ALERT: WA Ceasefire to push open carry ban in 2012 - Page 2

ALERT: WA Ceasefire to push open carry ban in 2012

This is a discussion on ALERT: WA Ceasefire to push open carry ban in 2012 within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jumpwing Washington's constitution has State Preemption in it, forbidding local jurisdictions from enacting any form of their own gun control. That's not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ALERT: WA Ceasefire to push open carry ban in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Washington's constitution has State Preemption in it, forbidding local jurisdictions from enacting any form of their own gun control.
    That's not quite accurate.
    State preemption is not in the state constitution, but in state statute.
    jumpwing likes this.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    That's not quite accurate.
    State preemption is not in the state constitution, but in state statute.
    Gotcha, thanks.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

No, I am not going to post my comment! I don't want another infraction. Nevermind!
    onacoma likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Please don't conflate escape from the DPRK with wanting to bring its mindset to WA. We left there in 1992 and it was one of the greatest reliefs of my life. WA is actually 2 states culturally - Seattle and its environs, and the rest.

Ceasefire WA comes up with some cretinous proposal every year as its legislative goal, and this is no different. They need some goal to keep the donations coming.
    sensei2 likes this.
    Better to perish in the fight for freedom than live to see defeat.

wa cease fire

billstaf,

hey i live in wa state and have recently started carrying my taurus 24/7 G2 .40 cal in an oc manner.i understand that i need to vote to make sure that in the future we can keep our right to open carry. however, i have no idea where to find the right info and location to vote against that ban.i would really appreciate it if i got some kind of info so i can participate.thank you.

The only difference some times between CC and OC ........ is a gust of wind.
    AK_Brian likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

It will never happen. Outside of Seattle and parts of the Eastside it is a pro gun state. To ban it would require changing the constitution , I suspect. It helps to have the Second Amendment Foundation in Bellevue as well. I would suggest sending them a check if you have not ;)

Sent from my 300 baud modem

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    I think they already have. I moved here 8 months ago and am constantly amazed. You can spot a liberal tree-hugger from a mile away. (How? wearing synthetic clothing rather than moccasins? lol) To quote Clint Eastwood, "they have that just pumped the neighbor's cat look" in their eyes. Half of Seattle's taxis are Prius (Why not? it doesn't snow much and I've heard of taxi drivers getting well over 500k miles on a single car), gasoline tax money goes to bike ways instead of roads (Don't you know a lot of people in the area actually enjoy riding their bikes rather than jumping into a 5MPG ugly wannabe Hummer to drive .25 of a mile to buy their beer?), all guns are evil, yada, yada, yada (Weird, considering we are one of the last open-carry states..youre ideas are quite baseless). Many western states have become havens for Californians' escape from high taxation. Unfortunately, most brought their liberal ways with them (What did you bring besides misplaced rage and intolerance for seemingly much of anything?). I wasn't aware OC was a big "problem" here. I've not seen anyone OC and I've traveled my fair share throughout the state in a short time.
    This is one of the most arrogant things I've ever read. Strikingly Hilarious! You truly think so much of yourself! Maybe you should step away from the conspiracy theories and grab a cup of Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun4169 View Post
    LOL, your right ! They have that dopey, spacey look in their eyes ! They all wear the same kind of clothes and talk like they are actually smart, but don't have an ounce of common sense ! I wish they would be put on an island in the mid pacific, they don't want to be here anyway ! They are also the biggest hippocrites of all ! They preach guns are evil but when trouble hits home, like their house gets robbed or they get mugged, the first thing they do is go buy a gun ! I see them come in the shop everyday !
    You see, they only learn after they get slapped in the face by reality !

Oh my goodness, the ridiculously uneducated comments make me ashamed for you and your family.

I'm an Open Carry citizen.
    I'm a backpacker.
    I was in the army / 11B.
    I've been all over this country.
    Born in Alaska around guns and hunting.
    Raised 2/3rd's of my life around the Seattle area.
    I support open carry and CC in this state and everywhere else.
    I drive a Jeep that gets 15 MPG at best.
    Both of my cars are SUV's.
    I like burning wood for the sake of a camp or home fire.
    I like weapons / guns.
    I love beer.
    I love our constitution.
    I love America.
    I wear fleece jackets at times.
    My home burns a lot of electricity.
    I LOVE meat.
    You'd think I was a liberal because I care about the world and the world my children will be growing up to live in.
    I'm educated.
    I have spend a great portion of my life volunteering as a firefighter or with other similar organizations.
    I don't believe You have to be either republican OR Liberal.
    Sure sounds like a lot of people have the "MY way is the right way and anyone else is wrong and needs to be hurt" type of ideas.
    I think I fit snugly in-between these two parties with my ideals and to feel as though only your party is 100% right and another is 100% wrong is similar to a Hitler mindset.
    This is America. Not Republican-a or Liberal-a.
    To hate liberals just because you hate they way they dress and because of what some actor says about them is a mindless mindset.
    To hate Republicans because they believe in other types of freedoms is anti-American as well.
    Sure seems like a lot of people these days are taking a Hitler type of mindset and have funny ways of defending their ideas, especially for Americans.

Of course, I won't be supporting the ban on OC.

It's just sad to see Americans carry around ideas that we have fought so hard to destroy in this world.

That being the incapacity to see another point of view and assessing it's realistic properties VS. "this is what I was raised to think and I'm not changing a thing because thinking for yourself is ... I don't know Frenchy gay-gay or something!"

It's always sad to come somewhere like this to get educated on real world happenings and see so much ignorance trying to pass aggression off as intelligence.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
    This is one of the most arrogant things I've ever read. Strikingly Hilarious! You truly think so much of yourself! Maybe you should step away from the conspiracy theories and grab a cup of Starbucks.
    No thanks Boomerang and no, I don't think so much of myself....certainly not as much as you think of yourself. It's obvious you haven't read too many arrogant things, unless you just proofread your own post. You come across as a sanctimonious liberal who takes offense at the slightest bit of truth or reality. I just stated my observation based on personal interaction, seasoned observation and common sense.

I brought myself and my tax money here and get along with almost everyone on the planet. I do NOT get along well with people who try to tell me how I should live, live up to a certain expectation of a lifestyle to "fit in" with everyone else or people who claim moral superiority. Sorry if you took my post as rage. I could show rage, but I have too much respect for this forum and our members. I encourage you to be careful next time you stand on your soapbox junior - you don't know as much as you think you do. Your second post and you're already doing your best to make new friends and learn things. We have LOT of excellent members here and your style and rant don't put you anywhere near that level!

Yes, WA is culturally two states. Seattle and the east side and almost everywhere else. Don't think most Seattle folks think guns are evil? Look at the polls from Seattle, selected interviewees on TV news, the comments from most local office holders and police spokespeople, two failed gun buy-backs in how many years.... The anti-2A Left is alive and well in the Seattle metro area. Not a conspiracy theory - statement of fact.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I OC on my private rural forested property, but not in town. I was glad to be moved out of Kalifornia in 89.

Guys we are in this for the long haul. This is going to be a tough battle and we have to remain strong and not settle for this kind of nonsense.

If OC is forbidden that wont be the end next they will try and attack CC.

Best of luck to you guys - I'm behind your carry rights 100% of the way.

Echoing others' statements: if you're a CCer and don't believe in OC you should still help protect it.

GH
    That group must be wanting to blind their selves to just how many people are carrying a firearm. Do they think that OCers will stop carrying when only CC is allowed?? Out of sight, out of mind? Or are they thinking that once they get OC outlawed then CC is next? Fight that silly notion all the way. Once the foot is in the door they'll want to go all the way in.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links