Philly Mark Fiorina-NOT GUILTY

This is a discussion on Philly Mark Fiorina-NOT GUILTY within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm glad he was found not guilty.... but please note, he spent over a year studying the laws of the state in order to be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Philly Mark Fiorina-NOT GUILTY

I'm glad he was found not guilty.... but please note, he spent over a year studying the laws of the state in order to be certain he could carry openly in Philly. The police in this altercation were in the wrong, obviously. And Mark deserves his day in civil court over it... I doubt the ACLU will be leading the charge on this case of rights violations, but they should.

My point is this:

We ALL need to be very aware of the laws in our jurisdictions (and at the very least, reasonably aware of the regulations in areas we are travelling to or through). This includes legislation, AND case law. It is incumbent on us as legal carriers of weapons to KNOW what we are doing.

Think about this as regards helping a third party who appears to be in distress. Think about how certain you are defending yourself against "disparity of force," knife versus gun, and all the little nuances of an attack on you or your loved ones... Can you use your weapon, can you show it, can you brandish it?

It is not only the police who can make your life difficult, the survivors of your "self defense" or their estates can also make your life miserable in every meaning of the word.

Saying you have "castle doctrine" in your state, or a nice "stand your ground" law... May not mean diddly if they don't apply... Saying you have the right to stop a felony in progress against another person... may be right... but not always...

Know your sh__. Or you may not have a "life" left to defend.
    jem102 likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Agreed! And I hope he sues the hell out of the city of Philadelphia and collects BIG!

Excuse me but I do believe that your supposition was just proven wrong with the outcome of this legal matter.

I completely agree. And I hope that at least they are made to pay heavily for the treatment he suffered.

The Philly gestapo will Not allow you to open carry in the City. if you want to be a poster child for them I hope you have a very Large Bank account to pay the Legal Fees. He did get off BUT at what cost??. If you buck the gestapo there they`ll just get you on something else even if they have to make it up. Is it worth it to walk around OC and frighten the sheep?.
    jem102 and smolck like this.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Seek conflict and ye shall find it.
    SARR001, jem102 and The Old Anglo like this.

Glad the founding fathers and Rosa Parks didn't think like that.
    Moga, Al Lowe, mrjam2jab and 1 others like this.

Here's a link to a good article written. I just wish the judge would have rebuked the police for their obvious retaliation and stupidity. Too bad he didn't have the balls to do that.

Philly ‘open carry’ case ends with not guilty verdict; civil rights claim expected to follow | PennRecord.com, legal news for Pennsylvania

Well i don't quite buy that he wasn't looking to get into a dispute as he was walking down the street with a voice recorder. Now, on the other hand is knowingly challenging the system, by excercising a right, wrong, especially when it comes to 2A?

I carry a recorder and am not looking for a dispute. As he was carrying it for his defense against false allegations, so do I. This time it was PPD that violated him. Next time it may be a sheeple that accuses you of brandishing during an argument over... anything!

Outside the courtroom following the verdict, Francis, the prosecutor, said she still felt as though her case was strong, yet she respected the judge’s decision.

“I’m disappointed,” she said.

Francis also said she felt police were right to act the way they did that day.

“The police are not only right, they must investigate that,” she said, referring to the sight of someone with a gun.

Above quoted from: Philly ‘open carry’ case ends with not guilty verdict; civil rights claim expected to follow | PennRecord.com, legal news for Pennsylvania

So the police must investigate open carry????? Because it is LEGAL????? Give me a break. Maybe the police should spend a little time investigating a looney tunes prosecutor who doesn't know the law?

We can not talk to cops this way but they can talk to us completely disrespectful!!! I hope he sues the Dept and each cop to no end!
    NRA Member
    XD 9 EDC
    Ruger LC9 with Crimson Laser BUG
    Marlin 30/30

Good ! Im glad he found justice ! I heard that recording, a total witholding of rights on the cops part. They were treating him like a common criminal, then when they found out that he had been recording them the cops really flipped ! Im glad he came out on top. Maybe now the cops will think twice before harassing a law abiding citizen
    who excercises his 2nd amendment right ? This is the only city in Pennsylvania that is not gun friendly ! Other counties allow open carry with no permit and no one gets harassed. Philly is run by a bunch of liberal politicians and it is the liberal stronghold of the state. If you go west of Philly it's the total opposite, people are different, they are more friendly and don't just care about themselves like most here. Almost everyone in Philly has been brainwashed that Democrats are for the working man, but they don't realize these are not the same democrats of yesteryear ! These are not Truman Democrats they are socialst democrats that have a bigger agenda ! They believe we are uncapable of taking care of ourselves and that we need the government to do everything, tell us everything, and to actually make decisions for us because we are too stupid to do so ourselves. They think this especially of those in the mid-west and southern states who are farmers and don't live in cities. In otherwords they hate all country folk and rednecks and think they are stupid ! I find their ideology one sided and ignorant ! Im a redneck who lives in the city and I choose to be the way I am !
    I've challenged these people face-to-face about the facts and they don't have an ounce of common sense in their 1/4 ounce brains ! They are the biggest crybabies and hippocrite liars on earth and don't deserve to live in a free nation. They should all be exiled to either Eastern Canada or Russia just to let them see how good they had it here, and also so true freedom loving americans could finally live in peace and enjoy the things that makes America, America !
    Majorlk likes this.

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

That's why most of us don't open carry as to me I don't want to be bothered with the time and expense just to prove some cop doesn't know the law
    other than local ordances.Go one the open Carry Forum and you can post there questioning them or pointing out exceptions to what they say is Gospel
    they project such an attitude it tells me these folks are rather young and may lack the ability to be objective when it comes to listening to the other side.
    Why would anyone give up the advantage of being concealed is beyond my thinking.I am all ears if the open carry side wants to educate me as I remember
    walking down the street with a rifle getting a once over by the cops;that was 30 years ago ! If your looking to make a buck of some cash strap city shame on you!
    ironmike86 and The Old Anglo like this.

If your looking to make a buck of some cash strap city shame on you!
    If the government is harassing someone that is breaking no law, shame on them.

Michael
    atctimmy, ccman and ironmike86 like this.

They must "investigate" OC? What do you think would happen if they started traffic stops without PC to check DL's?

A right not exercised is a right denied.

And to think, I myself HOPE they don't pick FL to retire ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Glad the founding fathers and Rosa Parks didn't think like that.
    Here we go again with the Rosa Parks comparison to OC'ing. Not even the same thing. Oc'ing is legal, for her, riding in the front of the bus wasn't. It is easy to do something like OC'ing if it is legal (even if the cops don't acknowledge it) and doing something that is ILLEGAL. She had courage to fight against bogus laws. The OC'er in this trial did something that was legal and tried to rub it in the face of the police. Big difference. It is easy to "fight the powers" when you aren't facing any real recourse. Rosa Parks faced jail time. Don't try and say your courage and hers are the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links