How Not To Open Carry - Page 3

How Not To Open Carry

This is a discussion on How Not To Open Carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and as we know the 2nd A says, .......the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, except for people who do not ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: How Not To Open Carry

and as we know the 2nd A says, .......the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, except for people who do not know how to carry them; or for anyone who has not trained according to what the Government says is necessary
    Dumbledork likes this.

nope... no exception... he can carry and dress as he wants..
    Dumbledork and justim like this.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    Thanks Chief1297....

My entire point of contention with this wmhawth is that in Virginia (and Im not sure if Tn is the same) there are no requirements for anyone open carrying to go thru any type of training, orientation, nor is there any type of requirement to school a person on a SAFE way to carry a sidearm. So while some consider it "common sense" I consider it a mute point. If a state has no requirements for a person to accomplish prior to being able to do it... then how can we (as a group) say anything about it? Going along with that is the multiple posts about wearing a certain type of clothing while OCing... just gets my goat....
    It is very difficult to tell what the "infraction" was without actually having been there. Then again, it may have been an old, worn out holster that had some meaning to the wearer (gift from G'pa) or it could be all he could afford. It could also be that the guy was just cheap and it didnt matter how he carried the weapon. It is hard to say. The thread took on a tone of "gossip" like folks standing around talking about how screwed up other people are. Just wanted to let you know I read it the same way you did.
    Dumbledork likes this.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by heyrakes View Post
    and as we know the 2nd A says, .......the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, except for people who do not know how to carry them; or for anyone who has not trained according to what the Government says is necessary
    Wow, that's not how I remember it. I read it on the internet though so it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    Thanks Chief1297....

My entire point of contention with this wmhawth is that in Virginia (and Im not sure if Tn is the same) there are no requirements for anyone open carrying to go thru any type of training, orientation, nor is there any type of requirement to school a person on a SAFE way to carry a sidearm. So while some consider it "common sense" I consider it a mute point. If a state has no requirements for a person to accomplish prior to being able to do it... then how can we (as a group) say anything about it? Going along with that is the multiple posts about wearing a certain type of clothing while OCing... just gets my goat....
    TN requires that a person take a handgun safety course that teaches weapons handling and you must pass a shooting course to get you carry permit.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    TN requires that a person take a handgun safety course that teaches weapons handling and you must pass a shooting course to get you carry permit.
    That's true, but once you have the permit, you can pretty much carry in any manner that you wish. If you want to tie the gun to a rope and wear it around your neck, you're pretty much within the law to do so. Personally, I would rather not see people do that but I'm sure that I do stuff that people don't care for also.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I see your problem, you're operating under a false assumption. They're not thinking.
    nailed that!!

cause we share the same goal, many have a less than a 'trained' for manor.
    they would agree that having a guitar does not make you a player-in-a-band
    yet not see the relationship of gun and usage.

if it were possible to tie the having of a gun for carry with a (small fee) class of
    4 hours --call it 'beginners carry' and it is optional but there would be an incentive/reward
    for having taken and passed it.
    perhaps the certificate would be in evidance in your favor in court if you should ever find yourself there.
    though the DA would not treat you like a LEO, they would grant you status better than a 'naked' citizan.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Another guy that's here to save us all. And by God, he's gonna tell the world.
    Vaquero 45 likes this.

Sounds like that guy needed someone to explain to him the right way to carry a gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links