First time open carrying

First time open carrying

This is a discussion on First time open carrying within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I actually open carried for the first time the other day. We had a picnic for my daughter birthday. My wife had to work Sunday ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ArkhmAsylm

Thread: First time open carrying

First time open carrying

I actually open carried for the first time the other day.

We had a picnic for my daughter birthday. My wife had to work Sunday nigth and was going to take a bunch of the left overs into work for her and her co-workers. She asked me to take her to work and help carry the food in. She works in a hospital which is a No Concealed Carry zone in Michigan. If she drives he own car she has to park at the other end of the Hospital and carry all the food to her area. If I drop her off we can go in a different door and walk a lot less.
    When we got to the hospital I tucked my cover shirt in between my IWB holster and waist so the gun was exposed. We went in and dropped off the food. I attempted to keep my strong side away from her co-workers and left as soon as possible. I don't think any of them noticed the gun at all. Luckily there wasn't anyone in the waiting area in front of the elevators.

I would prefer to not have to open carry, but it's also a pain to have to disarm, then lock the gun in the car for a quick 5 minute delivery.

This was such a non-event that I almost didn't think to post it.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    If the state makes you OC in a hospital, I'd rather do that than not carry at all. I can't bring a firearm into a hospital, at all, in my state. So you are a little more fortunate than I am.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Interesting (weird) law. Could be worse.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Wait, you mean you have to open carry in certain places? And the problem is....? I'd call that a WIN situation. Would you prefer a No Carry zone?

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by William Hill View Post
    Wait, you mean you have to open carry in certain places? And the problem is....? I'd call that a WIN situation. Would you prefer a No Carry zone?
    I'm sure the OP would just assume not startle the sheeple that his wife works with, saving her the possible bleat bombardment.
    William Hill likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    I'm sure the OP would just assume not startle the sheeple that his wife works with, saving her the possible bleat bombardment.
    Well, there is that.

Sponsored Links