Open Carry In Florida - Page 3

Open Carry In Florida

This is a discussion on Open Carry In Florida within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't see too many problems with open carry in Idaho or other states that don't forbid it as opposed to allowing it. The right to ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Open Carry In Florida

Don't see too many problems with open carry in Idaho or other states that don't forbid it as opposed to allowing it. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed means just that. People with permits to conceal just have a revocable privilige. A "Permission Slip".

People used to say "shootouts and blood running in the streets" when talking about concealed carry permits also. I don't really see where that has happened, am I missing something here? The vast majority of concealed permit holders are among the most responsible people anywhere in the country. There are some exceptions as there are in any group.

The vast majority of Open Carriers also fit in the same responsible catagory. There are no shootouts and rivers of blood. They are also responsible citizens with, of course, a few exceptions.

The problems come from those opposed to carry of ANY kind. Which also includes some LEO. Citizens should not be detained for legal activities. Some authority figures just seem to not get it.

Florida doesn't need gun owners to open carry handguns.

Why you would see blood in the streets, shootouts over parking disputes, road rage ending in gun fire, domestic squabbles ending in gun shots, wild west duels on Saturday at sundown, think of the innocent children and the little kittens....

Don't let what happened in Arizona happe...........

Oh wait, uh never mind.
    jrclen likes this.

I have been in a few states that allow open carry, I've only seen one guy OCing and he was a guide I hired as a wilderness guide. Other than that I've never seen anyone OC where it is legal to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I have been in a few states that allow open carry, I've only seen one guy OCing and he was a guide I hired as a wilderness guide. Other than that I've never seen anyone OC where it is legal to do so.
    okay

So what is your view?
    OC in Florida = yes? or OC in Florida = no?

sgb

I'll be open carrying at work tonight
    chefjon likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    okay

So what is your view?
    OC in Florida = yes? or OC in Florida = no?
    Except in certain narrow circumstances, OC in Florida is a no-go.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    It is a no - go, but I still think the debate has merit.

If I push all the legal mumbo-jumbo and any emotion I can aside, I'm left with one desire: to openly carry my big, bad stainless steel S&W combat magnum .357 revolver down the street because, face it, that's a cool looking gun. Big bad looking mother too. Really not just too hard to conceal, a gun that good looking should be out where people can admire it and the sunshine shining off it can make boys drool and green with envy and women swoon. And yes, that does harken to some of the good ole' macho man mine's bigger than yours attitude.

But I honestly believe the debate is unfortunately just like politics in America in general: a mess of a discussion, turned into a quagmire by too many with limited power and some with just too much power, with no real hope of being decided by common sense. This debate goes beyond liberals not liking guns to liberals wanting control; and to a great extent beyond conservatives that don't just love guns but frankly don't want to be told they can or cannot do anything.

This debate ends up just like a debate on abortion. When does life begin? Who's right is it? On and on ad nauseum until the real issue is just a forgotten note: is the baby wanted or not?

What's the real issue with open carry, versus concealed carry, versus no carry, versus no ownership?

Life, liberty and the pursuit of property.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Except in certain narrow circumstances, OC in Florida is a no-go.
    My question wasn't a legal one. I already know OC is (for the most part) illegal in Florida.

The premise of my question to apvbguy is....do you support the idea of OC in Florida or not?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    My question wasn't a legal one. I already know OC is (for the most part) illegal in Florida.

The premise of my question to apvbguy is....do you support the idea of OC in Florida or not?
    IMHO open carry is not a good idea, I would rarely if ever OC, that said, I wouldn't oppose OC if I were ever asked, that said, I wouldn't push for OC in FLA, the bottom line is I don't care as long as I can conceal carry I am happy.

I would support OC in Florida, despite how Janet Reno feels about it.

As many of you gathered by now, I OC almost daily in Tucson. My manner of dress is as follows: Black handgun of my choice from my stash (SIG/Glock/DDR Makarov/CZ82/LCR .357 magnum). Black OWB holster, black belt, black trousers and dark color shirt. I carry the handgun cross draw. I dress casual - to sort of blend in with the crowd and it appears that none of my handguns in OC fashion have drawn attention from authorities or liberal minded anti gun sheeple since I first began exercising my Second Amendment right four years ago.

I see nothing wrong with OC.

Of course, I don't live in Florida or Texas where OC seems to scare the weenies who make law.

I would support OC in FL only because it gives a little more freedom.
    I don't really care if CC is the law now, but there are occasions where that freedom of OC would be appreciated.
    In states where OC is legal, it has not been a problem and the grow more accustomed to it, which IMHO is a good thing.
    Toorop likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    since you are unwilling to elaborate I'm going to guess that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

We don't have any issues here in Florida other than the fact that we can't OC.
    Well said .

And on topic imo not a big open carry fan

IMHO open carry is not a good idea, I would rarely if ever OC, that said, I wouldn't oppose OC if I were ever asked, that said, I wouldn't push for OC in FLA, the bottom line is I don't care as long as I can conceal carry I am happy.
    Have you ever concidered a run for the POTUS?

IMHO open carry is not a good idea, I would rarely if ever OC,
    So your against it?

that said, I wouldn't oppose OC if I were ever asked,
    So your for it?

that said, I wouldn't push for OC in FLA,
    So your against it again?

the bottom line is I don't care as long as I can conceal carry I am happy.
    Bottom line is that you don't care about the advancement of gun rights in Florida? Your happy so everyone else should be too? Your cool with Janet Reno?

My question at this point is...: since this is in the "Open Carry" portion of the forum, why does ANYONE think it shouldn't be allowed? If this were going on in the CC section I could understand the comments. Why are the OC people here objecting to Floridians open carrying?

What is it about OC that you have a fear of?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links