Calif. gov. enacts ban on open handgun carrying - Page 4

Calif. gov. enacts ban on open handgun carrying

This is a discussion on Calif. gov. enacts ban on open handgun carrying within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rollo Amazing weather, beautiful beaches, incredible mountains, some of the most beautiful women in the country, great fishing, Hollywood, Santa Monica, etc, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Calif. gov. enacts ban on open handgun carrying

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Amazing weather, beautiful beaches, incredible mountains, some of the most beautiful women in the country, great fishing, Hollywood, Santa Monica, etc, etc, etc
    Probably all true, but none of which outweighs my need and right to be able to defend my self and my loved ones against grave bodily harm or death. If California disappeared tomorrow, I would frankly see more pluses than minuses in the situation.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

Commiefornia ! It's a damn shame the one time pro- gun , free state is now a communist haven for gun control ! It's getting as bad as New Jersey over there !
    You have all the dopey liberals and the Hollywood elite to blame ! Pro 2nd Amendment folks have to start fighting back making and signing petitions, calling council and congress men/women, and protesting those who are trying to take away our rights ! The liberals speak their voice, it's time we speak ours and fight back !
    Stop being sheep, we are going to lose everything to being passive !

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Ive been to Cali once to go to the Army's National Training Center. I don't believe I can ever come up with a good reason to ever go back without being forced to by the government.
    I lived there in the LA coastal area from 1967 till 1971. I like to say California is a great place to be FROM.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    That makes two of us. I now live in Arizona and have more rights and freedoms than anyone in Commiefornia will ever have.
    Me too......been in Arizona for 20 years. Arizona gets more California type laws every year. So far our 2A rights have not been infringed.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    Me too......been in Arizona for 20 years. Arizona gets more California type laws every year. So far our 2A rights have not been infringed.
    I was born in CA & been gone for about 21 years now. I saw the BS coming even around 1989-90 when my city enacted their version of an "assault weapon" ban. I agree, it's a great place to be FROM.
    Magnum likes this.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastrap View Post
    I was born in CA & been gone for about 21 years now. I saw the BS coming even around 1989-90 when my city enacted their version of an "assault weapon" ban. I agree, it's a great place to be FROM.
    Especially if you like In-N-Out Burger. Seems like everyone is from California these days.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Lets say I'm a BG (not withstanding the opinions of my Ex-Wives) I'm probably on drugs and prefer to break into expensive homes steel easy to pawn stuff to meet my needs. Beats working for sure. Now unless I'm already on parole and wearing an ankle bracelet where will I go? Want a place where I can walk around 12 months a year and not get cold. A place where I can sleep outdoors on my off nights. A place where the average person has no gun. (except me of course but I'm far from average). Also like a place where welfare is easy to get, where people do not take time to get to know their neighbors, and where the population is always in flux so as to blend in better as a stranger. Hmmmmmm Think I'll thumb a ride or two to California. Besides even if I get caught and arrested I'll be out in a day or two due to overcrowding in their jails. Geeee sure makes me wish I lived there.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Lets say I'm a BG (not withstanding the opinions of my Ex-Wives) I'm probably on drugs and prefer to break into expensive homes steel easy to pawn stuff to meet my needs. Beats working for sure. Now unless I'm already on parole and wearing an ankle bracelet where will I go? Want a place where I can walk around 12 months a year and not get cold. A place where I can sleep outdoors on my off nights. A place where the average person has no gun. (except me of course but I'm far from average). Also like a place where welfare is easy to get, where people do not take time to get to know their neighbors, and where the population is always in flux so as to blend in better as a stranger. Hmmmmmm Think I'll thumb a ride or two to California. Besides even if I get caught and arrested I'll be out in a day or two due to overcrowding in their jails. Geeee sure makes me wish I lived there.
    You nailed it. with all of the rediculous bull$h!t laws that comiefornia is passing, its turning into a criminal state more than anything else. The way the state is now, criminals have more rights than a law abiding citizen, and its getting worse by the day. The people and government of california need to wake up and realise that the more laws they pass restricting guns and the right to self protection the more they invite the criminal element to run wild and do what ever they want when ever they want. I just don`t understand how they can be so ignorant to that fact ?.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun4169 View Post
    Commiefornia ! It's a damn shame the one time pro- gun , free state is now a communist haven for gun control ! It's getting as bad as New Jersey over there !
    You have all the dopey liberals and the Hollywood elite to blame ! Pro 2nd Amendment folks have to start fighting back making and signing petitions, calling council and congress men/women, and protesting those who are trying to take away our rights ! The liberals speak their voice, it's time we speak ours and fight back !
    Stop being sheep, we are going to lose everything to being passive !
    There is an initiative to make CA "Shall Issue". It doesn't redress October's ban on OC - the right already restricted to carrying separately from ammunition. I list other misgivings about the initiative. It somewhat opens on the state-wide level California's restrictive and uneven issuance of weapons permits, i.e., "Concealed Firearms Licenses". In spite of its flaws, assuming it processes all the way to the ballot, I intend to vote for it as a statement for reducing onerous infringements on the right to bear arms here and now.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    How's that "Educating the Public" thing going for ya'll?

Push...see what happens.
    If the people hadn't exercised their rights they would still have them?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    Yea, unfortunately liberals are moving out of Commiefornia to retire in Arizona and then try to turn Arizona into the cesspool they left. They have a habit of doing that everywhere they go, and they seem to multiply like rabbits.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links