OC, CC, or combination?

This is a discussion on OC, CC, or combination? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by alachner I believe that all guns are evil and they should be banned from the face of the earth. I carry a ...

View Poll Results: Carry options

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe that only CC should be allowed

6 4.51%
  • I believe that OC should be allowed everywhere in the USA, even if it may affend or scare

99 74.44%
  • I believe that CC is best for urban areas, and OC for more rural areas

26 19.55%
  • I believe that the police and miltary will protect me, so no one should carry

2 1.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: OC, CC, or combination?

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I believe that all guns are evil and they should be banned from the face of the earth. I carry a cell phone with 9-1-1 on speed dial and a photo of Barrack Obama in my back pocket. My SHTF weapon is Mace.

YESSSS!!! Another convert!!! LOL!!!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I believe OC should be legal everywhere though I do think carriers should be mindful as to when OC may not be the most appropriate option.

I believe OC and CC should be equally legal for all states and people should have the right to choose which they want to do based upon their own feelings and beliefs and situations. Carry is carry, in my opinion. Yeah, I think there are times when it's more appropriate to conceal and I think people shouldn't have to worry if they accidentally flash or feel it's appropriate and want to open carry.
    Mrs. Lima pretty well sumed up my view on the whole thing. Common sense and prudent judgement will do more than hard-headed activisim will.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I would love to be able to OC any time I felt like it. I probably wouldn't OC all the time but I would carry that way quite a bit.
    It would be beneficial to my physical limitations to do so.

I currently carry as much to enjoy my right to carry as I do for because of personal protection. The right is whats important to me. If we don't exercise that right and support it vocally and visually it will get restricted away. Like it has been.
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    This here. But sadly OC is not legal at all in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I believe OC should be legal everywhere though I do think carriers should be mindful as to when OC may not be the most appropriate option.

I believe OC and CC should be equally legal for all states and people should have the right to choose which they want to do based upon their own feelings and beliefs and situations. Carry is carry, in my opinion. Yeah, I think there are times when it's more appropriate to conceal and I think people shouldn't have to worry if they accidentally flash or feel it's appropriate and want to open carry.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    This here. But sadly OC is not legal at all in South Carolina.
    Here's hoping one day Brady.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links