Contact with raging OC'er today! - Page 5

Contact with raging OC'er today!

This is a discussion on Contact with raging OC'er today! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Epi It's inevitable that someone or their child will take notice and pose you with a question, while I try to be ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Contact with raging OC'er today!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi View Post
    It's inevitable that someone or their child will take notice and pose you with a question, while I try to be as polite as possible, the educational value is entirely decided on my mood at that specific point in time.
    I've been there as well. CCW is nice to have on those days isn't it?
    “Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.”
    - Col. Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Well, it happened... Old Sixto got the man with gun call, only to find a OC'er with a chip on the shoulder.
    Im not going to post all the gory details as it wouldn't be the prudent thing for me to do, but it did start off rough and ended well.

The goof called his attorney before I even said hello to him, and told him ( the attorney) his first amendment rights were about to be violated. I'm still not sure how the 1st came into play here, but whatever.

Being annoyed at having to talk over the phone conversation and having to take him to school over what the constitutional amendments are and why nothing was being violated, I think the guy was shocked when I simply ID him, chuckled at his lawyer and bid him a good day.
    Did you let him go because he had a mint Sig or something? LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmonkey View Post
    I was referring to cheap tactics often being used by both sides of the issue. What exactly is your "gripe about the whole OC thing"?
    The same as yours, the tactics employed by both sides of the issue. Its not good for any of us.
    shooterX likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah, I've had a couple of these terrible LE experiences. The one's where they know what they are doing. Personally, I've gotten a couple of second glances or even hard stares from LE, but any personal interaction while OC'ing has been good. But guns aren't the evil things that only BG's carry around here either.

YOu gotta admit though, when LE Or the OC'r does not know what they are talking about it goes south in a hurry.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    lagmonkey first welcome to the forum.

Just speaking for me, I am not opposed to OC if its legal and done with common sense great.

Carrying an AR to a restaurant or while riding a motorcycle in order to get someone to call it in so you can videotape it and then claim your rights are being violated all for the sake of educating the public is what I have a problem with. Also carrying and unloaded cheap piece of junk, without the slightest intent of using it for self defense, in order to draw attention to yourself and get stopped by LE for the above listed reasons is what I and others have a problem with.
    The OC community cries to the masses that "My rights have been violated" but the non gun carrying public also have the same right not to be seated next to you in a restaurant or not to allow you into their business without being given a card or told how you and your gun toting friends are going to boycott buying slushees unless the store changes their policy and cost them $7.85 in slushee business.

As I have stated before we as gun owners will not carry the vote there are simply because there are not enough of us. It is the non gun toting, average grandma, mother in wal mart who do have the numbers and see some of the plain retarded things being done and say to themselves as they cast their vote "Oh my this is that gun thing they wanted passed so they can carry their rifles at the Sizzlin, I am not voting for that".

Whatever the OC crowd does right or wrong reflects on us all as gun owners and carriers. Now just imagine this guy posting his video claiming a First amendment violation.
    The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law “respecting an establishment of religion,” impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

How big of a fool would we all look like. In the words of the famous comedian "Here's your sign".

Please note: This post was not directed at any individual and the use of you, I or they was simply using a proper descriptive word in the sentence.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Well, it happened... Old Sixto got the man with gun call, only to find a OC'er with a chip on the shoulder.
    Being annoyed at having to talk over the phone conversation and having to take him to school over what the constitutional amendments are and why nothing was being violated, I think the guy was shocked when I simply ID him, chuckled at his lawyer and bid him a good day.
    It's 'those' people, the militant, in your face with my opinions, that bug me the most.
    Good handling of potential loud-mouth goof.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Here's the thing. If the individual had been carrying concealed, the whole incident would have been avoided in the first place. I have no problem with people who want to exercise their rights or who feel a necessity to educate the public. As for me personally, I don't have time for all the drama. Carry legally and carry as you wish.

VIP Member
    You mean you didn't call for a five car back-up, face-plant him on the cement, disarm him, read him the riot act, brutally dispose of him in the back seat of your squad car, and give him a free ride downtown????????

