I'm going to OC today. - Page 3

I'm going to OC today.

This is a discussion on I'm going to OC today. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I had forgotten about that. I still should do it... but I the whole new OC movement kinda soured me on ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I'm going to OC today.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I had forgotten about that. I still should do it... but I the whole new OC movement kinda soured me on trying to help them at the risk of my own reputation.
    Heck, do it for yourself. That's the part that matters.

Remember, the movement you speak of is not the same throughout. Bad apples is bad apples...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Neither is a full sized bat. Its a baseball bat... I think I'll wear one of those rings on my belt meant to hold a mag light, and put the bat it that.
    You're going to need WAY more retention than that. What if some nutcase come up and tries to dis-bat you? You might be targeted for that fine piece of craftsmanship, and you need to make sure they can't just snatch it up. Call SERPA and see what they can do. And be very careful about somebody seeing you and taking the first swing. The guy with the bat get's taken out first every time.

And don't go flaunting it like a peacock. That's just uncalled for. And whatever you do, don't get a cheap holster that lets it bounce off your butt when you walk. You'll look like a rank amateur and and get the bat guys and the non bat guys on your case.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    I like the concept of open carry it would be nice to be able to walk down the street with a pistol to my side. HOWEVER I look suspicious as it is weither I am dressed up or dressed comfortably so I think its great some people can. I just couldnt

I like the answer above me just cant seem to find the "Like" Button. lol
    Tip: Just mouse over the post & the - Like | Share - links will show up in the lower right corner of the post.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Well Sixto, How did it go yesterday? Did you get any man with a bat calls?
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Even LESS weapon like.........

T -ball bat 25"

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Forgive this forum newbie for playing devil's advocate, but if you have the choice of carrying concealed or openly, why would you choose open? Why advertise the fact, or put yourself through the social stress, or make yourself look like a police officer?
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    As an alternative, why not OC a hatchet? You can get them with belt scabbards...
    sigmanluke likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Administrator
    I'm not trained with a hatchet.
    atctimmy and BkCo1 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

So going old school huh? Everybody knows that while ash was great back in the day you could only swing wood it is obsolete. The guy at the local lumber yard says you are fool to swing anything but maple. He says a line drive from a maple bat will rip the pocket clean out of an infielders glove. All Bat-ical magazines are now saying that REAL players that are exempt from the MLB regulation are swinging alloy or composite. Yeah.... wood bats are the Colt Peacemaker of sporting goods.

Other than George Brett do we know of any cases with a prosecutor (or umpire) making an issue of how much pine tar you use?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I'm not trained with a hatchet.
    No training needed with a hatchet. You simply hack away until they stop moving, makes no difference if you hit with the sharp edge or the blunt edge, beat them into submission.

Or if you subscribe to the movie method, you can cleave limbs or heads in a single blow, but that probably takes a bit of training that the department won't pay for.

Oh and the wood bats, well they are like 1911's, no matter what comes along, they will always be the standard by which things are measured.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by BigRay View Post
    Forgive this forum newbie for playing devil's advocate, but if you have the choice of carrying concealed or openly, why would you choose open? Why advertise the fact, or put yourself through the social stress, or make yourself look like a police officer?
    Ray, that question has been asked from both sides of that fence... Do what is comfortable for you.. Do it well. Be prepared in your own mind, get training... and live within your means (of carry and otherwise).
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Too bad saps and blackjacks have fallen out of favor in recent years. The ultimate discrete close quarters weapon. There are times when you may need to take someone out, but don't necessarily want to kill or shoot them. This is my night time dog walking ensemble:

Maybe if you got a bigger dog you would not need the above items. J/K

Never Understood at a baseball game they check you as you walk in but handout mini baseball bat on bat day

I had forgotten about that. I still should do it... but I the whole new OC movement kinda soured me on trying to help them at the risk of my own reputation.
    Typical cop....says he's going to do something but never does.....typical.

Just kidding SIXTO. How's the OC of the bat go?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We recently got a new neighbor. His preferred carry weapon on his daily walks is a very stylish, old school croquet mallet! I kinda like his rebellious attitude! Another carries an umbrella. I don't think that really has the cool factor.
    Question Everything!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links