Open Carry In Florida - Page 4

Open Carry In Florida

This is a discussion on Open Carry In Florida within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by carracer What is it about OC that you have a fear of? Hoplophobia? I don't know? It falls in the liberal mindset ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Open Carry In Florida

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    What is it about OC that you have a fear of?
    Hoplophobia? I don't know?

It falls in the liberal mindset (ex. I wear a helmet when I ride a motorcycle so I feel everyone should.)

It is just aggravating to me that a CC'r wont fully support the right of other people to choose their individual method of carry.

.....but I have to be real careful because I seem to rack up the infractions concerning this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    Hoplophobia? I don't know?

It falls in the liberal mindset (ex. I wear a helmet when I ride a motorcycle so I feel everyone should.)

It is just aggravating to me that a CC'r wont fully support the right of other people to choose their individual method of carry.

.....but I have to be real careful because I seem to rack up the infractions concerning this topic.
    it is this kind of belligerence that doomed the OC crowd in the FLA legislature the last year, your in your face comments are unnecessary and unwelcome.
    I choose not to OC and I just don't give a damn about if OC becomes legal or not. That is my choice and all your insults won't change anything, in fact it makes me less inclined to ever support the OC crowd, too many yahoos like you are pushing for it, you make the rest of the gun crowd look foolish.
    bolocanolo and tundra like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    What is it about OC that you have a fear of?
    no fears, I just like keeping the fact that I am armed a secret, the whole world doesn't need to know I am carrying, I choose whom I tell, works for me, you are free to disagree.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

I'll be open carrying at work tonight
    Well no one shot me in the head and took my gun last night we'll see how tonight goes.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    it is this kind of belligerence that doomed the OC crowd in the FLA legislature the last year, your in your face comments are unnecessary and unwelcome.
    I choose not to OC and I just don't give a damn about if OC becomes legal or not. That is my choice and all your insults won't change anything, in fact it makes me less inclined to ever support the OC crowd, too many yahoos like you are pushing for it, you make the rest of the gun crowd look foolish.
    To tell the truth it was the Florida Sheriffs Association & the Florida Retail Federation that killed open carry this last time round. The Sheriffs Association was against passage of Concealed carry as well but it eventually passed as will Open Carry.

But don't worry those who wish to exercise Open Carry won't mind those who wish to stay in the closet
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Oh yeah! My comment is totally "in your face..." or would you rather have me keep it concealed so you can be happy?

If you "just don't give a damn about OC" then stay out of the oc forum with your liberal stance on the subject and causing trouble.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    thieltech and bigmacque like this.

I see the Concealed Carry Cry Babies are here bashing open carry again ... nothing new there ... why cant they cry in there own part of the forum ? you know the CC section
    " Innovations are what i leave behind for history "

No one asked u to come in here and bash open carry ... dont let the door hit u in the A** on your way out
    " Innovations are what i leave behind for history "

Wow, you really were not paying attention during last years legislative session if you believe that. Some people's bravado was not helpful but it was not the actual cause of Sen. Bogdanoff's amendment.

I wrote the OC portion of the bill, I lobbied for it, and I know exactly why we lost OC on our first try. Remember, it took 7 years to pass concealed carry in Florida.
    Please stop pretending that you know what was happening behind the scenes. I never saw you in Tallahassee last year.
    gunsnroses, OldVet and Toorop like this.
    I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.

Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.
    Founder, Florida Open Carry Movement

a lot of you guys really aren't too bright, I said I am neither for or against OC, I said I would neither advocate for OC, I also said I would not fight against OC. you need to accept the fact that not all gun carriers agree with your views on OC, those people are still on your side regardless of their position on this issue, insults and vitriol rarely serve any cause well.

Rich, you didn't see me in Tally because I don't care to support the passage of OC. I also didn't harass legislators either (wink, wink)
    when they try to restrict my ownership of weapons is when you'd see me there.

a lot of you guys really aren't too bright
    Personal attacks have no place in our public discord and I would ask that you conduct yourself as a gentlemen.

I said I am neither for or against OC, I said I would neither advocate for OC, I also said I would not fight against OC. you need to accept the fact that not all gun carriers agree with your views on OC, those people are still on your side regardless of their position on this issue, insults and vitriol rarely serve any cause well.
    Your comments on this thread, and on other forums, display a disdain for supporters of the common sense right to carry unconcealed or concealed as appropriate. They are not productive comments in any context.

Rich, you didn't see me in Tally because I don't care to support the passage of OC. I also didn't harass legislators either (wink, wink)
    when they try to restrict my ownership of weapons is when you'd see me there.
    I'm not Rich. I'm Sean Caranna.
    I also didn't see you there for HB45, a bill that ended local gun ban laws statewide that Rich and I were the genesis for. I also didn't see you there for SB1220 or against any of the anti-gun bills. You claim knowledge of why open carry was not allowed for licensees during the last legislative session but pivot when challenged about your lack of actual insight... Your comments are baseless and counter productive.
    I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.

Executive Director, Florida Carry, Inc.
    Founder, Florida Open Carry Movement

Do I want to OC in Florida? YES

Do I want the average "Gun-show-cattle-call-one-shot-proficency-test" CCWer to OC? Oh HELLS no!

Frankly, I don't even want them to CC.

I do, however, believe that it's a Constitutional Right (******! lol)

I also don't think most folks should be able to drive....
    I think I should be able to claim my guns as dependents on my taxes. I have to clothe them, feed them, clean them when they get dirty, keep them safe from bad people...

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    We have a 'Like' link but we really need a 'Dislike' link.

Everybody on this forum should be on the same side of the gun rights issue, with only differences between details -- and the details should not lead to open bashing, name-calling, finger pointing and whining.

The direction this thread alone has gone in has further concerned me about this entire forum. Too bad.
    StogieC and tundra like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    OC. If I could, I would . . . sometimes, but not always. I'd like to have the choice though. No one is forced to ride a motorcycle--with or without a helmet, but they at least have that choice. If carrying a handgun is legal, the manner in which it is done shouldn't be an issue.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    We have a 'Like' link but we really need a 'Dislike' link.

Everybody on this forum should be on the same side of the gun rights issue, with only differences between details -- and the details should not lead to open bashing, name-calling, finger pointing and whining.

The direction this thread alone has gone in has further concerned me about this entire forum. Too bad.
    I know, but the fact that a fellow CC'r doesn't support another CC'r in his/her method of carry......really gets my panties in a wade!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links