How Not To Open Carry - Page 2

How Not To Open Carry

This is a discussion on How Not To Open Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What kinda holster you got there? It's a buttwhacker 2000,it gives me that little love tap as I walk to let daddy know baby is ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: How Not To Open Carry

What kinda holster you got there? It's a buttwhacker 2000,it gives me that little love tap as I walk to let daddy know baby is with him
    Gunner3126 and Tutapper like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    What kinda holster you got there? It's a buttwhacker 2000,it gives me that little love tap as I walk to let daddy know baby is with him
    Ok, that's just disturbing, lol.

I'd put money on that if you could track this same guy down six months from now, he'll have a proper carry rig. Seems like the guys that do that kind of thing are always new to carry.

VIP Member
    It makes you wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

What! This would imply that they have even considered their actions first. Thinking come now surely you jest?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

hmmmm... maybe someone should have taken 30 secs to talk to the guy and give him some pointers..... I know when i first started carrying i had a uncle mikes universal paddle holster and a cheap leather belt wally world belt... acutally didn't carry for quite a while because of how uncomfortable it was, I found this forum and started learning and now i have nice leather for both my Pistols and a very nice gun belt that makes ALL the difference in the world.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Stop shooting the copperheads!!! They support CCW...lol, plus I like snakes.

sent from my EVO , with Tapatalk

sgb
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician" - Col. Cooper

Applies to a more than just users of the buttwhacker 2000.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Not surrey I see the problem. What did he do wrong?

I'd put money on that if you could track this same guy down six months from now, he'll have a proper carry rig. Seems like the guys that do that kind of thing are always new to carry.
    I'm not so sure about that. I was at a firearms owners function the other day and there was a gentleman there with almost the same setup. It was a cheap looking high riding kydex holster that was canted way out from the body at about 5 o'clock and flopped around when he moved. The scary thing was that he purported to be a gunsmith and instructor. I believed the gunsmith part since his custom work looked pretty slick but if that was how he carried on a normal basis I'm not sure I'd want to do a lot of training with him.

My first holster was a uncle mikes OWB and I promptly ran my belt around the outside of the holster just to try and keep it tight, until I could get mtac.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

so the whole rig banged against his butt as he walked.
    my butt used to have that getto strutt when I was younger now its more like a getto limp

The "It can't happen to me" syndrom... cause I have a gun showing.
    IMO the OP is correct.....he left himself open being over confident and let his awareness level collapse.....No Good.

Wow... I did not realize that people needed to pass a dress/carry inspection before they went out in public!
    Dumbledork likes this.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

I hope to find an OC'r just like him if I ever need to rob someone or place, but don't have a gun of my own.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    Wow... I did not realize that people needed to pass a dress/carry inspection before they went out in public!
    The guy has a poorly retained gun hanging loose and openly flopping around slapping his butt as he cruises along in obvious condition white. He's an easy mark for any thug who wants to grab his gun and as such he endangers everyone in the vicinity. As a certified NRA pistol instructor I'm sure you understand the possibilities here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    Some of us get where your at flippin...jus sayin
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Thanks Chief1297....

My entire point of contention with this wmhawth is that in Virginia (and Im not sure if Tn is the same) there are no requirements for anyone open carrying to go thru any type of training, orientation, nor is there any type of requirement to school a person on a SAFE way to carry a sidearm. So while some consider it "common sense" I consider it a mute point. If a state has no requirements for a person to accomplish prior to being able to do it... then how can we (as a group) say anything about it? Going along with that is the multiple posts about wearing a certain type of clothing while OCing... just gets my goat....
    Dumbledork likes this.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links