President of Michigan Open Carry victim of attack journalism

This is a discussion on President of Michigan Open Carry victim of attack journalism within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dumbledork ...because women NEVER lie when requesting a protection order, right? The reporter is a tool. If anything, Webb is guilty of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: President of Michigan Open Carry victim of attack journalism

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    ...because women NEVER lie when requesting a protection order, right?

The reporter is a tool. If anything, Webb is guilty of having bad judgement when it comes to women.
    Did you happen to count how many women initiated PO's against this guy?

This isn't one nutty chick...... this is a string of women all with the same assertion and all obtaining PO's.

Conspiracy? Doubt it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ok got to disagree with you on this one.

The prez stated in a signed document that he could not work because of a mental condition, he had several protection orders over a period of time from different women who didn't know each other. That is called a pattern of abuse.

Saying this guy is a victim of slanted journalism is like saying Micheal Jackson is a "Victim" of drug abuse. Even if this story was presented by the Brady's themselves I would probably give it some weight. He had a sorted past, he got caught, and was relieved, I guess, of his duties. If even one of the PPO's is true he does not need to be carrying a firearm period and he damn sure did not need to be a spokesperson for anything to do with firearms.
    With the slant of that piece, they degraded anyone who carries a gun as crazy..... they might have won the argument if they had eliminated the sarcasism about other people who carry guns and eliminated all the derogartory comments about them. But, they couldn't resist..... which kills any credibility they have on anything else... as far as I'm concerned. Credibility, they have "none".

I don't know the guy, or about the guy, but watching this....... I wouldn't believe a thing the news people said either, nor that they didn't show they are anything but extremely anti-gun, who would probably slant anything to the negative side.

Asking an Ex-wife, or and ex-GF, is like asking a Muslim if he would attend mass with the Pope.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This was obviously an attention grabbing attack story, but the facts in the story tell me I don't want him representing me in any gun issue.
    The leaders of 2A rights need to be spiffy clean, if for no other reason than to protect the image of those of us who carry the in public.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Eagleks the bad thing is though we as gun owners may be insulted or degraded but the non gun owning public heard just a few key phrases.

"President of Michigan Open Carry" "Personal Protection Orders" "He said he was going to kill me" "Can't work due to mental health issues" "Carrying a gun"
    and they saw said crazed mental health guy in a police station argueing with the po po, giving statemens about firearms issues all the while knowing he has/had PPO's out against him. Lord help if a women's right organization who is anti gun gets ahold of this.

Yes it is an embarrassing moment for all gun owners but I don't think it all falls on the media in this case. He gave them more ammunition and help than they would ever need.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

One thing everyone missed is Scott has a CPL and was background checked by the FBI. You can't Open Carry in your car in Michigan without one. So if he was really a "bad" "Crazy" Guy the FBI should be contacted and asked why he was cleared on his check.

VIP Member
    A problem with making a public spectacle of oneself is that people look. I had a conversation with a local ex-politician this morning. I asked him why, in all seriousness, he didn't run for a particular office for which he is very well qualified. He responded that there were things in his past that, while he has owned up to and dealt with, he did not want targeted for ugly public scrutiny.

VIP Member
    Shadow you are absolutely correct and with this story being aired they may go back and review that very fact of how a man who claims disability due to mental disease or defect and has had PPO's against him has a CPL.

Once again is that a news story that will help or hurt gun rights in Michigan and across the country.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Shadow you are absolutely correct and with this story being aired they may go back and review that very fact of how a man who claims disability due to mental disease or defect and has had PPO's against him has a CPL.

Once again is that a news story that will help or hurt gun rights in Michigan and across the country.
    Tman, You know the answer to your question... ;) The morel of this story. This guy is a tool, he got caught, and now must face his accusers. Whether or not the news cast was slanted, he still must own up to what has been done. Seems to me, this guy needs a good kick in the ass......

Yep..... skip the trial, go straight to the lynching..... we all know whatever is in the News must be true.
    Those 10 second sound bits are a real killer and have ruined many a career only to be discovered to be BS later on (see pg 23 of the local news a year later ) . (sarcasim off)
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Harryball read my mind again.

Eagle absolutely not. As I stated there are always three sides his, theirs and the truth. I would love to see the full documents PPO's and the disability claim. If he got caught he got caught If he is innocent then stand up and show it.
    JD likes this.

Harryball read my mind again.

Eagle absolutely not. As I stated there are always three sides his, theirs and the truth. I would love to see the full documents PPO's and the disability claim. If he got caught he got caught If he is innocent then stand up and show it.
    LOL, this dam thing called perception....Funny isnt it...

Eagle thats what it is all about, perception. The public now sees this and thinks that all gun owners are like this guy. What ever you want to call it the public perception is what it is. Like Tman said, he better stand up and show that he is innocent. Otherwise, he has fallen and wont be able to get back up....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links