Going to California and have some questions

This is a discussion on Going to California and have some questions within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pro2A I'm leaving Saturday and I am weighing the options still, Pro and con. I will be in a more pro-gun part ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Going to California and have some questions

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I'm leaving Saturday and I am weighing the options still, Pro and con. I will be in a more pro-gun part of the state, at the same time I gotta watch the schools in and around Redding. I still have some time to think about it. What if I brought it along and kept it loaded while I am at my moms house for protection, and didn't take it out in public? Would that be OK? I know in states like Jersey that is a big no-no. How about in Cali?
    That would be totally ok. And I know the chances are remote but if you need it to defend yourself or others in the house against GBH or death it's not like it used to be where you had to retreat if you could.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

If you can't carry a gun, just carry a pack of cigarettes, (whether you smoke or not). If you feel threatened lite up a cigarette. Even the hardcore in Calif. will run from you in fear of the second hand smoke.

I'm from California there is no "pro-gun" part of the state.
    Just forget it.
    If you must, take it unloaded, and keep it at your moms once you get inside the house.
    But nowhere else. If you get stopped with it in public you will go to jail.
    You will go to jail and stay there until you make bail, lose the gun (it will NEVER be returned) and face a jail sentence.
    If you think it's that dangerous where you are going stay home.

VIP Member
    I grew up in California and became a peace officer way back in 70's. Even then it was hard to carry unless you were a cop or the select few with a permit. Today I have no idea although you can register with one of the California gun forums and quickly get the current scoop. I do know that it's a true PITA no matter what. I live in Arizona where the laws are 180 degrees different. Still, I love the San Diego area but you truly are compromised while visiting the golden State. The State of California would rather deal with a dead lawful citizen than a criminal who's civil rights have been remotely violated.

---
    - Sent from my iPad2
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links