daughter and carry - Page 3

daughter and carry

This is a discussion on daughter and carry within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by apvbguy I don't think that she can conceal carry while under 21. FWIW my son just turned 21 and is getting his ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: daughter and carry

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't think that she can conceal carry while under 21.
    FWIW my son just turned 21 and is getting his permit to carry however I am urging him not to carry, it's a maturity thing I am concerned about
    Depends on state law. Vermont, for instance, allows for carry at 16 (open or concealed) without a permission slip.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array Firearm.Fan.Girl's Avatar
    I hope she legally can and has the maturity. An 18 year old gal traveling alone is a sitting duck. I don't share this with too many but here goes: at 20 years old, a bad guy forced his way into my vehicle, kidnapped me, raped me and strangled me and I lived to tell about it. I am one of the lucky ones. He was never caught. I wish I had someone to give me the tools to protect myself when I was of a most vunerable age.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Correction!

If it's legal and IF SHE DECIDES SHE'S READY FOR IT, she should do it.

Carrying a gun is about being ready to take a life if need be. That is a huge decision and responsibility that should not be taken lightly. If she understands the responsibilities of life and death IN ADDITION to the responsibilities of safety with a firearm and she is willing to take those upon herself (not just because Daddy wants her to either) then I think she is ready.

A gun in the hands of someone unable or unwilling to use it can be just as bad (or worse) than no gun at all.
    Wholeheartedly agree with Lima...

Also, carrying a gun is NOT a talisman against bad things happening. Regardless of age...if she is going to carry, she needs to get training. Responsible at 18--I'll buy it. But it doesn't mean she's been prepared to take a life. It doesn't mean carry a gun and then pull it out to scare someone off. She really needs professional training...(i.e. not you). It's not that you're not capable of training her, it's just not a good idea. Seek out professional training...and know the laws of your state for carrying at age 18 AND the laws for use of deadly force.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links