Have you OC'ed? - Page 7

Have you OC'ed?

This is a discussion on Have you OC'ed? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I OC when im hunting or hiking in the back country out here in New Mexico. Never had the nerve to do it in the ...

View Poll Results: Have you openly carried a firearm in public?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • I regularly OC!

85 35.27%
  • I tried it just to see what it is like.

51 21.16%
  • I want to but legally can't where I live.

22 9.13%
  • Never have, never will.

83 34.44%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Have you OC'ed?

NMB
    I OC when im hunting or hiking in the back country out here in New Mexico. Never had the nerve to do it in the cities, I do see people doing it from time to time though.
    carracer likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

I just OCed today at a park. Several people passed me strong side and........................... said, "hi."

No one even seemed to notice my sidearm, or else they didn't care.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I OC in KY about 30% of the time. No problems yet.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I OC sometimes, maybe 10%, basically because my most comfortable holster would not CC well. It is a paddle and makes my carrying so much more enjoyable. However, I dont like the attention and the "stigma" some place on those of us who "do" OC. I would OC more if not for that.

No offense to any LEO's here, but on another forum there is a LEO who makes it clear that he feels OC'ers are just seeking attention and do it for that reason and that reason only. It is this that prevents me from OC'ing more than I do.(Not simply this LEO's views but alot of other people feel this way also, as I'm sure many of you know).

I know alot of people feel that OC'ing is basically done for attention, to feel "big", and many other reasons, but I simply find it more comfortable is all.
    carracer likes this.

I tried it a couple times but the "sheep" are always freakin out & made me uncomfortable (agree with "Blackhawk93" completly) so ill be stickin to CC even though its far more convient to OC at times
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

i selected the "tried it" option...but really is situationally dependant: hunting, walking around campgrounds/trails/parks, in my yard, etc.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I've tried it/done it a few times. In VA it was previously required to OC in an establishment that served if you wanted to remain legally armed. Went to an open carry lunch function in NoVa and OC'd while running errands while to/from the range etc.
    Ditto, except I was in Hampton Roads vs. NOVA. I've OCed a few times in Mississippi and never had a problem, but my exposure has been fairly limited. I can't carry in any form a lot of times, because I'm usually on my way to/from the military base, the Post Office, or church.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Open carry in Springfield is perfectly legal, but I have no interest in spooking anyone and having to be hassled by the PD.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links