How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

This is a discussion on How about a shirt that says you are carrying? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So we aren't allowed to have our guns visible, right? Just out of curiosity, if you wanted to advertise it, you could always wear a ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree191Likes

Thread: How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

How about a shirt that says you are carrying?

So we aren't allowed to have our guns visible, right? Just out of curiosity, if you wanted to advertise it, you could always wear a shirt that says "I'm carrying a gun" or something to that effect. I realize that doesn't give you the tactical advantage of the faster draw, or the comfort of carrying openly. But it does address 1 of the 3 advantages of open-carry, which would be deterrence.

Actually, I'm trying to do something sort of similar. I've been buying gun related shirts off of eBay. I got a real nice one yesterday that has the Glock logo and a picture of a Glock. It looks just like this one, but mine is black:

I'm trying to find a few others. The idea is that it sort of screams that you have a hobby of guns. Somebody thinking about robbing you may see that and think "he may be carrying, I'll wait for the next sheep to come by."

2. Remove Ads

Worked out well for this guy, the gun being a deterrent. Maybe he should have fired a warning shot

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4
    TVJ likes this.

VIP Member
    I don't believe that drawing attention to one's self is a good defensive strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Worked out well for this guy, the gun being a deterrent. Maybe he should have fired a warning shot

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint - TODAY'S TMJ4
    This text from the news report says it all: "So it really is a very unusual situation, very unique," Clark said.

This would definitely not be the norm. I would suspect open carry would be far more likely to deter a crime than to start one.

I am glad as new as you are to carrying that you have it all figured out like the open chamber guy. Discretion and surprise are your friends. When you put your cards on the table you make it real easy for someone to size you up and gain the advantage. In dealing with criminals and gang members over the years I have found that they use their own form of social hacking to obtain their weapons when they can't be bought off the street. Identifying firearm owners by their clothes or bumper stickers or other things such as NRA stickers or gun racks in vehicles. Following them home or to parking lots, casing their homes or cars, and burglarizing them to obtain the weapons they require.

Senior Moderator
    So, let me get this straight.. You carry a .22, unchambered, you believe in warning shots for a response to someone accusing you of having a toy gun and/or crowded places where people haven't discovered you are armed yet. If you can't open carry you want to wear a shirt that says, "I'm armed."

??

If you aren't a troll then you have a LOT to learn.

Who taught your CCW class? Because maybe you need to go back for some further training.

Well if you REALLY want them to know you're carrying why not this?

Erick46590 and hienykins like this.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    So, let me get this straight.. You carry a .22, unchambered, you believe in warning shots for a response to someone accusing you of having a toy gun and/or crowded places where people haven't discovered you are armed yet. If you can't open carry you want to wear a shirt that says, "I'm armed."
    So let me get this straight... If somebody didn't think your gun was real, you'd just shoot them to prove it? And if there is a fight going on in a crowded place and your family is being beaten (or about to be beaten) with a baseball bat, you'd just go ahead and shoot the guy rather than let him know he has a chance to stop and live? And to think I was once told I was a criminal on this forum because I would shoot an home invader in the middle of the night without stopping to ask why he was invading my home. if this isn't hypocritical, I don't know what is.

And I carry a 9mm, by the way, and yes I carry it unchambered.

Who taught your CCW class? Because maybe you need to go back for some further training.
    You know, just because we have different opinions on things does not indicate that I "require training."

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Shouldn't the shirt say "Rock Out With Your Glock Out!" Rock out with your Glock off makes no sense...it's Engrish.

As Lima said, the whole concept seems ridiculous.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    So let me get this straight... If somebody didn't think your gun was real, you'd just shoot them to prove it? And if there is a fight going on in a crowded place and your family is being beaten (or about to be beaten) with a baseball bat, you'd just go ahead and shoot the guy rather than let him know he has a chance to stop and live? And to think I was once told I was a criminal on this forum because I would shoot an home invader in the middle of the night without stopping to ask why he was invading my home. if this isn't hypocritical, I don't know what is.

And I carry a 9mm, by the way, and yes I carry it unchambered.

You know, just because we have different opinions on things does not indicate that I "require training."
    Um...Adric...you know, calling out senior mods and being defensive is a great way to get yourself in hot water. You might want to self-moderate a bit here amigo.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Who taught your CCW class? Because maybe you need to go back for some further training
    Can't say it any better than the above quote from post #6. In reading your profile I see you claim to be 35 years old. I'd have guessed much much younger.

And if there is a fight going on in a crowded place and your family is being beaten (or about to be beaten) with a baseball bat, you'd just go ahead and shoot the guy rather than let him know he has a chance to stop and live?
    He would be dropped like yesterdays trash....

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

VIP Member

True, having a different opinion doesn't mean that you're wrong, but it certainly does not provide any assurance that you are right.

That fact is that you do say things that indicate that you need training.

Senior Moderator
    So let me get this straight... If somebody didn't think your gun was real, you'd just shoot them to prove it?
    No, if he stopped long enough to suggest my firearm was not real I would simply repeat my command for him to back off and if he did, great, if he advanced or furthered his attack then, yes, I would shoot him (anyone advancing on someone who has a gun pointed at him means serious harm). I don't have to prove my gun is real or loaded. He needs to stop his attack. It's up to him to decide if he wants to take that risk. I am certainly not going to take my muzzle off of a lethal threat to prove anything to him (my muzzle pointing at him should be proof enough) and I have nothing to prove to him anyway. This is about my life, not about pride or "proof." If he wants to continue his attack he'll get all the proof he needs. I will not debate it with him.

And, no, I'm not going to stand there and debate it with him either. Debate is a common ploy criminals try to use to get closer or distract you. Could you really see a police officer standing there debating whether or not his firearm was loaded? He would give the chance for the suspect to back off and comply with commands or he would shoot the suspect.. he certainly wouldn't fire a warning shot.

And if there is a fight going on in a crowded place and your family is being beaten (or about to be beaten) with a baseball bat, you'd just go ahead and shoot the guy rather than let him know he has a chance to stop and live?
    ABSOLUTELY!! A baseball bat is deadly force and it only takes one swing to kill or seriously injure someone. If someone is swinging a baseball bat at my husband or child they get no chances to stop or warning shots. They get deadly force right back at them.

No differing opinions do not mean more training is required but you, my friend, need some serious lessons in deadly force & when it is acceptable as well as warning shots and if/when they are legal (if at all) just as a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    No differing opinions do not mean more training is required but you, my friend, need some serious lessons in deadly force & when it is acceptable as well as warning shots and if/when they are legal (if at all) just as a starting point.
    Most of the things we discuss on this forum are theoretical at best. I have all of the training required by law, and some extra training on top of that. Which makes me better trained than probably of a lot of the CHL holders out there. The difference is that I am here on the forum discussing things and they are not. By your definition, everybody "needs more training."

I seem to get a lot of personal attacks on this forum. Sometimes I do post things that are controversial. Sometimes it is just an idea I just had, and thought I'd throw it out there and see what people's opinions are. It doesn't mean I plan to do something. After all, it does get old fighting over the same old topics like "which caliber should I use."

I don't know why people can't be more mature and just state their opinion, the reasons for their opinions, and leave it at that. Why do there have to be so many personal attacks?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links