How about a shirt that says you are carrying? - Page 7

How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

This is a discussion on How about a shirt that says you are carrying? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Snider Adric, I have bad news for you; people will disagree with you now and then anywhere in life, and as you ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Snider View Post
    Adric, I have bad news for you; people will disagree with you now and then anywhere in life, and as you gradually wreck your credibility with any community by posting a long string of illogical and heavily frowned upon practices, it comes back to bite you more and more. I've been told I did some stupid things here on this forum, and my ears burned when I read it. But it's true, I did some stupid things, and had some bad ideas, and I've been trying to get over my own ego and pride so I can learn from the experienced, well trained, well read, smart and wise folks here on DC.

I submit that you might consider adopting my approach, rather than casting yourself into the fray repeatedly with counterintuitive ideas that are widely considered unwise by a vast majority of this (and many other) community.
    Excellent post!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    adric22, you and your wife should look into taking some force on force classes. This may change your outlook on self defense and allow you to experience a little adrenaline rush and defend yourself in real time using airsoft weapons so you can try out your hypothesis on defending yourself first hand and see what works and doesn't work.

here are a couple options near you:

June 25-26, 2011 - Zero To Five Feet - Pistol Gunfighting - Orange, TX

July 16-17, 2011 - Zero To Five Feet - Pistol Gunfighting - Liberty Hill, TX

September 22-23, 2011 - Zero To Five Feet - Pistol Gunfighting - Houston, TX
    This. ^^
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

No shooting range I've ever been to will allow people to practice drawing.
    Then you haven't had training that is adequate, and your opinions are therefore at best less than sufficiently informed.

Not trying to harsh on you, dude, but you don't know what you don't know. Everyone that does know once did not. Seven pages of posts trying to show you the light. Speak less, listen more and go pay for quality training instead of trying to use your limited experience and square range rules to figure out what you would do in a situation that you are, frankly, not prepared to survive.
    TVJ, SIGguy229, SIXTO and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    IDPA Club Map: TEXAS, find a club, start attending matches. You will get lots of draw/fire practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by boss mustang View Post
    Winchester range on Lancaster holds IDPA matches every Thursday night at 6:00 PM. You will repeatedly draw from concealment and fire more rapidly that 1 round every 2 seconds. You also may learn what you don't know about defensive shooting.
    Adric22, these are some great ideas. Recently, I've been getting more interested in doing IDPA. Since we're both in the DFW area, maybe we can hook up and check it out together. PM me if you want to go some time.
    357and40 likes this.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Adric, I commend you for not just quitting and changing sites. You have taken some grief and respond responsibly for the most part. You choose to carry and and know your not comfortable carrying with a round chambered at least you manned up and admited that. Everyone asks "stupid" questions when they first join.

Sometimes even dumb questions can lead to better things such as gruntingfrogs invite to step up your level of training. I think you should take him up on that.

I hope you stick around and continue to further your knowledge on the defensive carry aspects of life its funny what we learn as time passes and I continue to learn daily.

1. As for the shirts not my cup of tea, but to each thier own. I bet I wear things people don't like either

2. Warning shots I believe in the never say never (granted mine have never been with humans only neighbors dogs etc.)

3. Carrying chambered can be unnerving at first but with time and the right holster it seems pointless to not be chambered (if your fingers not on the trigger it won't go off)

4. Posture (never hurts to try new things and mix it up)

5. In regards to your challenge on people shooting better etc. (Never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be thrown)

Welcome to the forum I hope you gain knowledge and are able to eventually pass that down to others over the years this is the best "gun" forum around
    357and40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    So let me get this straight... If somebody didn't think your gun was real, you'd just shoot them to prove it? And if there is a fight going on in a crowded place and your family is being beaten (or about to be beaten) with a baseball bat, you'd just go ahead and shoot the guy rather than let him know he has a chance to stop and live? And to think I was once told I was a criminal on this forum because I would shoot an home invader in the middle of the night without stopping to ask why he was invading my home. if this isn't hypocritical, I don't know what is.

And I carry a 9mm, by the way, and yes I carry it unchambered.

