Have you OC'ed? - Page 2

Have you OC'ed?

This is a discussion on Have you OC'ed? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Until my CC permit get approved, everday from my store to my car and vice versa. After that probably just CC....

View Poll Results: Have you openly carried a firearm in public?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • I regularly OC!

85 35.27%
  • I tried it just to see what it is like.

51 21.16%
  • I want to but legally can't where I live.

22 9.13%
  • Never have, never will.

83 34.44%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Have you OC'ed?

Until my CC permit get approved, everday from my store to my car and vice versa. After that probably just CC.

I OC'ed a couple of times in Virginia years ago. If they change the laws here in Texas I will probably OC a bit during the summer but when weather allows comfortable cover garments I will most likely still CC.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Have carried in a belt holster on our own place since I first got a pistol but not in public. Not going to change either, even if Texas law is amended to allow it.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I voted teh thrid option. Cant do it in florida. If we could i wouldnt do it where I currently live (miami area) but would want to try it where I lived up in north florida which is more rural

I OC when it's hot, or when it's more comfortable for me (weather-wise)...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    I used to CC exclusively, then I moved to VA. I did not want to disarm and leave my gun in my truck when the wife and I went out to eat, so I started doing the VA tuck. If we were leaving from the house and had no plans on going anywhere else I would OC all both ways.

At the time I could not carry at work, so I started OC'ing to and from, for the convenience. As I grew more comfortable doing it, I started carrying that way more often. Now I find it to be my primary means of carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I OC about 90% of the time. I prefer it for comfort and ease of access, also it's what I'm used to on the job, so why change? I'm not trying to make a statement with it, or looking for ANY interaction. I don't mind if someone asks me about it, but I'm not hoping to "educate" anyone either.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I live in a small town in northeast PA. and have had an LCTF (carry permit ) for over 6 years.

While open carry is legal in PA , I have NEVER SEEN ANYONE DOING IT ( not in my town or the nearby cities or towns I visit ) .

FYI - I do not consider carrying a handgun while hunting to be "open carry" .

My weapon is for self defense and you will only see it if you ATTACK ME.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I voted never have, never will. I prefer concealed. I feel it gives me more options (engage or just be a good witness) and it attracts less attention. The only times I do OC is when I'm hiking in the National Forest or around the house/yard.

Started oc a few years ago and never had a bit of trouble but I do live in a small town.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I did, but not because of one of the possible responses. We were in Tombstone, Tucson and Phoenix last year and it was just too damned hot to put on an outer garment. I open carried all the way back home (at the time) to Albuquerque. We had to make a pit stop at a local stop and rob in Tucson where I met two uniformed Border Agents. No hassle from the people behind the register, no issues with customers and no issues with the agents. In fact, both commented on my 1911 and we talked shop for about 20 minutes.

I'm going to Phoenix and Ft. Huachuca Wednesday of this coming week to see y #1 son graduate from Army AIT. I prefer to carry concealed, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Last edited by sniper58; July 31st, 2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: add
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    You should have had on occasion as one of the choices.
    Knightrider likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

The question is not in the poll for me. It is legal in PA, I want to try it but have yet to carry openly.

It's ok to use the loose definition of the words that best suits you, to fit all the circumstances I'd need at least twice as many options which would dilute things further, and I'm sure as more come along we'll get some more unique stories (that I am finding interesting reads) but I tried to be little more scaled than Yes/No. I just didn't want to spread it out so much that the options became statistically meaningless; just trying to get a general sense.

But keep the stories rolling in, I'd never heard the detail about MA having OC before. MP45, I guess you'll just have to give it a go so you're able to vote.

Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I pretty much only open carry while running and in the gun shop anymore. I suppose that means I regularly do so.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links