Huge Alabama Open Carry Meetup This Sat. Oct. 1st

This is a discussion on Huge Alabama Open Carry Meetup This Sat. Oct. 1st within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are invited to attend: ALOC Statewide Meetup Oct. 1 Saturday, October 1, 2011 from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Second Big Statewide Meetup Of ...

Thread: Huge Alabama Open Carry Meetup This Sat. Oct. 1st

Cool Huge Alabama Open Carry Meetup This Sat. Oct. 1st

You are invited to attend:

ALOC Statewide Meetup Oct. 1

Saturday, October 1, 2011 from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
    Second Big Statewide Meetup Of 2011!
    Saturday, October 1, 2011at 1:00pm, we would like to invite you and any guests you would like to invite or bring, to our second Statewide meetup of 2011! This is a very special statewide meetup, Alabama Open Carry Members from all over the Great State of Alabama gather occasionally to fellowship, meet old friends and new, and discuss current events!

We are expecting local news coverage of the event. There will also be door prizes, possible guest speakers, and great food! (Everyone is responsible for purchasing their own meals)
    Feel free to forward this invitation to all your family and friends. Everyone is welcome, whether you want to carry openly, concealed, or not at all. The restaurant was made aware that we would be openly carrying. Our last Statewide meetup was standing room only! Don't wait til the last minute to register! Hope to see you there!

If you are planning on bringing a firearm please abide by the following rules:
    No long guns!
    Do not unholster your weapon for any reason.
    Make sure your weapon is secure.
    Do not fidget or make adjustments with your weapon or holster inside, if you need to make an adjustment take it to your vehicle.
    If someone from the media asks to see your weapon, again, do not unholster, turn your body so they can see or film it in it's holster.

Please click the link and Register if you are planning on attending so we can make sure we have adequate space reserved. Feel free to forward this invitation to all your family and friends. Everyone is welcome, whether you want to carry openly, concealed, or not at all. The restaurant was made aware that we would be openly carrying. We may also have local news coverage of the event. Hope to see you there!

Fish Company Restaurant
    Located Inside Bass Pro Shops
    2553 Rocky Mount Road
    Prattville, Alabama 36066

ALOC Statewide Meetup Oct. 1 - Alabama - Open carry- Eventbrite

2. Remove Ads

Glad to see this. I'm down in Mobile and have plans, but am very happy that ya'll are doing this.

Good Work!!!

Good luck and be aware of what you say to the media. Most have an anti-gun agenda and can or will edit your comments to portray an unpleasant incident.

I will be very interested to see how this goes. We used to live in Mobile County and I actually know someone who was arrested for open carry there. It always amazed me because the Alabama AG opinion stated that OC was legal. But every LEO I ever spoke to about it was completely clueless about the AG opinion and told me they were instructed that OC was not legal.

I hope the attitude changes in Alabama. My wife still has a lot of family in Mobile and I'd love to see OC become accepted as well as it is in West Tennessee.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sooooooo, what happened on Saturday??

I wish we could have an OC meetup in the Bass Pro resturant but La law forbids carrying weapons anywhere alcohol is served for on site consumption. Let us know how your gathering went.

Links