what is considerd unloaded - Page 2

what is considerd unloaded

This is a discussion on what is considerd unloaded within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; None taken I purchased the guns several years ago when times where beter. Where I live to get a CCW ranges from $225 to $300. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    None taken I purchased the guns several years ago when times where beter. Where I live to get a CCW ranges from $225 to $300. For two years I was an Extradition Officer and transported inmates from state to state. I had a federal weapons permit. And could carry CC with the L.E.O. Protection act of 2004 when not on duty. Bad health, no job for seven months. Still have duty weapon and backup, self protection weapon. And would preffer CCW but can not get the money.

Thank you for you input. I was thinking the same thing about takeing the class and going from there. As I stated in my post I was an Extradition Officcer for 2.5 years, and transported inmates from state to state. I have had federal weapons permit. And have done all the things needed for a CCW. This was all done through the company that I worked for. And they are not approved trainers list by the A.G. for CCW. So I have to redue everything and pay for it out of my pocket.

[QUOTE=adric22;1972242]I don't know about that.. If you were at Coumbine or Virginia Tech on a certain bad day, you'd probably love to have an unloaded gun with nearby magazine within your reach.

Adric, I'm new fairly new to this forum but have military and police experience in my family and have training. I'm weary of the carrying chambered arguments on this forum, no expert advocates carries without a round chambered. This will be my first and last post on the issue, but I believe the experts and majority have spoken. If anyone is uncomfortable carried a loaded and ready to fire firearm, they need to study and get training.

I embrace your passion for family and self defense.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Wow. I feel for all you guys that had to spend $300 to get licensed, and then have to wait 90 days on top of that. I just had to give the Sheriff $50 and I got mine in the mail three days later.

Like others have said, NO ammo in the gun at all, and check the local regs. In fact, I'd print out a copy of them and keep it on you all the time.

I only carry CCW in Georgia with 46 rounds in the gun and mags. If I cannot dispatch the BG's with that I am out the back door where the 5.56 rifle is in the trunk with the flack jacket!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links