Defensive Carry banner

CC or OC on Army Corps land

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sticks 
#1 ·
Can anyone enlighten me asto what are the rules for carrying either OC or CC on Army Corps land? I am conserned about general use areas. I am looking for possible places for small orderly OC meet and greeats in the North Easteren Kansas are. Any 411 would be of a great help.

#4 ·
With the new National Park firearm laws in place that may be a better option. If there is one close. Looks like the corps does not like guns. This is for the Kansas City District, Tuttle Creek Lake.

Loaded concealed weapons are prohibited on Corps property nationwide.

Firearms are not permitted in developed recreation areas, unless used for hunting outside of the parks, and then only when unloaded and cased.

Tuttle Creek Lake

#5 ·
On May 12, 2011, Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio) and Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) introduced H.R. 1865, the Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act, which is designed to protect the rights of gun owners on lands owned or managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.

Please contact your US Congressman to support "H.R. 1865, the Recreational Lands Self-Defense Act".

Until they change the law Army Corps land is off limit unless hunting with permission.

#7 ·
I hope they change that on a national level. There is an awful lot of COE property out there, most of it not posted that it is COE.

At one of my current job sites, it is right on the border of Rocky Mountain Arsenal (not COE, but still federal). I'd hate to have to tell my boss or any of the red hats that "I can not cross "xx" line by law at this current time. Tomorrow maybe, but not today."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.