Contact with raging OC'er today! - Page 2

Contact with raging OC'er today!

This is a discussion on Contact with raging OC'er today! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sixto, well done....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Contact with raging OC'er today!

Sixto, well done.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I literally just went looking on the Ohio OC forums but no posts... :)

Good job! although I hope I do not have reason to see an officer soon, I hope, if I do, it is someone that thinks like you do!

Wait til he gets the bill from his attorney for the Phone Consultation,bet he ain't so quick to hit the speed dial the nexrt time
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Sounds to me like he was settin up for a lawsuit... and then you hit him with the Kabash. Well Done!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Goes to show you how some people are so convinced about a version of reality that they have constructed that they act according to what they believe will happen as opposed to what's actually happening. Lately I have been catching flack for things that I haven't done yet, plan to do or have any intentions of doing. If there's a past filled with guilt then that's one thing but if there's no prior history it's another thing entirely. This person may have had trouble in the past with LEOs and was reacting to that as opposed to Sixto per se. He should've given Sixto a benefit of doubt given his skeptic attitude.

My reference I made about myself is a personal one and is not directed to or at this forum or posts accordingly.

Good job Sixto.

Glad it all worked out.

Not to get off the subject but what was he carrying and what type of holster was it in ?

Inquiring minds like to know.

Thanks.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    his first amendment rights were about to be violated
    Well, the Supreme Court has interpreted the 1st Amendment to include freedom of "expression." Maybe he got a premonition of how reasonable and professional you were going to be toward him, which obviously violated his right to "express" himself as an uptight, attention-seeking choad.

My only concern is that the guy probably thinks the only reason you didn't harass him more was because of his lawyer on the phone.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Haha, good stuff Sixto. I'm sure he was a little dumbfounded. Is it too much to ask what prompted the MWAG call? Just some little old lady or did it seem like he was waiting for someone to do it?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    My only concern is that the guy probably thinks the only reason you didn't harass him more was because of his lawyer on the phone.
    No, I made that very clear when I laughed at his "lawyer" on the phone. It wasnt even the lawyer, just the receptionist. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post

Not to get off the subject but what was he carrying and what type of holster was it in ?
    It was a Glock (looked like a 19 or 23) and it was in some sort of kydex paddle. It wasn't one of the common brands like a Serpa or Fobus, I'm not sure what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Is it too much to ask what prompted the MWAG call? Just some little old lady or did it seem like he was waiting for someone to do it?
    I have to be a little vague, but it was at a largish public gathering in the center of town. I have no idea who made the call, but it was one of hundreds of people at that gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    I literally just went looking on the Ohio OC forums but no posts... :)
    I kinda doubt there will be; there was no drama attached.
    "Just blame Sixto"

No, I made that very clear when I laughed at his "lawyer" on the phone.
    Laughing at the attorney! You just made someone a rich man. You'll need some disciplinary action for violating the rights of both the attorney and his client. Obviously you DON'T KNOW THE LAW.

Senior Moderator
    Poor guy - you ruined his impromptu Monty Python Sketch by not playing along:

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

LOL
    deadguy and thephanatik like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

It was a Glock (looked like a 19 or 23) and it was in some sort of kydex paddle. It wasn't one of the common brands like a Serpa or Fobus, I'm not sure what it was. (quote)

Thanks for the reply.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It was kinda funny, it seemed as if he had his speech and protest all laid out. I think he was truly shocked when I simply shook his hand and walked away. It took him by surprise, I'm sure.
    ...all laid out, but he still flubbed it on which right he was being 'deprived' of.

Sounds like you offer a citizen experience similar to that of officer Lyons, badge number 1093, of the Oceanside Police Department:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=962_1311725173

"Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Post #1 had "raging" in the title. But I saw no description of rage in the body of the post...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links