How about a shirt that says you are carrying? - Page 9

How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

This is a discussion on How about a shirt that says you are carrying? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many open carry because they can. Some states allow open carry without a CHL. There are many reasons people open carry. However a minority do ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Many open carry because they can. Some states allow open carry without a CHL. There are many reasons people open carry.

However a minority do it because they think it deters criminals.

I don't understand why you would want to advertise that you are carrying if you are carrying concealed. The whole point of carrying concealed is to keep it concealed. Not to advertise it. I'm sure your local law would appreciate calls they would get if a bunch of people started wearing those...

What if you get into a disagreement with someone and they decide to tell the police you pointed your gun at them? Now you might have to face charges of brandishing... If you where inconspicuous about your carry they might not know you had a gun at all.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Senior Moderator
    I dont need a shirt...anyone that knows me know that I carry.

If you see me...I am carrying.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    I used to wear one of these all the time when working covertly.

Rotflmao
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I used to wear one of these all the time when working covertly.

You're killing me.
    Old School likes this.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I am glad as new as you are to carrying that you have it all figured out like the open chamber guy. Discretion and surprise are your friends. When you put your cards on the table you make it real easy for someone to size you up and gain the advantage. In dealing with criminals and gang members over the years I have found that they use their own form of social hacking to obtain their weapons when they can't be bought off the street. Identifying firearm owners by their clothes or bumper stickers or other things such as NRA stickers or gun racks in vehicles. Following them home or to parking lots, casing their homes or cars, and burglarizing them to obtain the weapons they require.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    Even when someone decides to OC, ppl don't notice it. I've done it a few times and friends of mine have asked me if I had it on my hip the whole time.

The issue with the shirt is it is in the middle of your chest, where average Joe public usually does not look at your hips (kind of a social faux pas) it is socially acceptable AEB all the clever and funny t-shirts. On the other hand, it has been my experience that the only people looking at my waist line have been: interested in firearms, in law enforcement, interested in me, or I walked past them when they were seated.
    I think this has been the most intelligent answer I've received on this entire thread. Finally an answer that actually addresses the original post rather than attack on the whole open-carry/advertising idea.

With all that said, it seems as you have already made up your mind. I gathered from the title of your post that you wanted others opinions, you have them. Why are you continuing to argue? Gun brand shirts have their place on the range, that’s about it. To me it’s like tap out and affliction gear, it belongs in the gym period. That’s my opinion, you asked for it you got it. If you are trying to change the minds of the board members you are not doing a good job.
    Actually, I made up my mind quite some time ago that I would not wear such a shirt nor would I wear one of those CCW badges. I think both are just a little to "in your face" attitude. But I still like wearing my Glock shirt because it is a subtle hint, and on the surface there is no way to tell if I'm just a Glock enthusiast or if I actually have one. This is one of those threads where I should have prefaced the subject with "this is a hypothetical question" because as soon as I posted it, people assumed I wanted to actually do that, even though I have mentioned several times throughout the thread that I didn't want to do it, I just wanted to know how it would be different from open-carry, or if it might substitute for open-carry in states that don't allow it.

Wait.... what?

Aren't we talking about concealing "hiding" something? I don't recall as a kid ever playing hide 'n' go seek and when I was "hiding" under a bed as soon as the seeker said "ready or not, here I come!" that I would start shouting "I'm hiding under the bed, I AM HIDING UNDER THE BED!".

People "conceal" different things for different reasons. I have never heard of a drug dealer with dope to sell in his pocket wearing a shirt that says "Yes, I have dope for sell in my pocket!".

I am also pretty certain the low life 9/11 terrorists did not wear shirts that said "Yes, I am concealing a box cutter on my person!".

Concealed means concealed.

Not only that but I would venture to say that such a shirt would probably land you in hot water and get your license revoked. Just printing enough times or brandishing is bad enough. Wearing something that proclaims "MWAG" will probably get you in trouble. What's the difference between that and walking into a store and screaming "I have a gun!" and lifting your shirt to prove it?

edit: After I posted, I saw your post saying you would not wear a shirt like that. Glad you saw the light.

Also, after re-reading, my terrorist comparission was a bad example. IIRC, they openly carried those in with their bags, but you get my point.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Administrator
    Ok, you made your thread about something your not going to do, but wanted opinions about something that didn't matter to you anyway- well, you got your answers. (way back in post 6.) This ones done
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 16th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links