How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

This is a discussion on How about a shirt that says you are carrying? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by adric22 I guess it is all relative. I am active on at least 10 other forums on the Internet related to computers, ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I guess it is all relative. I am active on at least 10 other forums on the Internet related to computers, cars, etc. I have never experienced what I experience on here. Also - I have received PM's from 3 different users on this forum telling me that they too have been attacked for posting similar ideas and so they just gave up and don't post about those topics anymore. So I can't be alone, I'm just the only person who sticks around to defend myself. I would mention their names, but I assume they wanted to remain anonymous or they would not have sent me a PM.
    This forum is a little different then a computer forum or car forum. We talk about real life or death scenarios and the best way to go about dealing with these scenarios. There are LEOs, Military, even professional firearms instructors on this site with a vast amount of knowledge. You are not getting personally attacked, you just have the privilidge of hearing a lot of very good opinions and answers to your questions. Don't take it as a personal attack, these are people trying to help you that have way more experience in the self defense world then you do.
    JDE101 and bigdog44 like this.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    I think I'll stick with my tactical-ninja beanie.

Regardless of who came up with it first, I still think it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    "meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder"
    hell yes!!!!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I haven't read all the posts, but FWIW I always try to be armed, I always try to be the grey man.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Why in "the wide wide world of sports" would I advertise that I am carrying a weapon for self defense??? The element of surprise and the fact that I don't look like someone who would be able to defend myself are a benefit to me. If I am going to be approached by a criminal...I don't want him to alter his tactics based on MY having a gun. Keep them guessing. Let him think I am some sweet helpless Nana. It may be the last HUGE mistake he ever makes.
    wmhawth and 357and40 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

So I guess I wasn't the first person to think of this idea.
    Come to think of it, I've never seen a single rider on the short bus. You may be on to something there.
    Bark'n likes this.

Just a follow up to the original post. I was browsing through google images today and came across this picture (may need to click to enlarge):

Attachment 51883

So I guess I wasn't the first person to think of this idea.
    I am also carrying $750 in my right front pocket and I have an attractive wife who works at night and must leave in a dimly lit parking lot at 555 main st.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

I would be as likely to wear a shirt like that, as I would have been to wear a shirt that said, "I am a cop." Not even on my last day.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I think it would be easier to wear a shirt that says "Bad Guys, Shoot me first!"
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thumbs up Concealment

Wearing any type of info that advertises you are carrying a weapon, just makes you more of a target, to those around you ..... good or bad.
    bigdog44 likes this.

Cool

Then again you could just wear one of these.

Shooting Target T Shirts from Zazzle.com
    bigdog44 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Why in "the wide wide world of sports" would I advertise that I am carrying a weapon for self defense??? The element of surprise and the fact that I don't look like someone who would be able to defend myself are a benefit to me. If I am going to be approached by a criminal...I don't want him to alter his tactics based on MY having a gun. Keep them guessing. Let him think I am some sweet helpless Nana. It may be the last HUGE mistake he ever makes.
    I don't know, why would you do that? Why do some people open-carry their weapon? After all, I posted this in the open-carry section so I figured people reading it would be people who already practice or wish they could practice open-carry. Its the same philosophy, after all.

I don't know, why would you do that? Why do some people open-carry their weapon? After all, I posted this in the open-carry section so I figured people reading it would be people who already practice or wish they could practice open-carry. Its the same philosophy, after all.
    Even when someone decides to OC, ppl don't notice it. I've done it a few times and friends of mine have asked me if I had it on my hip the whole time.

The issue with the shirt is it is in the middle of your chest, where average Joe public usually does not look at your hips (kind of a social faux pas) it is socially acceptable AEB all the clever and funny t-shirts. On the other hand, it has been my experience that the only people looking at my waist line have been: interested in firearms, in law enforcement, interested in me, or I walked past them when they were seated.

So, again in my experience, wearing a shirt that says “I’m carrying” is not the same as going about your everyday business with a pistol on your hip. It’s kind of like saying the beam from a light house is the same philosophy of a candle on the shore….

With all that said, it seems as you have already made up your mind. I gathered from the title of your post that you wanted others opinions, you have them. Why are you continuing to argue? Gun brand shirts have their place on the range, that’s about it. To me it’s like tap out and affliction gear, it belongs in the gym period. That’s my opinion, you asked for it you got it. If you are trying to change the minds of the board members you are not doing a good job.

It’s your life my friend, if you chose to wear the shirt do so in good health! Enjoy your weekend
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

So we aren't allowed to have our guns visible, right?
    Uh. Who is "we", because I sure am allowed. ;)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links