Not sure how I feel about this - Page 3

Not sure how I feel about this

This is a discussion on Not sure how I feel about this within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lets not focus on the gay comparison, it was a comparison and nothing more. Leave it at that....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Not sure how I feel about this

Administrator
    Lets not focus on the gay comparison, it was a comparison and nothing more. Leave it at that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lets not focus on the gay comparison, it was a comparison and nothing more.
    Making fun of gay people and holding them up to ridicule should not be part of this board's culture. We ought to be better than that. Sure, I get the larger point that you're making: Whatever group you're in, there's like to be some "other" that offends you. And OC people risk being that "other," gotcha.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Leave it at that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    It's not right.. but it is what it is.
    I think this one quote sums up this thread (and many other OC threads) nicely. It is what it is. If you go out with a gun OCed on your hip people will notice you. Sometimes that attention will be negative. Only the very, very foolish do not understand this.

Should people OC? Yes, but I think OCing is a choice that most people do not give enough thought to.
    Spidey2011 likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the gun needs to be approached and carried with a lot of what-ifs before during and after.
    and one of the what-ifs may be 'what if i am caring to sooth my ego'
    or demonstrate my resolve, or strength.
    --well before some had seen me around OC'ing but after yesterday there have been changes
    in how we in the community are perceiving one another. the gun on me tells everyone....what Ive though above and....as sixto
    noted, that i have guns. well they already knew but now it is BOLD in the knowing and get even likely in the stealing.

hopefully this blows over, they move or get arrested and move; you move.
    whatever, good luck and think x 3 what-if and what point am i trying to make and more importantly,how will it be perceived by x y and z.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I would have to agree with SIXTO in this case. I am a HUGE proponent of open carry but, in this particular situation, I would have CC'ed the next day. If you KNOW your neighbors are scum bags, don't let them know that you own guns. You may very well come home one day to a kicked in door and missing firearm. Or that scumbag neighbor in your house with your firearm.

However, I do not like the way the police officer handled his interaction with you at all. And I probably would have explained that to him at the time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    Spidey, it was pretty obvious I was being detained, and my weapon was locked in his car. I didn't get the vibe that he would put up with being questioned. I simply went along with the program because that seemed the most painless way to end the encounter. I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong and that I WOULD be walking away with my pistol.

OldVet, the fact that they are dealing drugs is well known, in fact they are being evicted because of it. but believe me thats not an accusation I would make lightly.
    You should file a complaint with the police dept, the officer had no reason to detain you or check you gun. The officer needs reasonable suspicion to believe a crime was commited before he can detain you or check your weapon. Next time refuse the search of your person and the checking of your gun.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    You should file a complaint with the police dept, the officer had no reason to detain you or check you gun. The officer needs reasonable suspicion to believe a crime was commited before he can detain you or check your weapon. Next time refuse the search of your person and the checking of your gun.
    That is some terrible advice, and a good way to get yourself in a lot of trouble. If you feel wronged, deal with it after the fact, not street side.

With that, this thread has come full circle and is closed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links