You know, just because we have different opinions on things does not indicate that I "require training."
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Um...Adric...you know, calling out senior mods and being defensive is a great way to get yourself in hot water. You might want to self-moderate a bit here amigo.
    Nothing wrong with disagreeing with a person or calling them out when needed. Mod or not, who cares? Like the Police and the Govt....There not special. BUT in this case I'm with Lima, not cuz she's a mod but because she's right! I think training in how to carry a gun correctly (let's not get that argument going) and a little common sense training is a good thing. I'm all for Pro-Gun attention. and making a statement as long as It's not the kind that makes gun owners look like the idiots that the Anti's already think we are. I wear Range Hoodies and I've got a GSSF shirt, which I don't think is bad attention. I think the shirt above is a little much, kinda stupid but we can't preach the 2nd, while stomping on the 1st!

I have learned my lessons here too. That's why after reading all of this thread , I re read the forum rules and have opted to refrain from any comments here, based on the fact that what I really, really, really want to say will only give me more infraction points. Thank you, and good day.:)
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I can't believe I read this whole thread!

I am a proponent of OC. Well, what I'm really a proponent for is "carry" CHOICE!

I have carried "open" and "concealed". The combined years of my real life, "street" experience has really taught me that there are times when both methods OC and CC are warranted.

But, whether OC or CC, situational awareness is the most important thing to pay attention to!

-AND-

Unless you are doing some sort of security operation where the SOP is to stand out and be seen, being the GRAY-man is ALWAYS the BEST thing you can do for personal safety.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Oh, BTW, I believe in being the "grey man" most of the time, carry chambered, don't believe in warning shots, and will only pull out my pistol in the gravest of situations and will then shoot to stop the theat.
    Plus 1+

Wait....

Rock out with your Glock off? What the heck does that mean?
    limatunes likes this.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Wait....

Rock out with your Glock off? What the heck does that mean?
    It is a play on a very popular, yet crude phrase. Without literally linking to an example, and getting myself banned or something horrid, this is about the best I can do.

Here go, dont shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by Snider View Post
    It is a play on a very popular, yet crude phrase. Without literally linking to an example, and getting myself banned or something horrid, this is about the best I can do.

Here go, dont shoot the messenger!

I know what the original saying is but why with your glock off? Wouldn't it be glock out?

If I saw you wearing that glock shirt I would think the same of you as the guy who wears the "I'm with stupid" ------> shirt
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

adric22, look what you have done on this thread.... I'm agreeing with azchevy

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Have an open mind, accept criticism. I learned something early on in my hard headed, prideful career..... there is always someone better and always someone who knows more. Shutup and listen. You might learn something. I still learn things every day and if I had been this resistant to change and guidance I might have not had people wanting to mentor and guide me.
    As far as your OP goes; there are better ways for one to let a BG know not to confront you, or let him/her know you are not an easy target.

Walk with long strides, your head up and shoulders back. Look everyone (briefly) in the eyes and acknowledge their presence. When talked too be polite, but with confidence. Do the little things right; if someone asks for the time, keep your eyes up and bring your watch to eye level. If you're smoking and someone asks "can I bum a smoke?" tell him you're out and had to 'bum' the one you have, but he can have the rest (this ended what was quickly becoming an ugly situation for me involving 4 large drunken men in a Flagstaff bar's bathroom).

That being said; I like t-shirts.... I wear a "hippies Smell" and a "Meat is Murder. Tasty, Tasty Murder" a "Pro War" and a "Reagan Conservative" tee's. Now that's me

Good luck, JMHO
    Last edited by rhinokrk; June 14th, 2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    I know what the original saying is but why with your glock off? Wouldn't it be glock out?

If I saw you wearing that glock shirt I would think the same of you as the guy who wears the "I'm with stupid" ------> shirt
    Oh, agreed... That doesn't make much sense to me either. I assumed you'd mistyped the "off" at the end. Seems like a dumb phrase to put on the shirt to me.

Just a follow up to the original post. I was browsing through google images today and came across this picture (may need to click to enlarge):

Texas_CHL_Zazzle_Tshirt_Photo_031810.jpg

So I guess I wasn't the first person to think of this idea.

Hitler also wasn't the first person to attempt genocide. Just because the idea has been around doesn't make it a good one.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links