Totally hooked!

Totally hooked!

This is a discussion on Totally hooked! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been open carrying for about a month now. I just realized this morning that I am totally hooked. Was getting ready to leave ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Totally hooked!

Totally hooked!

I have been open carrying for about a month now. I just realized this morning that I am totally hooked. Was getting ready to leave for work and looked at my gun, and decided since I was just heading to work and back, not going anywhere after that I would leave it at home this time. I can't carry at work, have to lock it up in the truck. As I was heading out the door I felt so strange, as if I was leaving naked. Had to go back and holster up. I guess I am totaly committed to the cause now, at least for the summer. Be back to CC during Michigan winters.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Welcome from Florida! Good for you, always carry and always be safe.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welcome from Delaware! Anywhere/Anytime.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Yep, carrying is addicting. It's one of the only addictions that can save your life.
    RMS and drkangl6 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Open or concealed, as long as you carry yourself with dignity and show respect, 99% of the people will not question you on it. It the one who have a chip on their shoulder who cause problems for us all. Of course that's true in most things, not only carrying a gun.
    BugDude likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Yep, carrying is addicting. It's one of the only addictions that can save your life.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I feel funny when I can't carry. I'm a good size fella, and I've been in my share of crap, so I have no concerns with being able to handle myself when unarmed but it still feels strange. When I had knee surgery a few months ago and now with a broken foot, I am at a physical disadvantage and feel somewhat more vulnerable. Once you accept the responsibilities that accompany carrying lethal force, it is a double edge sword of reassurance and responsibility. Be smart and be safe.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Open or concealed, as long as you carry yourself with dignity and show respect, 99% of the people will not question you on it. It the one who have a chip on their shoulder who cause problems for us all. Of course that's true in most things, not only carrying a gun.
    All it takes to cause you trouble is that "one" to see you open carrying and they call the police, saying that you threatened them with your gun. It doesn't matter if it was in a parking lot or walking down the street. All that "one" person has to do is make the call and the police will arrest you simply because you're wearing the gun and they received the call (false accusation or not). That's all it takes. Regardless, it will cost you a bundle just going to court, and, trying to get your gun back. The call can be anonymous, it doesn't matter. Just something to think about.

Got into carrying my glock 26 and then when I had to go back to school I felt naked without it. It was a strange thing giving it up but the no carry deal at school has to be honored. (unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    As I was heading out the door I felt so strange, as if I was leaving naked.
    I can't open carry here. But I do know what you mean about feeling naked. I've been carrying concealed for 15 years, every since I turned 21 and got my permit. I feel strange if I leave the house without my gun. For example, if I am just going outside to mow the lawn I typically don't bring my gun. But I find myself patting my hip and my back wondering "where did I holster my gun today?" then realizing I don't have it. I wear my gun in different places but I usually have a very good conscious and subconscious knowledge of where it is at all times. So when it is missing my brain keeps telling me something is wrong.

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I would agree with the OP in that I too feel like something is missing or feel naked whenever I don't have my handgun on. I cannot carry at work either (company policy), but I still keep it in the work truck. There are times, depending on surroundings and activities in the areas where I work, that I will have my handgun on when I might be working. I figure that I am the only one who can save my bacon!
    Keep up the carrying. As one said, it is the only addiction that can actually save your life. I do it all the time. Don't compromise your safety. It should be like your American Express; Don't leave home without it!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    My pants will fall off if I don't carry. Kinda makes it mandatory that I do.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    All it takes to cause you trouble is that "one" to see you open carrying and they call the police, saying that you threatened them with your gun. It doesn't matter if it was in a parking lot or walking down the street. All that "one" person has to do is make the call and the police will arrest you simply because you're wearing the gun and they received the call (false accusation or not). That's all it takes. Regardless, it will cost you a bundle just going to court, and, trying to get your gun back. The call can be anonymous, it doesn't matter. Just something to think about.
    Yeah right. Total BS. This is based solely on assumption and total ignorance
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Welcome from Minnesota!

No trip is ever too short for something to go wrong...stay safe!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

As one of my friends said to me before I got my permit: "Don't wait until something happens to start carrying - then it's too late." I work in the People's Republic of New Jersey where most of our Constitutional Rights are denied, and I always feel naked going to work...
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Sponsored Links