Contact with raging OC'er today!

This is a discussion on Contact with raging OC'er today! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just looked on Youtube hoping he had a friend shooting video. Not there. So Sixto do you think this guy has had his fun or ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Contact with raging OC'er today!

Just looked on Youtube hoping he had a friend shooting video. Not there.

So Sixto do you think this guy has had his fun or do you think he is the type that is going to start pushing boundaries with people until he gets the response he was looking for?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

To be honest Sixto, that was a bit boring, but well played on your part.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It was kinda funny, it seemed as if he had his speech and protest all laid out. I think he was truly shocked when I simply shook his hand and walked away. It took him by surprise, I'm sure.
    You say you "simply shook his hand"...
    His internet version says you tried to disarm him... (remember the old schoolboy trick of swinging under and around to get the unwitting's arm up behind his back?) He says you tried that, but his superior strength and training kept it from happening.

It "took him by surprise?"
    Not what he said...

He said his expert knowledge of the constitution and his first (sic) amendment rights, to say nothing of his having his lawyer on the phone to talk you down... left you so surprised you actually ran away...

I'm glad you handled it so well, Sixto. Sounds like he needed more schooling... But I hope he learned that all the "pigs" ain't out to smash down our God given rights...
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You say you "simply shook his hand"...
    His internet version says you tried to disarm him... (remember the old schoolboy trick of swinging under and around to get the unwitting's arm up behind his back?) He says you tried that, but his superior strength and training kept it from happening.

It "took him by surprise?"
    Not what he said...

He said his expert knowledge of the constitution and his first (sic) amendment rights, to say nothing of his having his lawyer on the phone to talk you down... left you so surprised you actually ran away...

I'm glad you handled it so well, Sixto. Sounds like he needed more schooling... But I hope he learned that all the "pigs" ain't out to smash down our God given rights...
    I don't understand this. How can he say something different from what SIXTO is saying? Nobody lies on the internet, do they?

Oh, did I mention that I'm a Navy SEAL and I fly F22 Raptors as a side job?
    mr.stuart and oneshot like this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Post #1 had "raging" in the title. But I saw no description of rage in the body of the post...
    I think Sixto said he couldn't really get into the details of the encounter. Just hit the highlights.

Did some searching for posts or videos, couldn't find any either. I did come across a video of a AK47 Open Carry stop. What a freaking tool. These LEO's probably handled it about like Sixto did. Guy looks for trouble and seems disappointed when he doesn't get a rise out of LEO's.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Post #1 had "raging" in the title. But I saw no description of rage in the body of the post...
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I think Sixto said he couldn't really get into the details of the encounter. Just hit the highlights.
    Yes, this. I will not post all the details as I don't want any trouble for either of us not to mention it would be unprofessional of me to do so. So, sorry, no gory details like I said in the first post. The raging part came with the chip on the shoulder.... you can use your imagination to fill in the blanks, but it wasn't any different from the many encounters for the other side of the fence posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To be honest Sixto, that was a bit boring...
    Yeah, I know. Sometimes the most beautiful and elegant things are that of simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post

So Sixto do you think this guy has had his fun or do you think he is the type that is going to start pushing boundaries with people until he gets the response he was looking for?
    I really don't know. Part of me says yes, he will. The other part of me says he was just a plain old twit looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Who knows. If he is looking to stir trouble, I hope he chooses to do it in the next town over now that we've met.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I really don't know. Part of me says yes, he will. The other part of me says he was just a plain old twit looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Who knows. If he is looking to stir trouble, I hope he chooses to do it in the next town over now that we've met.
    AMEN
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Every time I read about an encounter like this one I am really glad that there are LEOs that are gun guys. I just wish MORE LEOs were gun guys.

Thanks for posting the basics of the encounter Sixto.
    oneshot likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Golly, a LEO handling a legal OC the way it should be handled. Wouldn't it be nice if all were handled within the law like this one appears to have been?

It takes a professional to maintain composure while being pushed. Most LEO's do just that. Some struggle with the concept.

" Let a person's attitude drift like a boat down stream. Focus on behavior".

Verbal Judo

You can act the fool all you want as long as your doing what I tell you to do.

OS
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Administrator
    For those seriously looking for a video, I can say for certain one does exist of the incident, but it will not make it on the Internet.(not by my doing anyway)
    I highly doubt another exists given the surrounding circumstances and environmental issues that existed at the time.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    The goof called his attorney before I even said hello to him, and told him ( the attorney) his first amendment rights were about to be violated. I'm still not sure how the 1st came into play here, but whatever.

chuckled at his lawyer and bid him a good day.
    The above statements in the OP made it very interesting to me.
    Then there was this from post # 25:

[QUOTE=SIXTO;1989584]No, I made that very clear when I laughed at his "lawyer" on the phone. It wasnt even the lawyer, just the receptionist. lol

That told me that he was not talking to his lawyer, pulling the idea of the OCer maybe setting up a lawsuit right out of my mind.
    Maybe im trying to hard to figure out what went on?
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

It was kinda funny, it seemed as if he had his speech and protest all laid out. I think he was truly shocked when I simply shook his hand and walked away. It took him by surprise, I'm sure.
    I am sure he will get what he wants with another LE encounter. You ruined his day.

Administrator
    [QUOTE=AZJD1968;1990181]The above statements in the OP made it very interesting to me.
    Then there was this from post # 25:

No, I made that very clear when I laughed at his "lawyer" on the phone. It wasnt even the lawyer, just the receptionist. lol

That told me that he was not talking to his lawyer, pulling the idea of the OCer maybe setting up a lawsuit right out of my mind.
    Maybe im trying to hard to figure out what went on?
    Thats cause I found out who was actually on the phone after the fact. I was initially told it was the lawyer on the phone.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto, I will give my experince with MWG call on me later. It was kind of funny. I need to eat now or have a suger drop.
    Semper Fi

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links