CC or OC on Army Corps land

This is a discussion on CC or OC on Army Corps land within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone enlighten me asto what are the rules for carrying either OC or CC on Army Corps land? I am conserned about general use ...

Thread: CC or OC on Army Corps land

CC or OC on Army Corps land

Can anyone enlighten me asto what are the rules for carrying either OC or CC on Army Corps land? I am conserned about general use areas. I am looking for possible places for small orderly OC meet and greeats in the North Easteren Kansas are. Any 411 would be of a great help.

2. Remove Ads

i know that cc is NOT allowed on corps land not sure about oc

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper4077 View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me asto what are the rules for carrying either OC or CC on Army Corps land? I am conserned about general use areas. I am looking for possible places for small orderly OC meet and greeats in the North Easteren Kansas are. Any 411 would be of a great help.
    Corps of Engineers Properties are Federal property, generally speaking carry is prohibited. Pending on specific areas, firearms can be carried provided it is during specific hunting seasons and the firearms are season appropriate etc.

With the new National Park firearm laws in place that may be a better option. If there is one close. Looks like the corps does not like guns. This is for the Kansas City District, Tuttle Creek Lake.

Loaded concealed weapons are prohibited on Corps property nationwide.

Firearms are not permitted in developed recreation areas, unless used for hunting outside of the parks, and then only when unloaded and cased.

Tuttle Creek Lake
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

On May 12, 2011, Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio) and Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) introduced H.R. 1865, the Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act, which is designed to protect the rights of gun owners on lands owned or managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Please contact your US Congressman to support "H.R. 1865, the Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act".

Until they change the law Army Corps land is off limit unless hunting with permission.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org
    Member: georgiapacking.org
    Member: gonforum.com

Just got a call today from Congressman Rob Woodall office. They are working with army with this issue.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org
    Member: georgiapacking.org
    Member: gonforum.com

I hope they change that on a national level. There is an awful lot of COE property out there, most of it not posted that it is COE.

At one of my current job sites, it is right on the border of Rocky Mountain Arsenal (not COE, but still federal). I'd hate to have to tell my boss or any of the red hats that "I can not cross "xx" line by law at this current time. Tomorrow maybe, but not today."
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links