Met the new neighbor, while Open Carrying.... - Page 2

Met the new neighbor, while Open Carrying....

This is a discussion on Met the new neighbor, while Open Carrying.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Definitely sounds like a good neighborhood, and that you have some cool neighbors....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Met the new neighbor, while Open Carrying....

VIP Member
    Definitely sounds like a good neighborhood, and that you have some cool neighbors.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    I pictured a big tumbleweed slowly blowing by...
    OK I've got funny story that I HAVE to tell.

I and my partner were riding around in our transport medic many years ago in a not so nice part of Norfolk, VA. We were stopped at a light when this -thing- goes blowing by in front of us. My partner looks over at me and says, "Tumbleweave."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I grew up in Indiana in the 40's-50's. Even though my parents and I lived in a city (Gary), most of my friends dad's owned guns and many of them hunted. My grandparents and aunts and uncles all lived in smaller towns or on farms and guns were common in households. Nobody even gave a second look to someone walking down a road/street hearded toward the outskirts of town with a .22 rifle or shotgun in hand. An uncle with a very extensive gun collection taught me to shoot when I was 13, and I bought my first .22 rifle myself with money I got for my 14th birthday. I also bought myself a shotgun. When I turned 16 and could drive, a couple of my friends and I would toss our guns in the car and drive down state to a relative's farm to go hunting for rabbits, squirrels, quail and pheasant.

I agree the winters in IN aren't the best, but the gun "culture" in IN is a whole lot better than in most other states. It isn't as good as in the "good old days", but at least it hasn't been totally corrupted by flaming liberal politicians and the sheep who elected them! Mike, just be glad you are in Indiana instead of Illinois, New York, NJ, or Commifornia! I know you love TN, but there are places a whole lot worse than Indiana!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Much better neighbour story this time Mike.

At least he didn't run up to your kids and tell them what a horrible parent you are by owning and Heaven forbid carry a gun like the other neighbour did. This one truly "gets" it that we can and do own firearms, are responsible and decent law abiding citizens.

Let us know how you and his range experience goes when you do!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    OK I've got funny story that I HAVE to tell.

I and my partner were riding around in our transport medic many years ago in a not so nice part of Norfolk, VA. We were stopped at a light when this -thing- goes blowing by in front of us. My partner looks over at me and says, "Tumbleweave."
    That is awesome and disgusting at the same time.

OP, seriously though, it is good that your neighbor seems to be a good guy. Very lucky.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's only two things wrong with Florida: Humidity and Yankees . . . and I don't mean that baseball team.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    There's only two things wrong with Florida: Humidity and Yankees . . . and I don't mean that baseball team.
    Three things -- NO legal OC in public.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Nice! There was an older guy moved in on the corner a while back. Same kind of thing, wave and nod but no introductions. I had a bunch of extra squash so I took some around the neighborhood giving them away. Got to his house and he asked what I was carrying. After talking for a minute he says, "Come in I want to show you my collection." He has a sweet AR that he was pretty happy with. He mentions that he just CC's because he has health issues and would rather have his carrying be a surprise. Well, a week later he brings over some home made bread and he is OC'ing a Bersa 45. I've seen him OC'ing around the yard a few times since.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Nice, schedule a range date!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam42 View Post
    Sounds like you have a good new neighbor there, better then the crazy one I got.

I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Glad things keep going in a positive direction there in Indy, to make your {hopefully temporary } stay , more pleasant.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Nice neighbor to have directly across the street. Winter? It's been 25 at night but warms up to 40 here in northern MN. The colors are fantastic, but soon will be all white. -30 to -40 is winter here. Sometime I'd like to put the snowblower in the back of the truck and head south until someone asks "Hey, boy, watcha got there in that there pick up?"
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Ya'll could put together one heck of a "neighborhood watch" system into place. It is nice to have neighbors sharing in your sport. My neighbor came over the other day and said "hey, we should go shoot soon, I have 800 rounds of 9mm, 1000 rounds of NATO and 900 rounds of .45ACP"!

Now THAT sounds like a Saturday!
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links