Cops these days,
    Just when you expect them to "Protect And Serve" they go and pull a stunt like this.

Boy Sixto, you need to go back to the academy, for some new indoctrination or SOMETHING!!!!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    lagmonkey first welcome to the forum.

Just speaking for me, I am not opposed to OC if its legal and done with common sense great.

Carrying an AR to a restaurant or while riding a motorcycle in order to get someone to call it in so you can videotape it and then claim your rights are being violated all for the sake of educating the public is what I have a problem with. Also carrying and unloaded cheap piece of junk, without the slightest intent of using it for self defense, in order to draw attention to yourself and get stopped by LE for the above listed reasons is what I and others have a problem with.
    The OC community cries to the masses that "My rights have been violated" but the non gun carrying public also have the same right not to be seated next to you in a restaurant or not to allow you into their business without being given a card or told how you and your gun toting friends are going to boycott buying slushees unless the store changes their policy and cost them $7.85 in slushee business.

As I have stated before we as gun owners will not carry the vote there are simply because there are not enough of us. It is the non gun toting, average grandma, mother in wal mart who do have the numbers and see some of the plain retarded things being done and say to themselves as they cast their vote "Oh my this is that gun thing they wanted passed so they can carry their rifles at the Sizzlin, I am not voting for that".

Whatever the OC crowd does right or wrong reflects on us all as gun owners and carriers. Now just imagine this guy posting his video claiming a First amendment violation.
    The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law “respecting an establishment of religion,” impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

How big of a fool would we all look like. In the words of the famous comedian "Here's your sign".

Please note: This post was not directed at any individual and the use of you, I or they was simply using a proper descriptive word in the sentence.
    Exactly how I feel. I OC, using common sense and good judgement and I have never once had anyone make a MWAG call on me. In fact, I've only had one person question me, the LGS owner, and that was only because he had been misinformed by an ATF agent on their last visit. His only problem was that he didn't think I was old enough to own a handgun. I politely corrected him, and haven't had any issues since.

That being said, if you want to carry your AK-47 to McDonalds, by all means, go for it. If you sit down and think about it, that's about the only way to make progress. How did African Americans get full civil rights? By breaking unfair laws or just doing things that seemed socially unacceptable at the time. Why is it so different with gun owners? Obviously making a political statement is different than just trying to cause a stink, but I'm not going to judge it either way.

Administrator
    I had backup enroute, as it was a man with a gun call after all. I was first there, and was able to see what the deal was, so called off my back up. They still came, but kept their distance as not to rile up people unnecessarily.

Even though the rudeness of making a phone call while I'm trying to talk to him did tick me off, I did not face plant him into the sidewalk. (but I won't lie, I did think about it. But it wasn't because of the gun, it was because of the phone and lack of manners)
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Even though the rudeness of making a phone call while I'm trying to talk to him did tick me off, I did not face plant him into the sidewalk. (but I won't lie, I did think about it. But it wasn't because of the gun, it was because of the phone and lack of manners)
    I probably would not have shook the tool's hand, but then again, a crush-grip handshake with a hard stare and a toothy grin often sends a good message.
    sigmanluke and Old School like this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I probably would not have shook the tool's hand, but then again, a crush-grip handshake with a hard stare and a toothy grin often sends a good message.
    Yes, yes it does.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I had backup enroute, as it was a man with a gun call after all. I was first there, and was able to see what the deal was, so called off my back up. They still came, but kept their distance as not to rile up people unnecessarily.

Just to clarify,,

My post was in Jest.

You did a great job!!!!!,,,, and sound like a teriffic asset to your Department.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Administrator
    I know
    "Just blame Sixto"

when I simply ID him
    I looked through the thread and didn't find what I was looking for, so if this has been answered, I apologize.

What exactly do you mean by "ID him"? Why would you need to, since open carry is legal in Ohio without a permit? What criminal activity did you reasonably suspect this person was involved in that would require contact, rather than a visual drive by?

I look forward to your answers. Thanks in advance.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links