry on occasion, but come on. Just get it over with and wear a CCW sash around 24/7. To wear a shirt because its cool is one thing, I personally think the shirt you picked out is cool, and would not mind wearing one around, but to use a shirt as a "Stop I have a CCW AND A GUN!" banner is stupid and immature.

    To answer some of your other questions, guy beating my family with a bat, gets two to the chest and one to the head. His first warning will be the first round hitting his chest. I catch someone in my house, they get two to the chest and one to the head. My home is my castle, my family is my life, I will defend those with lethal force and not mess around with a warning shot that could injure someone else. They choose not to believe your gun is real, not your problem, let em come to attack you then shoot them.

    The mere fact that you carry unchambered tells me you don't trust your weapon enough to use it, your stance and the fact of carrying unchambered tells me the course you took must have been NRA safety approved and a basic pistol course. Take some force on force, take some defensive pistol courses and if the instructor tells you carrying an unchambered weapon is a valid option I will buy your next pistol for you as a gift. In order to redeem on this I need the instructors name and phone number.
    GunnyBunny likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

  11. #70
    VIP Member Array JDE101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,479
    After reading all the posts, an old saying comes to mind: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". Same with some people, they feel they are right, and won't listen to any other point of view, even from the most knowledgeable and experienced individuals around. Kinda reminds me of my second ex-wife! I'm 69 years old and have been shooting all my life, but I don't know everything and learn something new on this forum almost daily. I'm outa here! On to another thread!

    Oh, BTW, I believe in being the "grey man" most of the time, carry chambered, don't believe in warning shots, and will only pull out my pistol in the gravest of situations and will then shoot to stop the theat.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

  12. #71
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    There's an old saying which goes... "If someone don't know something, then they don't even know that they don't know it."

    Considering what people are speaking about regarding a lack of training, if you've never been exposed to information regarding any given topic, than you don't even know that you are missing out on the knowledge you haven't been exposed to. So a person goes around thinking that their limited knowledge is all there is to know on the subject.

    Makes a person feel pretty smart to thyself, though. Kind of a legend in their own mind, so to speak.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  13. #72
    VIP Member Array JDE101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    There's an old saying which goes... "If someone don't know something, then they don't even know that they don't know it."

    Considering what people are speaking about regarding a lack of training, if you've never been exposed to information regarding any given topic, than you don't even know that you are missing out on the knowledge you haven't been exposed to. So a person goes around thinking that their limited knowledge is all there is to know on the subject.

    Makes a person feel pretty smart to thyself, though. Kind of a legend in their own mind, so to speak.
    A long time ago as an undergrad, I minored in Philosophy. Thought I'd get some answers. Only got more questions! By the time I finished grad school, I realized how little I knew and how much more there was to learn. Also, that I didn't even have a clue as to what all the questions were, let alone the answers!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

  14. #73
    Senior Member Array adric22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Is there anything that you have read here that has influenced you and your ideas or practices that you've decided you will change based on the experienced individuals' opinions that they have tried to share with you?
    Well, good question, lets examine that.
    1. I was told to carry chambered by many folks (and privately PM'ed by some others agreeing that I should not) but I was almost convinced to start carrying chambered until the "incident" this weekend and decided I'd stay with unchambered. Now, if I had a different gun besides a Glock, which had a safety or the ability to decock the hammer, then I might reconsider.
    2. As for the "incident" this weekend that I was crucified over, I had already admitted that was a mistake when I posted it. But instead of people agreeing with me about my admitted mistake, I was nailed to the cross and called a criminal. So there was no advice here to take.
    3. In regards to my post about buying a gift, I've decided to listen to the advice given and not do it, at least without a lot more feedback from my cousin.
    4. In regards to the T-shirt saying "I have a gun", I've decided that probably isn't a good idea either. (but I still like my Glock shirt)
    5. In regards to warning shots, I think we came to an understanding that this is not something I would normally recommend, but still suggest that there is a freak 1 in a 1,000 chance that it may be necessary.
    6. In regards to be crucified over saying I would shoot somebody who breaks into my house at night without asking questions, I have not changed my position on that. Despite being told I was a criminal, I stand by the law in my state that gives me the right to do this.
    7. In regards to the .22 caliber issue. I've made it clear that I carry a Glock (which is not chambered in .22) but on rare occasion (maybe once every 2 months), I will carry a .22. I have made it clear that I believe the larger calibers are better and do not argue that a .22 makes the best defense weapon. But I do argue that it is a weapon that "can" be used and "can" be effective. For some reason when I post those types of things, people assume I advocate that everyone should carry a .22 when in fact that is not what I am saying. so I haven't changed my position, I just believe people mis-interpret my position on the matter, much like the warning shot.


    So yes, there are some things that I have been influenced on by people here. Others, not so much. I have many friends and family who are also CHL and one friend of mine is actually in the US special forces, although he is not currently active. He actually taught me how to shoot more accurately, although he never mentioned my posture, but did help me a lot on grip and trigger pull. Obviously I am not beyond listening to people or I would have never achieved the proficiency I have.

  15. #74
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Oh, BTW, I believe in being the "grey man" most of the time, carry chambered, don't believe in warning shots, and will only pull out my pistol in the gravest of situations and will then shoot to stop the theat.
    Words of wisdom right there... I don't care who you are!
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  16. #75
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    [*]I was told to carry chambered by many folks (and privately PM'ed by some others agreeing that I should not) but I was almost convinced to start carrying chambered until the "incident" this weekend and decided I'd stay with unchambered. Now, if I had a different gun besides a Glock, which had a safety or the ability to decock the hammer, then I might reconsider.
    One word... Revolver.

    Highly recommend it. I carried Glocks and other auto loaders for years and now I'm firmly in the revolver camp... IMO, it's the quintessential concealed carry tool. Sure it's only five, or six rounds, but I'd say, it's five, or six for sure and it's always chambered and ready for action.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

glock gun logo
,
glock logo
,
glock logo shirt
,

glock shirt

,

glock shirts

,

glock t shirt

,

glock t shirts

,
glock t-shirt
,
glock t-shirts
,
glock tshirt
,
glock tshirts
,

rock out with your glock out shirt

Click on a term to search for related topics.