OC deters robbery.....Uh oh.

This is a discussion on OC deters robbery.....Uh oh. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tacman605 Harryball never a man purse how dare you. A tactical audio, video concealment rig or a news crew whichever you prefer. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: OC deters robbery.....Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Harryball never a man purse how dare you. A tactical audio, video concealment rig or a news crew whichever you prefer.
    I spit Mountain dew on my monitor....LMAO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    I saw this one come up on the local boards a while back.

The problem is for every story there is like this someone can point to a story where so and so tried to grab a gun. And it's all anecdotal, and there's no statistic to prove what it is one way or the other, and it results in lots of theory being sent back and forth with little to no actual data. And even then it's harder to come by data that accounts for the actions of the carrier themselves, and you can't really ever say what would have happened, only what could have in our imaginations (sometimes stretched but often times not). I like to deal in facts and neither philosophy has conclusively offered that for me; now both are certainly quite plausible; but for now I'm sticking to yes I do OC on occasion, and it is certainly more visible and there's times where it's easier or more comfortable; and there's times where concealing can make life easier for me all around.

My two pennies.
    I'm not saying that gun grabs don't happen but I am saying that I have not read any incidents where someone OC'ing has had someone try to grab their gun. Maybe I have just missed these articles but I have never seen one.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    so did the article ever get posted in NRA or the Armed Citizen?
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You forgot one thing...The man purse to carry all this crap in. LOL
    I think they are technically called a "Murse". Man purse is so...like...yesterday...
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I think they are technically called a "Murse". Man purse is so...like...yesterday...
    LOL. Like....Yesterday.... Thats good...

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Seeing how I just got into a version of this. The LEO refused to listen to her. It may have helped that we called on her trespassing too. Not every LEO thinks guns are bad. He told my wife the the lady was "..really hung up on that gun thing." He could have cared less.
    Very true, but not too long ago a member posted a thread where his neighbor and he got into an argument and the neighbor called the cops and said he was threatened by his neighbor (who OC's) with his gun. Didn't go well for the guy who OC'd.

And forget that reason, what about not wanting to constantly deal with "sir, can you please leave, you are scaring the customers with that" or the man with a gun calls and having to explain myself to LEO's or all the other hassles. Why not just put my t-shirt over my gun and go about my life unmolested?

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I'm not saying that gun grabs don't happen but I am saying that I have not read any incidents where someone OC'ing has had someone try to grab their gun. Maybe I have just missed these articles but I have never seen one.
    Easy solution to that is to OC with a holster like the Blackhawk Serpa CQC w/ active retention where you have to physically push a button to release the gun.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Very true, but not too long ago a member posted a thread where his neighbor and he got into an argument and the neighbor called the cops and said he was threatened by his neighbor (who OC's) with his gun. Didn't go well for the guy who OC'd.

And forget that reason, what about not wanting to constantly deal with "sir, can you please leave, you are scaring the customers with that" or the man with a gun calls and having to explain myself to LEO's or all the other hassles. Why not just put my t-shirt over my gun and go about my life unmolested?
    Because OC groups do alot in regards to getting city ordinances and laws to allow CC and OC. At least I know here in Michigan we do. For instance the arts beats and eats festival was not going to allow "ANY WEAPONS" Which they city cannot do because it is public property and is in direct violation of State Law which MCL 123.1102 says cities cannot due exactly what the city of Royal oak was doing.

Now because of Michigan OC group they pressed the city council and got them to obey State law like they should. Now both CC and OC was legal at the festival.

For those who will say "yeah but if you just CCed then who would know? You could have and just not said anything and who would know?"
    Okay that is all fine but say while at that festival you come to a police interaction whether by someone bumps into you and "feels a gun" then tells on you or Say you have to defend your life. In either instance you are going to waste more time, maybe even be arrested and thrown in the Hold tank at the PD because you were in "violation" of the city's rule of no weapons at the festival.

Now you not only have to defend yourself for the shooting, but you also have to prove why you actually were allowed to carry your handgun at the festival. Or you could just have Michigan Open Carry fight for all Gun owners rights.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    I saw this one come up on the local boards a while back.

The problem is for every story there is like this someone can point to a story where so and so tried to grab a gun. And it's all anecdotal, and there's no statistic to prove what it is one way or the other, and it results in lots of theory being sent back and forth with little to no actual data. And even then it's harder to come by data that accounts for the actions of the carrier themselves, and you can't really ever say what would have happened, only what could have in our imaginations (sometimes stretched but often times not). I like to deal in facts and neither philosophy has conclusively offered that for me; now both are certainly quite plausible; but for now I'm sticking to yes I do OC on occasion, and it is certainly more visible and there's times where it's easier or more comfortable; and there's times where concealing can make life easier for me all around.

My two pennies.
    Please, I'm not trying to start anything; REALLY.
    But, can you provide any links to stories where OCer where specifically targeted & someone tried to grab their gun? (I really & truely want to know!)

I have heard of stories where BGs tried to grab a LEO's firearm during an arrest. (Those don't count!)

I have yet to see PROOF where an OCer was specifically targeted. I do hear "storied" accounts from people. But, I can't seem to find the evidence or story links. So, can someone help me out?

-

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Please, I'm not trying to start anything; REALLY.
    But, can you provide any links to stories where OCer where specifically targeted & someone tried to grab their gun? (I really & truely want to know!)

I have heard of stories where BGs tried to grab a LEO's firearm during an arrest. (Those don't count!)

I have yet to see PROOF where an OCer was specifically targeted. I do hear "storied" accounts from people. But, I can't seem to find the evidence or story links. So, can someone help me out?

-
    Here you go.....

Guy with the gun robbed of his gun, because he had one. Was the robber afraid? Don't think so. - YouTube

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's what I was looking for. Got any more?

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Thanks
    That's what I was looking for. Got any more?
    I do not, but I think Hotguns does.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links