For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you. - Page 14

For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

This is a discussion on For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by carracer Like I said.... you are perfectly welcome to abandon your OC trolling on this portion of the forum! Your fears of ...

View Poll Results: Would you support a law that did not allow for open carry?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 3.65%
  • No

301 73.24%
  • I'm against open carry but support those who do so.

87 21.17%
  • Yes, but with exceptions for handicapped or those unable to carry otherwise.

8 1.95%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Like I said.... you are perfectly welcome to abandon your OC trolling on this portion of the forum! Your fears of accidently scaring someone are just your own insecurity. "I'm hiding a gun and you can't see it! Ha Ha Ha!" Why would you do business with anyone that wants to restrict you anyway? Ahh, it's more fun getting away something so that makes it ok!
    Trolls are good for traffic, as exemplified by this particular thread. Nearly 200 posts in, and you are still looking for a game.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Since some members here are quite open about their opinions against open carry, and have written reason upon reason why they and others shouldn't do so, would you be against a law that did not allow open carry?

The way I look at it, if you're so openly against it there should be some 'yes' votes coming in - after all, you do provide fuel for the anti-gun groups (you do realize that organizations like the Brady Campaign read these forums, right). If even gun owners speak out against open carry it won't be long until your quotes are put to the test, if they aren't already.

So please, take a moment if you will and answer honestly - I'm genuinely curious, and this is an anonymous poll.
    My opinion is that of what is good for another may not be good for me. I would be against such a law banning open carry. However, I prefer the element of surprise and therefore cc instead. I personally am against a law that says we have to have permit at all. I believe such a law flies directly in the face of the 2nd Amendment.
    carracer likes this.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You did happen to see the title of the thread right?

That kind of implies OC'ers wanted responses. Sorry if you don't like what you hear.
    Darn! I forgot about that! Carry on.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Hoping this can continue as a civil discussion.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

VIP Member
    We have had open carry in my state for years! We just got the conceal carry 4 months ago!. While I did not open carry, I did support it and those who choose to.
    carracer likes this.

I support those who want to OC for good reason, but I less support those trying to OC to make a statement.

IMHO, some in the OC community (say 10%), are less 2A, and more 1A about carrying. They are making a statement, and are want attention. Half of that 10% are great leaders. I open carry from time to time, when walking. It is more of a poor attempt to CC because I'm more focused on comfort and access. To sum up my opinion (so just a hunch, but not proven fact), 50% of those who are in your face concerning OC, I support, because it is a right they are defending and I reap the benifit of indirectly. The other 50% are seeking personal satisfaction beyond just fighting for a right. Frankly a slight authority issue. They more likely hinder the right more than strengthen it. So say 5% who OC are great leaders, 5% are just pointless and hinder the right, 30% are supporters, 50% just perfer to OC vs CC, and the next 10% are like me, who OC from time to time.

If as many people OC a firearm as often as people OC a cell phone, I may rethink my point of view. Not saying I would be against OC in that situation, just that I would have to rethink.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Sponsored Links