Contact with raging OC'er today!

This is a discussion on Contact with raging OC'er today! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it happened... Old Sixto got the man with gun call, only to find a OC'er with a chip on the shoulder. Im not going ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Contact with raging OC'er today!

Administrator

Well, it happened... Old Sixto got the man with gun call, only to find a OC'er with a chip on the shoulder.
    Im not going to post all the gory details as it wouldn't be the prudent thing for me to do, but it did start off rough and ended well.

The goof called his attorney before I even said hello to him, and told him ( the attorney) his first amendment rights were about to be violated. I'm still not sure how the 1st came into play here, but whatever.

Being annoyed at having to talk over the phone conversation and having to take him to school over what the constitutional amendments are and why nothing was being violated, I think the guy was shocked when I simply ID him, chuckled at his lawyer and bid him a good day.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Darn it Sixto, you just took away the guy's ability to tell all his friends and internet buddies what a jerk the responding officer was and how the officer didn't know the laws of the state or US Constitution. How him and his lawyer are going to teach the city/county whatever a lesson about his rights.

1A rights, Really?

Oh well, maybe you have helped convert a guy and make him realize that LEO's really aren't that bad. Good deal.
    Spade115 and oneshot like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

It seems to have turned out well, as it should.

Man, that just seems strange saying it about a Police officer, to a Police officer.

Honestly though, I hope your roadside education gave him something to think about.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member
    Video or it didn't happen.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Some oc'ers should lose the chip. act polite and comply and go on their ways. If they have issues they can take it up legally later.
    Thylacine, 357and40, RMS and 1 others like this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Darn it Sixto, you just took away the guy's ability to tell all his friends and internet buddies what a jerk the responding officer was and how the officer didn't know the laws of the state or US Constitution.
    No, he didn't.

Right now he's probably tying up his post.
    So, there I was, walking down the street, minding my own business and exercising my rights when along comes this pig
    (and I say that only in character and with all affection for Sixto )

I get my lawyer on the phone and tell him what's going on and this cop starts demanding my ID! He's got this attitude and I KNOW it's going to get ugly any second. He THOUGHT he knew everything there was to know about the law and I just stood there nodding in agreement because I didn't want to set him off but I had my lawyer on the line who knows a heck of a lot more than this guy ever could who was assuring me that this guy is an idiot and I am right.
    Ahhh. I can see the post now.

People will twist a story however they want to "make the news."

And so it goes.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    "I had my attorney on the phone, copper didn't have a chance and knew it!"

Should have taken your sweet time and ran up the "phone consult" legal bill.

There's one in every crowd and unfortunately the OC crowd seems to attract a few more of the flies that give the normal folks a bad wrap.
    Phoenixx6 and MotorCityGun like this.

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    No, he didn't.

Right now he's probably tying up his post.
    (and I say that only in character and with all affection for Sixto )

Ahhh. I can see the post now.

People will twist a story however they want to "make the news."
    What, you mean someone would embellish, I mean lie, about stuff on the interenet, say it isn't so.
    Thylacine likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    What, you mean someone would embellish, I mean lie, about stuff on the interenet, say it isn't so.
    LOL.. shocking, I know!!

Good going for Sixto to handle it professionally and put a different outlook on it for him. Hopefully.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    So,you did not use the bright lights and rubber hose,to make him talk?
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Administrator
    It was kinda funny, it seemed as if he had his speech and protest all laid out. I think he was truly shocked when I simply shook his hand and walked away. It took him by surprise, I'm sure.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It wasn't that guy we've all see on TV where he screams and yells at the officer, tears up the ticket and throws it out on the ground while his SUV is shaking around from his rant, is it? Then the officer, very calmly informs this fine gentleman that if he doesn't pick it up he's going to give him another ticket for littering. Reminds me of that and I thought it was GREAT! Nice job SIXTO. Can you imagine if he would have run into that other officer that was in a recent post where he went ballistic over that CC'er? Probably wouldn't have ended as well I'm sure.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links