Anyone See this? California open carry ban?

This is a discussion on Anyone See this? California open carry ban? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rgbiker It's California, the land of Fruits, Nuts, Flakes and weepy eyed liberals. And really, if we didn't have that bunch, we ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Anyone See this? California open carry ban?

Quote Originally Posted by rgbiker View Post
    It's California, the land of Fruits, Nuts, Flakes and weepy eyed liberals. And really, if we didn't have that bunch, we "Zonies" would have nothing to poke fun at.
    ^^^ This, couldn`t have said it any better. ^^^

2. Remove Ads

This likely paves the way for a lawsuit requiring shall issue permits. Particularly with the likes of what Pistology posted. The CASC has cited OC as the reason for not requiring shall issue. The legislature just blew that out of the water for them.
    thephanatik likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Nothing anti-freedom, anti-gun or anti-rights that comes out of Kalifornia surprises me anymore.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Really, while the "unloaded open carry ban" may work to the favor of the subjects...ah, I mean serfs, ...ah, I mean comrades...ah, citizens of California. The real kick in the pants of lasting effect is Senate Bill 427 which also passed and will be effective in February 2012 (see description here : California: Final Week of the 2011 Legislative Session - SZONE.US Forums Regulating and recording of ammunition sales shall be documented and stored for up to 5 years. The buyer of ammunition will give his ID up for recording and that record will be available to any law enforcement agent who wants to look. Internet ammunition sales can continue (but get this) the delivery must be made to a california store where the "buyer" will pick up his online purchase and have his ID confirmed/recorded (and surely a fee for this service to the buyer will be charged). This bill is simply an attempt by misguided liberals to dry up ammunition in the state and will (I EMPHASIZE "will") drive buyers to other states to purchase ammo (also called "smuggling") and cost California valuable sales tax. In the short run these three anti gun laws that passed this week will have no effect on crime in California and served only to piss off the law abiding gun owners who have had ENOUGH !!!
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

VIP Member
    Maybe the California should put up warning signs on the highways entering the state:

WARNING

Upon entry to this state you are surrendering you Constitutional Rights. We DO NOT recognize you rights to life and liberty. We DO NOT recognize your right to defend yourself.

Enjoy your visit and good luck surviving it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    We have also something snotty to say about the other 49 states that wish they were California. Up here in the high country we have Sheriffs who will issue CCWS and people who apply. We don't need citi-ots and visiting whiners here in the forest so stay home. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    We have also something snotty to say about the other 49 states that wish they were California. Up here in the high country we have Sheriffs who will issue CCWS and people who apply. We don't need citi-ots and visiting whiners here in the forest so stay home. Please.
    I can't think of another state that wishes it was California. I used to live there and will never do so again. I spent five hours in LAX this spring, waiting for a flight. The only reason I was there was I couldn't get a direct flight to Hawaii. Longest five hours of my life.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

wish they were california? oh boy
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Result?

Does this mean that is is now official? That we cannot OC from here on out? The article says "The bill now returns to the Assembly for consideration of amendments added in the upper house." Does this mean it may get repealed?

Read more: Capitol Alert: 'Open carry' ban wins approval in California Senate

Does this mean that it is official? Thank we can't open carry anymore? The end of the article says that "The bill now returns to the Assembly for consideration of amendments added in the upper house." Does this mean there is a chance for it to be repealed?

Read more: Capitol Alert: 'Open carry' ban wins approval in California Senate

Repeal ? No, both the Senate and the Assembly are firmly in favor of the ban. Not official until Jerry "moonbeam monk" signs it and a date is set for the ban to commence. Then let the lawsuits begin !!! Actually this may be the beginning of a forced liberalization of each counties' issuance of Concealed carry permits. IF one can not legally carry openly then the CCW process must change from MAY ISSUE to SHALL ISSUE. Or at least a ban on open carry will provide the NRA more ammunition for future lawsuits in pushing the "right to bear" arguement for us citizens. So this may be a step for the LIBERAL Dems that backfires.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

the other 49 states that wish they were California.
    Thankyou for that. That was by far the best laugh that I have had all week.

Thats the typical response that many of us expect from the left coast which sort of illustrates why many feel the way they do. Once again, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    Repeal ? No, both the Senate and the Assembly are firmly in favor of the ban. Not official until Jerry "moonbeam monk" signs it and a date is set for the ban to commence. Then let the lawsuits begin !!! Actually this may be the beginning of a forced liberalization of each counties' issuance of Concealed carry permits. IF one can not legally carry openly then the CCW process must change from MAY ISSUE to SHALL ISSUE. Or at least a ban on open carry will provide the NRA more ammunition for future lawsuits in pushing the "right to bear" arguement for us citizens. So this may be a step for the LIBERAL Dems that backfires.
    Or they're just moving one step closer to becoming a costal IL....

Glock Certified Armorer

Believe me, no other state wishes they were california. The best thing ive ever done for my self is get the hell out of california. With all of the tree huggers, liberals, and sheeple that live there, you can have it. In california you don`t even have the right to protect your self, the criminals have more rights than a law abiding citizen. Everything in california is over priced and over taxed and still the state is so broke it couldn`t pay attention.

I now live in Idaho, people here cary guns, open carry with out a permit is legal, concealed carry is legal with a permit, and because of this there is no crime here. Carying guns here in this state is so common the cops don`t even give you a second look. Ive never even seen a no gun sign at any store or mall. and everything here is way cheaper than it is in california.

So you just keep your snotty little ass in california, and let those of us that live in other states enjoy our rights and freedoms that you will never have while living in the peoples republic of komifornia.
    Jeff F, rgbiker and Magnum like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rgbiker View Post
    It's California, the land of Fruits, Nuts, Flakes and weepy eyed liberals. And really, if we didn't have that bunch, we "Zonies" would have nothing to poke fun at.
    Well said....
    1911-The most beautiful delivery system for 230 Grains of lead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links