Question About Open Carry You Tube

This is a discussion on Question About Open Carry You Tube within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rugerguy I know OC is often legal and even no permit required in some states. I guess all I should have said ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 103
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Question About Open Carry You Tube

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    I know OC is often legal and even no permit required in some states. I guess all I should have said here was that I don't respect people who love flaunting 2A rights in front of police.
    What if they were not flaunting their rights. What if they were just walking down the street openly carrying a firearm? Or would that be flaunting?

    Michael

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Senior Member Array Al Lowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mason, MI, USA
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    Those videos make me feel sorry for some of the the police. I just can't see what the big deal is, hand the guy your license or carry permit and move on, it's not like the cop is trying to end 2A he's just a guy at work doing his job.
    The deal is, if you give in, and hand over your ID, and the ONLY reason they stopped you was that you were LAWFULLY OCing, you're surrendering your rights. Specifically, the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure. Courts have already ruled that OCing (where legal) is not reasonable articulable suspicion to stop and ID someone. In other words, if the LEO's only reason for stopping someone, is that they are OCing, and it's legal, they are not required to identify themselves.

    If you want to "give in," that's your choice. Myself, I see such an opportunity as a learning experience for the LEO. Assuming, I'm not on a schedule. But, as I said above, I've never been stopped JUST for OCing. I keep waiting, but it seems most of the LEOs I run into, are aware of the law. Funny that. :)

  4. #18
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    All I can say is that they are exercising a right that has been lost for the most part. Yes they are rude in some cases, but so are some of the LEOs. They are making a statement for the right to OC. Like it or not, the are fighting for all of us, together we stand, together we fall. It's like the so called "assault weapons", some gun owners still don't like them and want them outlawed, but if we don't fight, the Government will come for their hunting guns someday.
    An equally compelling argument can be made that they are making it tougher for all of us. The general public tends to be uncomfortable at the sight of openly-armed citizens, and become even more so when encounters become assertive or confrontational. When people do things which call attention to themselves, expect others to pay attention.

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    An equally compelling argument can be made that they are making it tougher for all of us. The general public tends to be uncomfortable at the sight of openly-armed citizens, and become even more so when encounters become assertive or confrontational. When people do things which call attention to themselves, expect others to pay attention.
    I understand your point. Now please tell us how you would remedy it without taking away someones rights.

    Michael

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,173
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I understand your point. Now please tell us how you would remedy it without taking away someones rights.

    Michael
    Carrying concealed works for me, and countless others. My rights are exercised, and public calm is maintained.
    wmhawth likes this.

  7. #21
    Senior Member Array Bubbiesdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,043
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Carrying concealed works for me, and countless others. My rights are exercised, and public calm is maintained.
    Your right to carry concealed carry is maintained. But we are not discussing that. We are discussing the right to open carry. What is the remedy for those people?

    Michael
    TN_Mike likes this.

  9. #23
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,173
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Your right to carry concealed carry is maintained. But we are not discussing that. We are discussing the right to open carry. What is the remedy for those people?

    Michael
    We also have the right to pick our noses and pass gas. Should we expect people not to notice, or perhaps even take certain exception when those rights are exercised?

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Array marcclarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Loveland, Colorado USA
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    I'm watching You tube and feel compelled to ask, why do some OC people want to be stopped and checked and give police a hard time? it just makes me sick that they are intentionally pushing the boundaries. Am I missing something here?
    Some people have a strong need for a lot of drama in their lives.

  11. #25
    Member Array Dumbledork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    I know OC is often legal and even no permit required in some states. I guess all I should have said here was that I don't respect people who love flaunting 2A rights in front of police.
    So basically, you started this thread to troll. Nice job! Just kidding, you fail. I don't respect people who don't respect the rights of others, whether it's police, or anonymous people on internet forums. And, carrying a gun in the open isn't flaunting, it's carrying a gun in the open. Try again.

  12. #26
    VIP Member Array Thunder71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    2,515
    I'll be honest, I like open carry and do it when I feel like it.

    However, if I knew I lived in an area that it would cause me grief, legal or not, I'd probably not do it simply because I don't have the desire to deal with the consequences. I'm married and a father of three small kids, my time is better spent hanging out with them than dealing with problems for doing something I knew I'd probably get grief for.

    I guess I'm fortunate that it's not that way, because I do enjoy the freedom of choice.

  13. #27
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I'll be honest, I like open carry and do it when I feel like it.

    However, if I knew I lived in an area that it would cause me grief, legal or not, I'd probably not do it simply because I don't have the desire to deal with the consequences. I'm married and a father of three small kids, my time is better spent hanging out with them than dealing with problems for doing something I knew I'd probably get grief for.

    I guess I'm fortunate that it's not that way, because I do enjoy the freedom of choice.
    In a perfect world the Government would obey the law and there would be no consequences.

    Michael

  14. #28
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA
    Posts
    5,127
    Because some people don't feel they should pay a fee (tax) for a "fashion permit" to conceal the fact that they're exercising a human right.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  15. #29
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,558
    If I were in a place where OC was legal, but I knew that I might get hassled, I would choose to avoid the situation and CC.
    It's not that difficult of a choice.
    Saying that, I might also note that it is important to know what one's legal rights ARE and how to defend them, but why choose the hassle route?

    As in all walks of life, there are constantly individuals who wish to push the boundaries...I choose the easier path of non-confrontation, up to a point.
    wmhawth and gottabkiddin like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  16. #30
    VIP Member Array MitchellCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    I don't post here anymore...Sorry
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    I'm watching You tube and feel compelled to ask, why do some OC people want to be stopped and checked and give police a hard time? it just makes me sick that they are intentionally pushing the boundaries. Am I missing something here?
    It's called being an attention whore.

    The gun equivalent of wearing a little black dress & pumps that make you look so good, and turns heads when you walk by.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

before you carry

,
concealed carry norfolk grand illumination parade
,
is it illegal to open carry at dennys
,

long pistols

,
open carry in meijer video
,
open carry laws in michigan youtube
,
open carry michigan youtube
,

open carry.org on utube

,
powered by mybb magazines over u.s. civil rights movement
,
powered by mybb rosa parks and civil rights movement
,
powered by mybb sig arms magazine/clips
,
powered by mybb the definition of the civil rights movement
,
powered by mybb utah business license
,
sick of open carry videos on youtube
,
what will happen when oklahomas open carry law starts in nov 1st?
Click on a term to search for related topics.